“Hospitality and Excellent Customer Service = Ann Arbor Regent”

Ann Arbor Regent Hotel & Suites
Ranked #3 of 35 Hotels in Ann Arbor
Reviewed 27 May 2012

2012 Memorial Day weekend was our first time to visit Anna Arbor, MI. My aunt was hospitalized at the University of Michigan Medical center. This hospital had a Patient and Visitor Accommodations Program. They gave us a list of preferred hotels in the area which offered shuttle services to and from the hospital. This program also offered pre-negotiated and discounted hotel rates. Ann Arbor Regent ranked #2 in Travel Advisor and was also in the preferred list of the program. Our reservations were done by the hospital program and I made the best decision for choosing the Ann Arbor Regent.

We left Virginia late Friday night (Memorial Day weekend) and arrived at Ann Arbor Regent before 9:00 am. We went straight to the hotel and fortunately the Front Desk Personnel, Anthony was there to assist us. We asked him check in time and he told us it was at 3:00 pm. We told him that we have been traveling for more than 10 hours and asked him what time we could check in early. He said that he would do it now for us. We were so delighted and grateful for his hospitable act. He even offered us to have breakfast that morning. Ann Arbor Regent offered continental breakfast which also included hot food - eggs, potatoes and sausage. They offered BearClaw Gourmet coffee 24 hours a day at the breakfast area. This hotel is truly a jewel and a blessing for us. The shuttle service of the hotel to the University of Michigan Medical center runs from 10:00 am to 8:00 pm. The drivers were efficient and very accommodating.

Overall, we had a very pleasant stay at the Ann Arbor Regent and we will definitely recommend this hotel to all travelers.

Room Tip: Stay in the second floor to minimal noise.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Washdc_mom1085
aarsales, Director of Sales at Ann Arbor Regent Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2012

We are sorry to hear the reason behind your travels to Ann Arbor and we hope your aunt is recovering. Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review and for letting us know your positive feedback regarding our staff. Thank you for staying with us!

Director of Sales

Write a ReviewReviews (1,147)

Reviewed 21 May 2012

From the taste of the breakfast food, the quality of the spoons,knives, forks, and drink cups everything is just a step above the quality at comparable priced chain hotels. Rooms are clean, good mattresses, nice sized clean bathroom. The staff is well trained to address the small problems that may come along. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank EatYourVeggies

Thank you for staying with us a taking the time to write such a nice review. We look forward to having you stay with us again while visiting the Ann Arbor Area!

Reviewed 30 April 2012

This is actually a pretty nice hotel. It's clean and the people at the front desk are helpful. It's an okay value and breakfast is halfway decent, but the coffee is cold and awful. I have stayed here 3-4 times, but after my last stay, I will not return. During our last visit we stayed 4 nights and we were in town for Michigan's Commencement Ceremonies. The hotel was packed. On the last day we stayed we left our room around noon and my husband ushered in the housekeeper to straighten the room. We returned at about 8:30 at night and to my shock and horror, our door was open. Clearly the cleaning staff had left the door ajar and neglected to close it. Our room had several computers, additional electronics and some inexpensive, yet irreplaceable and sentimental jewelry. Very fortunately, nothing was taken. I let the front desk know and I was super nice about it even though I had every right to be freaking out since a member of their staff had seriously compromised our safety as well as the security of all our belongings. Honestly, the person at the front desk was not a bit apologetic and just said they were really busy that day and that kind of stuff just happens. I never heard a peep from management or housekeeping. I will be back to Ann Arbor, but NO WAY back to this hotel.

Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank mei2828
aarsales, General Manager at Ann Arbor Regent Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2012

I agree, a room should never be compromised to security breeches. This is a very serious matter that addressed with the housekeeper immediately. Again, I apologize for our error but you probably know that since you spoke with a manager the next day.

As for the coffee, we are very proud to offer a local, very well liked company, Bear Claw Coffee. We are the only hotel to use a local brewer with such a high reputation in the area. I am sorry it was not up to your standards but we do receive multiple compliments. We are also the only local hotel to use 100% fresh squeezed orange juice during in our breakfast.

I am always willing to hear suggestions and feedback on how we are able to improve and again, I am sorry we compromised your security.

DeWayne Grann

Reviewed 29 April 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel over night as my husband had a medical procedure at U of M. We needed a place that was close to the hospital. (It was about 10 minutes from the hospital area) We stayed one night. My daughter booked this room for us because we were on the road and didn't have the time to compare hotels in the area. This hotel was the most affordable in the area and I wasn't sure what we were going to get, but we were very pleasantly surprised at how nice this hotel was. The room that we stayed in had two queen beds and was a little small but very clean and very comfortable! It had a fridge and coffee pot in the room. This hotel is very clean and well kept and there is dining across the street (Red Lobster) and a Bob Evans within walking distance on same side as the hotel. The hotel staff was very friendly and most accommodating. We didn't give it a 5 out of 5 because we didn't eat the breakfast and couldn't judge it but everything else was more than we expected and we will return if we ever are in the area again!!! In my opinion this hotel is very much worth the money and the extra 5 or 10 minute drive to the downtown area! The only thing that was a negative was the TV only told you what station you were watching, but there was no program guide to tell you what program was on that station.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Irene B
aarsales, Director of Sales at Ann Arbor Regent Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review. We hope your husbands medical procedure went well and he is fully recovered. We are happy to hear we exceeded your expectations as that is our goal and we hope next time you visit Ann Arbor you will stay with us again. Also, next time please enjoy our complimentary hot breakfast!

Reviewed 24 April 2012

I stayed here April 18-20, 2012 while in town for medical appointments. I have stayed at this hotel numerous times when I have had medical appointments at U-M. I like the location of the hospital, close to Ann Arbor and Ypsilanti. I really enjoy the friendly staff and they are willing to help out any way possible. When I came in for check-in, they remembered me from past stays. The staff said that my room was on the second floor but asked if I would rather be on the first. I told them yes as I do have a disability. The room that they assigned me was close to an exit so I could park very close to the entrance and my room. Every staff member that I encountered asked if I was okay and if I needed anything. I also want to give a shout out to Rosa in the breakfast area, she is always smiling and friendly no matter how busy she is. I will continue to stay here when I have future appointments in town. Thank you so much, AA Regent! All of you are fantastic!! I appreciate that you partner with U-M Med Inn!! The only suggestion that I continue to have is to have a non-slip mat or grip in the bath tub.

Room Tip: Be careful of the bathtub, there is not a mat or no-slip mat.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo

Thank you for always taking the time to write such nice reviews regarding the hotel and staff. We really enjoy you staying with us and look forward to your next stay. Also, next time you stay or make a reservation please let us know you would like a non-slip bath mat placed in the tub. We have them available upon request.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

My son and I stayed here last weekend while he attended Admitted Student day at U of M and it was great. About 3 miles from campus, but easy to drive it. Breakfast was fine. We enjoyed having Bob Evans and Reb Lobster within walking distance. Would definitely stay here again when visiting son at school next year.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
aarsales, Director of Sales at Ann Arbor Regent Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2012

Congratulations to your son being admitted into U of M and thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review. We are happy to hear you had a great stay with us and look forward to your visits next year!

Reviewed 19 April 2012

Stayed here with my son during a college visit trip to the University of Michigan. We stayed 1 night in a king suite, which had a king bed in one room (separated from the main room by French doors). There was a pull-out bed in the couch in the main room, which was largely comfortable. Staff were very friendly and helpful- they responded very quickly (5 minutes) when I called the front desk to ask for extra blankets to use on the pull-out bed. Flat screen TVs in both rooms. Bathroom was clean with no issues. Breakfast was included in our rate with multiple options at the buffet. This hotel is located on the east side of Ann Arbor close to US 23 and a short 10 minute drive to both the U-M central campus and Eastern Michigan/Ypsilanti. I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to review the hotel and our one bedroom suite. We hope you and your son enjoyed the college visit and hope to see you again soon.