“You Truly Feel At Home”

Ranked #11 of 34 Hotels in Ann Arbor
Chicago, United States
“You Truly Feel At Home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

From my years of travel experience, it is rare to find a hotel that makes you feel at home. Weber's is the exception. The staff are extremely friendly and professional. The rooms were very nice and spacious with comfortable beds. The rate is reasonable for this area. It is conveniently located to the interstate, airport of M. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Elkton, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

Our family loves Weber's. We are part of the Inn Crowd loyalty program. This is the hotel of choice when visiting Ann Arbor, especially football weekends. It is located right off the highway. We mostly stay in a poolside room, double beds. The beds are comfortable and clean. We sleep well in this hotel. The people at the reservation desk are always friendly and have good suggestions. On a football weekend room service can take a little bit, but we expect it and plan or room service dinner accordingly. Room service is accommodating because they will serve you at the poolside seating that is available. The pool and hot tub are always used when we visit, the kids love the pool and my father in law loves the hot tub. They have a fitness area with your typical machines and free weights as well. The hotel is very clean and has had a face lift in the recent years. There is a cabana at the pool that serves snacks and alcohol at reasonable prices. You can also order food from the restaurant from the cabana area. This place is the best, like the title of my review, we feel like we are at home when visiting Weber's.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Lisamlo
New York City, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

My family and I stayed at the Weber's Inn for 2 nights recently for a wedding party. Overall, we were quite disappointed with our experience. Having also stayed at the Sheraton Ann Arbor on the same trip, comparing the two back-to-back is not even a fair fight.

Service:

Dealing with the reservations manager, Carolyn Crowley, was a gem. Frankly, we had high expectations for our stay because Carolyn was so pleasant to deal with and the photos look so great. Unfortunately reality lived up short of expectations. Dealing with the front desk staff (multiple experiences with different staff) was unpleasant. They were not that friendly, slow, very short with responses, barely smiled, certainly not that professional nor seem that competent. Frankly some seemed quite aloof and didn't really care much for providing good service (vs. just working the hours and then go home). If I was comparing this experience to for example, Days Inn or Motel 6, then I would have expected this. But comparing this to just the Sheraton, the difference was night and day.

Rooms:

We stayed in a deluxe room and the furnishings were deeply in need of an upgrade. Everything was old. Bed was old and sheets were old. Carpet, bathroom, furniture and even the air conditioner, everything was just old. I was quite shocked since the photos of the hotel on the outside actually looks like it has been renovated. The door is a cheap door and sound travels through very, very easily. We did not enjoy our sleep on either nights as it was just overall uncomfortable.

We had the pleasure of staying across a very low-class family who's grown teenage kids ran around the hallway with no shirts, their shorts half way down their legs, cigarette behind their ears, yelling and throwing a football. IN THE HALLWAY. They also slammed the door in their room repeatedly throughout the day and night and to the point where I, the guest in the room next door to me, and the guest in the room next door to this menace family, all stood outside to find out what was happening. I eventually called security to resolve this issue and my next call would have been to the police if unresolved.

As you can imagine, nobody wants to deal with this while on holiday. I'm not sure if this is the clientele that this hotel normally attracts but it was definitely an unpleasant surprise to our stay and very disappointing.

Facilities:

Again, then theme is OLD. Not 2000s old or 1990s old, but even older than that. The gym is what one would find in a cheap motel from 30 years ago. Honestly it should not be called a "gym"; rather, a room with a few pieces of exercise equipment with dingy carpet in a small enclosed room.

The pool, however, is probably the highlight of the facilities. It was a pleasant experience and having a decent size indoor pool, I'm sure, is quite attractive to guests with families.

Food:

This was the best part of our stay (on a relative basis to other aspects). We ordered room service several times and each time, they got the order exactly right despite our various picky requests, including extra sauce, etc. The food also came quickly, within 30 mins typically. The delivery staff was also quite polite and friendly. The taste of the food was also not terrible. It's exactly what you could expect from room service dining so it was not bad at all. The best part....prices. It was cheap! No complaints in this department at all.

Overall, the next time we're in Ann Arbor we would unlikely stay here again nor recommend our friends to stay here. For the price per room, there are plenty of other options which provide better service (generally speaking because Carolyn was great), newly renovated facilities and rooms, and comparable dining. (One example is the Sheraton)

Room Tip: The rooms with balconies facing the indoor pool will likely be noisier.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank RNG1008
Fort Wayne, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

webers is a wonderful hotel.friendly staff and clean rooms. nice location, away from downtown traffic but a short drive if you want to go downtown. I would recommend this place for any occasion.there is a nice lounge with live entertainment every night except Sunday. we would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Ann Arbor, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

Overall a good place. Price is right and food is decent. The lunch buffet is a good choice. Service and environment are not bad either. It is one the other side of a hotel so it takes us a bit time to find the entrance.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

My daughter and I stayed whilst visiting the University of Michigan . Whilst not the most convenient for visiting , we had no car,I wouldn't hesitate to make this my go to hotel in Ann Arbor.
Very clean rooms,comfortable beds and a helpful pleasant staff. We ate breakfast and one Dinner at the restaurant and the food was great. They had a great pianist playing whilst we ate.
The indoor pool was lovely. Plenty of deckchairs,tables and chairs were available and there was access to an outdoor courtyard for a bit of sunning.

Room Tip: If travelling with children I would choose a room near the pool
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Wilmington, Delaware
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

Came into town to attend a family wedding in July. My room was clean, quiet and comfortable.

However, my sister and her family had the unfortunate experience to have a room with poor air conditioning and humidity control. When I walked into their room, it was steamy & musty, which did not improve when the air conditioner was turned on. As a matter of fact, their room never did cool down. While they were tempted to complain and ask for a room change, this is a hectic thing to do when you are on a tight schedule when you have obligations to the wedding party, and you have a couple of kids in the mix and multiple suitcases to re-pack. They sucked it up, but had a poor night's sleep due to their bed sheets and clothes feeling damp and uncomfortable. I felt so bad for them, as it would have been easier for me to change my room since I packed lightly.

I used their gym in the morning, and found it to be well-lit and cool, considering it was housed next to the indoor, heated pool, which made the atmosphere in the lobby very humid and strongly scented with chlorine. I did my workout on the elliptical and was happy to have TV to keep my mind occupied while I completed my workout. Was pleased to see that they provided exercise mats, as I completed my yoga workout with my sister and my nephew.

I was glad to have a refrigerator in my room where I could keep juice and fruit for my breakfast in the morning. It was not really cold enough to suit me, but it was enough to keep the items from spoiling.

Parking was adequate and the lot was well lit at night.

Since there were quite a few of us there from out of town, we got a group rate, which helped with my budget.

The wedding reception was in one of their banquet rooms. The food was buffet style, and was so ordinary and tasteless! I did not eat very much! They had an open bar, and the drinks were well-made, as they did not skimp on the alcohol. However, due to the tight squeeze in the banquet room, the bar was set up in the lobby area, right next to the pool. So, we were exposed to the high heat and humidity of the pool every time we went out into the lobby to use the bathroom, or to get a drink. We were quite sweaty and our hair droopy as the evening wore on. This was just a bad setup all around for the guests. The acoustics of the banquet room were poor as well, since the room was so small and it was difficult to converse and be heard above the booming of the dj.

I would not recommend this place for a wedding reception, based on my description above.
I gave this a rating of 4, simply based on it being a clean, quiet and comfortable sleeping experience. As stated above, if would have ended up with a room like my sister had, I would have given it a rating of 2. I do hope that Weber's did a follow through on the room, after my sister checked out that morning. It is quite a disservice to pay money for a room and end up being so uncomfortable.

Room Tip: If you are sensitive to heat and humidity, you may want to stay away from the rooms that open up to...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family