“good hotel but not a good value”
Review of Weber's

Weber's
Ranked #11 of 34 Hotels in Ann Arbor
Manistee, Michigan
“good hotel but not a good value”
Reviewed 11 March 2013

We paid $130 a night for our stay. The room was clean and the decor was 1970's. The bathroom small, too small for two at a time but the shower was fine, no complaints other than the size. The bed was excellent, very comfortable and the room was quiet (4th floor). The room temperature control was not optimal, it was a bit warm and difficult to turn the temperature down and there was no thermostat, just a red is hot/blue is cool diagram which didn't seem to work well.

We thought there should be a breakfast included for the price but nothing other than a dollar off coupon for the coffee shop. The service was excellent and the staff appeared immediately if we needed anything.

The hotel is on the west edge of Ann Arbor so you have to drive 5-10 minutes to get to campus or downtown. There is a pleasant park (Dolph Park) to walk in just south of the hotel. I would have rated this higher if there was a breakfast included, otherwise not a bad place to stay.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Kelly, Wyoming
Reviewed 8 March 2013 via mobile

The hotel is really nothing special: not great, not bad. Actually have "OK" meeting facilities if your group is under 100. Guest rooms are fine...a little old, but fine. What's great about this place is the restaurant: super list of appetizers, wonderful local fish, great steaks. Worth staying here for the food.

• Stayed March 2013
Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed 1 March 2013

I really like staying at non-chain hotels.that offer good quality. Overall, Weber's provides a nice experience - EXCEPT for their wifi. They have about half a dozen access points floating around at any given room (I actually moved to a different room in a desperate attempt to connect). Most of these access points have only a single bar. There is no security, no terms and conditions to connect. If you are fortunate enough to connect, don't worry, in about 7-10 minutes the access point will drop you.

I went to the front desk and they gave me a number to call. It was some outsource IT firm that should be fired immediately. My call went straight to voice mail.

Really too bad that something so simple to fix (get an IT service that knows what they are doing!) could result in such a frustrating stay.

Room Tip: Bring a smart phone with wifi.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Carolyn C, Manager at Weber's, responded to this review, 4 March 2013
Dear Jfoster51,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Weber’s.

Weber’s recently invested thousands of dollars into upgrading the Internet access throughout the building to make the most State-of-the-art Technology available to our guests. 24 hour IT support from a local company is also available to all of our guests. We are just as disappointed as you are that the Internet access in your room did not work as it was expected to. Our Internet Tech Support Company is currently working on resolving the issues that took place during your stay, including reaching an answering machine when you called for IT support help. These issues will be resolved promptly.

I apologize these events occurred during your stay, as they never should have, and that they were not corrected for you either. I sincerely hope that when you are in need of hotel accommodations in the Ann Arbor area in the future, you will consider making reservations at Weber’s Inn.

If I can be of any assistance to you in the future, please contact me.

Carolyn Crowley
Reservations Manager
Commerce, Michigan, United States
Reviewed 26 February 2013

Had tickets for a concert in Ann Arbor and thought it'd be nice to NOT be in a rush. (Getting back home and such), so after much research i booked a night here for my wife and I. We caught dinner before the show ,drinks afterward, a super buffet the next morning, and a swim; all right there! The staff seemed very pleasant and helpful . A bit pricy for me but we kinda looked at the trip as a mini-vacation and we were not disappointed! The dinner was very good and the piano music was a great addition

Midwest
Reviewed 26 February 2013

My husband recently took me to this Icon for a belated Valentines gift. It is an 'ok' hotel as far as my personal standards go, but nothing that I was impressed with on the 'cleanliness' scale. Perhaps because it is older and needs some updates, but clean is still clean, or not, in my book and while it wasn't dirty, it could have been much more detailed. Things on our ceiling that were 'questionable', in crevices of bathroom also, just my personal experience. The meal we had at the restaurant was Dinner, and we had Rib-eye, it was shear perfection, no gamble there, would definately eat Websters again. Staff was great.

Room Tip: All of my 'ratings' were based on the ROOM, not the restaurant (restaurant meals were delici...
1 Thank Dobemommy
Reviewed 25 February 2013

I recently stayed at Weber's with my husband and 10 year old daughter. It was only for a short stay, but we enjoyed our time spent there. The hotel is a bit different than other hotels we have stayed at, and very enjoyable and a perfect spot to stay with our 10 year old

The indoor pool is a plus for those with kids. There are rooms that are located next to the pool area, and you can walk out the back door of your room, down some stairs and you are right at the pool. In addition to the pool there is a hot tub and ping pong and pool table and area where you can eat food. The fact you can look out your room and see how crowded the pool is nice.

Unfortunately the people staying in the room next to us were extremely noisy...fighting and very boisterous and just plain loud. I went down to the front desk and asked if our room could be changed. The hotel was booked so they said the would send up security to check it out. Five minutes later we headed up to our room. In the elevator was the security guard and the front desk person. We went into our room while the other two people checked on the room next to us. Quiet from that point on. I thought that perhaps the people next door had gone out for the evening. We were able to sleep, without noise from next door. The next day, upon checkout the front desk person asked if there was any more issues with the room next door, and I stated, "no" as I thought they had gone out that prior evening. The front desk person said that they had spoken to the people next door after my complaint. Thank you front desk and security, you really helped with our noisy neighbors.

We also ordered room service which was pretty quick, and quite inexpensive compared to other hotels I have stayed at. We also had brunch in the main restaurant and dinner as well. Both were very good.

In summary, this was a good spot. Some of the areas of the hotel were being updated, and the bathroom in our room was quite dated, but we would happily stay there again.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the pool are quieter and if you want to avoid a long walk down the stairs, stay on t...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Kirkland, Washington
Reviewed 10 February 2013

I didn't not like this hotel, but I don't think it was amazing either. They've certainly made the effort to update and modernize many of the areas. The lobby is beautiful and the pool area was cool. However, the elevator and the hallways were dirty. Granted, it's winter, but they were pretty dirty. The room was small - smaller than expected. The bathroom felt pretty claustrophobic and a bit outdated. There was an old hair dryer on the wall that looked like it was from the 50s or 60s. I'd never seen anything like it. The bed was very comfortable - very soft so I did get a good night's sleep. Overall, it wasn't bad, but wasn't quite what I expected either.