“Low price but decent food”
Review of Weber's

Weber's
Ranked #10 of 34 Hotels in Ann Arbor
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Low price but decent food”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Overall a good place. Price is right and food is decent. The lunch buffet is a good choice. Service and environment are not bad either. It is one the other side of a hotel so it takes us a bit time to find the entrance.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 25 September 2013

My daughter and I stayed whilst visiting the University of Michigan . Whilst not the most convenient for visiting , we had no car,I wouldn't hesitate to make this my go to hotel in Ann Arbor.
Very clean rooms,comfortable beds and a helpful pleasant staff. We ate breakfast and one Dinner at the restaurant and the food was great. They had a great pianist playing whilst we ate.
The indoor pool was lovely. Plenty of deckchairs,tables and chairs were available and there was access to an outdoor courtyard for a bit of sunning.

Room Tip: If travelling with children I would choose a room near the pool
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Wilmington, Delaware
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Came into town to attend a family wedding in July. My room was clean, quiet and comfortable.

However, my sister and her family had the unfortunate experience to have a room with poor air conditioning and humidity control. When I walked into their room, it was steamy & musty, which did not improve when the air conditioner was turned on. As a matter of fact, their room never did cool down. While they were tempted to complain and ask for a room change, this is a hectic thing to do when you are on a tight schedule when you have obligations to the wedding party, and you have a couple of kids in the mix and multiple suitcases to re-pack. They sucked it up, but had a poor night's sleep due to their bed sheets and clothes feeling damp and uncomfortable. I felt so bad for them, as it would have been easier for me to change my room since I packed lightly.

I used their gym in the morning, and found it to be well-lit and cool, considering it was housed next to the indoor, heated pool, which made the atmosphere in the lobby very humid and strongly scented with chlorine. I did my workout on the elliptical and was happy to have TV to keep my mind occupied while I completed my workout. Was pleased to see that they provided exercise mats, as I completed my yoga workout with my sister and my nephew.

I was glad to have a refrigerator in my room where I could keep juice and fruit for my breakfast in the morning. It was not really cold enough to suit me, but it was enough to keep the items from spoiling.

Parking was adequate and the lot was well lit at night.

Since there were quite a few of us there from out of town, we got a group rate, which helped with my budget.

The wedding reception was in one of their banquet rooms. The food was buffet style, and was so ordinary and tasteless! I did not eat very much! They had an open bar, and the drinks were well-made, as they did not skimp on the alcohol. However, due to the tight squeeze in the banquet room, the bar was set up in the lobby area, right next to the pool. So, we were exposed to the high heat and humidity of the pool every time we went out into the lobby to use the bathroom, or to get a drink. We were quite sweaty and our hair droopy as the evening wore on. This was just a bad setup all around for the guests. The acoustics of the banquet room were poor as well, since the room was so small and it was difficult to converse and be heard above the booming of the dj.

I would not recommend this place for a wedding reception, based on my description above.
I gave this a rating of 4, simply based on it being a clean, quiet and comfortable sleeping experience. As stated above, if would have ended up with a room like my sister had, I would have given it a rating of 2. I do hope that Weber's did a follow through on the room, after my sister checked out that morning. It is quite a disservice to pay money for a room and end up being so uncomfortable.

Room Tip: If you are sensitive to heat and humidity, you may want to stay away from the rooms that open up to...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed here when on my visit to a Red Wings game the price was definately worth it rooms very nice clean the beds were confortable and the restaurant had an amazing breakfast best way to end my trip and start my trip back to Illinois and so much safer the staying in Detroit

• Stayed December 2012
Canton, Michigan
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Stayed here for a night with the kids. They really enjoyed the stay and the balcony facing the warm pool. The rooms were very nice and comfortable although a bit old. The steps down to the pool were narrow but interesting.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

The room was clean, and the bed was quite comfortable. We stayed overnight for a girls night, and had a great time! The room had a balcony to the pool, which was super cool. We had drinks in the bar and danced to the band. Brunch was also good! Would come back for sure!

• Stayed August 2013
Fayetteville, Arkansas
Reviewed 31 July 2013

This is not a Hilton or chain hotel so don't expect it to be extremely clean with new carpet and all that jazz, but its a very nice hotel with great character. Has a great restaurant, perfect bar for drinks before bedtime and the rooms are very nicely decorated. Beds are comfortable and if I ever go back this is where I would stay. If you are a prime rib eater like I am you must try it at the Weber. Piece of advise - you can get the prime rib at the bar as the restaurant is very very fancy so if on business you might feel a little uncomfortable eating along but not at the bar!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business