“Quirky”

Weber's Boutique Hotel
Ranked #13 of 35 Hotels in Ann Arbor
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Weber's is a boutique hotel but this seems to end beyond reception. It's very quirky and parts are a bit dated . The service is very good though . Rooms are comfortable , good bed and wifi . Coffee maker in the bathroom bit odd. Food is good although setting in both restaurant and habitat bar was a bit 80s

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Ian C

Reviewed 27 November 2013

The location is great for my business trip. The front desk is very friendly and they have done a good job to update the facility. My only reason I did Average - because I did feel it was a nice and cute hotel - was due to the cleaning staff. They are getting ready on the 2nd floor at 6:30 - 7:00 AM and they take over the elevators. I would normally take the stairs but the stairwell is one thing they haven't done anything too so it is a tad smelly. If I go back to Ann Arbor I'll stay there again because of the location and price.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 November 2013

My husband and I were expecting a nice birthday dinner as is our tradition we came to Webers. I asked for a booth,but not by a window,as the cold and the light bother me. We were given a window seat in the bright sun even though there were about 4 empty booths that would have been great. The hostess refused to let us sit where we would be the most comfortable! Finally I just put on my sunglasses and considered whether we should just leave. We should have. Then she came over and moved me to another cold window seat! Why? I don't know. The waitress was very nice, but unfortunately the quality of the food seemed to be lacking.The hot chocolate was cold, the fish bland and the service friendly, but slow-it was 3pm so they were not busy. Too bad-I remember when going here was a treat we looked forward to. Not now.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 November 2013

We just stayed at the Weber's hotel for a girls weekend over the weekend of Nov 15 for 2 nights. There were 4 of us girls and we had 2 rooms with 2 full size beds and the rooms were connecting which greatly enhanced our stay. I thought the rooms were a comfortable size, not huge, but fine. The sink for the bathroom is outside the toilet/shower area which worked really well. There is a individual coffee maker which was really nice to have. My only complaint about the room was that it was very warm the whole time even though we had the a/c on. Also the rooms were a little dark. We walked through the pool area and that was very nice as well. Went to the restaurant for breakfast and it was just perfect. Good breakfast food and great service all at a good price. The hotel was located 5-10 minutes from downtown Ann Arbor which was very convenient. Overall a great stay!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 November 2013

From my years of travel experience, it is rare to find a hotel that makes you feel at home. Weber's is the exception. The staff are extremely friendly and professional. The rooms were very nice and spacious with comfortable beds. The rate is reasonable for this area. It is conveniently located to the interstate, airport of M. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Our family loves Weber's. We are part of the Inn Crowd loyalty program. This is the hotel of choice when visiting Ann Arbor, especially football weekends. It is located right off the highway. We mostly stay in a poolside room, double beds. The beds are comfortable and clean. We sleep well in this hotel. The people at the reservation desk are always friendly and have good suggestions. On a football weekend room service can take a little bit, but we expect it and plan or room service dinner accordingly. Room service is accommodating because they will serve you at the poolside seating that is available. The pool and hot tub are always used when we visit, the kids love the pool and my father in law loves the hot tub. They have a fitness area with your typical machines and free weights as well. The hotel is very clean and has had a face lift in the recent years. There is a cabana at the pool that serves snacks and alcohol at reasonable prices. You can also order food from the restaurant from the cabana area. This place is the best, like the title of my review, we feel like we are at home when visiting Weber's.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Lisamlo
Reviewed 25 October 2013

My family and I stayed at the Weber's Inn for 2 nights recently for a wedding party. Overall, we were quite disappointed with our experience. Having also stayed at the Sheraton Ann Arbor on the same trip, comparing the two back-to-back is not even a fair fight.

Service:

Dealing with the reservations manager, Carolyn Crowley, was a gem. Frankly, we had high expectations for our stay because Carolyn was so pleasant to deal with and the photos look so great. Unfortunately reality lived up short of expectations. Dealing with the front desk staff (multiple experiences with different staff) was unpleasant. They were not that friendly, slow, very short with responses, barely smiled, certainly not that professional nor seem that competent. Frankly some seemed quite aloof and didn't really care much for providing good service (vs. just working the hours and then go home). If I was comparing this experience to for example, Days Inn or Motel 6, then I would have expected this. But comparing this to just the Sheraton, the difference was night and day.

Rooms:

We stayed in a deluxe room and the furnishings were deeply in need of an upgrade. Everything was old. Bed was old and sheets were old. Carpet, bathroom, furniture and even the air conditioner, everything was just old. I was quite shocked since the photos of the hotel on the outside actually looks like it has been renovated. The door is a cheap door and sound travels through very, very easily. We did not enjoy our sleep on either nights as it was just overall uncomfortable.

We had the pleasure of staying across a very low-class family who's grown teenage kids ran around the hallway with no shirts, their shorts half way down their legs, cigarette behind their ears, yelling and throwing a football. IN THE HALLWAY. They also slammed the door in their room repeatedly throughout the day and night and to the point where I, the guest in the room next door to me, and the guest in the room next door to this menace family, all stood outside to find out what was happening. I eventually called security to resolve this issue and my next call would have been to the police if unresolved.

As you can imagine, nobody wants to deal with this while on holiday. I'm not sure if this is the clientele that this hotel normally attracts but it was definitely an unpleasant surprise to our stay and very disappointing.

Facilities:

Again, then theme is OLD. Not 2000s old or 1990s old, but even older than that. The gym is what one would find in a cheap motel from 30 years ago. Honestly it should not be called a "gym"; rather, a room with a few pieces of exercise equipment with dingy carpet in a small enclosed room.

The pool, however, is probably the highlight of the facilities. It was a pleasant experience and having a decent size indoor pool, I'm sure, is quite attractive to guests with families.

Food:

This was the best part of our stay (on a relative basis to other aspects). We ordered room service several times and each time, they got the order exactly right despite our various picky requests, including extra sauce, etc. The food also came quickly, within 30 mins typically. The delivery staff was also quite polite and friendly. The taste of the food was also not terrible. It's exactly what you could expect from room service dining so it was not bad at all. The best part....prices. It was cheap! No complaints in this department at all.

Overall, the next time we're in Ann Arbor we would unlikely stay here again nor recommend our friends to stay here. For the price per room, there are plenty of other options which provide better service (generally speaking because Carolyn was great), newly renovated facilities and rooms, and comparable dining. (One example is the Sheraton)

Room Tip: The rooms with balconies facing the indoor pool will likely be noisier.