“Very nice hotel in Ann Arbor”

Ann Arbor Regent Hotel & Suites
Ranked #3 of 34 Hotels in Ann Arbor
San Diego
“Very nice hotel in Ann Arbor”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2012

The hotel looked like it had been recently remodeled - well done. It was quiet, had a nice room, and good breakfast. Strongly recommend

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
, Director of Sales at Ann Arbor Regent Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 27 June 2012
Thank you for staying with us and writing a review about the hotel. We are very proud of the renovation the hotel completed!

Director of Sales

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Polish first
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2012

I stayed 2 days in Ann Arbor on 6/11-6/13. I have never stayed at this hotel although I have traveled several times to Ann Arbor. I got a great rate for less than 100 dollars per night. I'm fairly fussy about the hotels I stay in, especially being a woman traveling alone. The staff was very friendly and accommodating, down to the ladies working the breakfast. I checked out of the hotel after my first night, but soon found out I needed to stay one more night. I immediately called the hotel and asked for my same room. They checked me back in and my room had been cleaned 3 hours after checking out.

Ann Arbor Regent has a charming indoor pool and a beautiful garden at he back of the property with chairs and tables and a gazebo. Its quiet back there and very inviting. There is a game room upstairs with a pool table and pub tables and chairs. It is extremely clean. The offer a hot breakfast in the morning with eggs, sausage, toast/ bagels, yogurt and cereal.

My room was clean and neat with a microwave and coffee maker. They offer coffee from a local coffee company in town, not the usual swill that most hotels offer, which was a nice change. The bathroom had granite counters, which I don't usually see in a hotel in this price range. The hotel also offers a shuttle over to the medical center.

I'll totally stay here again. I also noticed there was a Gardner working both days I was there. The flowers and gardens were well cared for and I didn't see any trash laying around outside. A level of attention I rarely see. Very good hotel.

• Stayed June 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review and we are glad to hear you had a nice stay with us. Also, very happy to hear you comment on our staff and the detail they put into the hotel and guest service each and everyday!

Frederick, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2012

This was our 4th stay at this hotel and I am always please with the clean rooms and the excellent hospitality and customer service. Beautiful indoor pool/hot tub and great free breakfast. This will be the only hotel for us when we visit Ann Arbor. It is very convenient to U of M

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
aarsales, Director of Sales at Ann Arbor Regent Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 10 June 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review about the hotel and staff. Also, thank you for continuously selecting the Ann Arbor Regent when visiting the Ann Arbor Area. We enjoy having you stay with us!

Wyoming, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2012

Stayed here May,2012. Have all positive things to say. Clean facility, pleasant helpful staff, hot breakfast and beautiful pool/hot tub. Very convenient to U of M hospital and clinics. Would stay here again and highly recommend this hotel. When coming from out of town and not sure where to stay, this was exactly what we were looking for with reasonable rates.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
aarsales, Director of Sales at Ann Arbor Regent Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 4 June 2012
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review about your great experience. You explained one of our taglines...The Perfect Hotel At The Perfect Price! We hope you stay with us again.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2012

2012 Memorial Day weekend was our first time to visit Anna Arbor, MI. My aunt was hospitalized at the University of Michigan Medical center. This hospital had a Patient and Visitor Accommodations Program. They gave us a list of preferred hotels in the area which offered shuttle services to and from the hospital. This program also offered pre-negotiated and discounted hotel rates. Ann Arbor Regent ranked #2 in Travel Advisor and was also in the preferred list of the program. Our reservations were done by the hospital program and I made the best decision for choosing the Ann Arbor Regent.

We left Virginia late Friday night (Memorial Day weekend) and arrived at Ann Arbor Regent before 9:00 am. We went straight to the hotel and fortunately the Front Desk Personnel, Anthony was there to assist us. We asked him check in time and he told us it was at 3:00 pm. We told him that we have been traveling for more than 10 hours and asked him what time we could check in early. He said that he would do it now for us. We were so delighted and grateful for his hospitable act. He even offered us to have breakfast that morning. Ann Arbor Regent offered continental breakfast which also included hot food - eggs, potatoes and sausage. They offered BearClaw Gourmet coffee 24 hours a day at the breakfast area. This hotel is truly a jewel and a blessing for us. The shuttle service of the hotel to the University of Michigan Medical center runs from 10:00 am to 8:00 pm. The drivers were efficient and very accommodating.

Overall, we had a very pleasant stay at the Ann Arbor Regent and we will definitely recommend this hotel to all travelers.

Room Tip: Stay in the second floor to minimal noise.
2 Thank Washdc_mom1085
We are sorry to hear the reason behind your travels to Ann Arbor and we hope your aunt is recovering. Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review and for letting us know your positive feedback regarding our staff. Thank you for staying with us!

Sugarcreek, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2012

From the taste of the breakfast food, the quality of the spoons,knives, forks, and drink cups everything is just a step above the quality at comparable priced chain hotels. Rooms are clean, good mattresses, nice sized clean bathroom. The staff is well trained to address the small problems that may come along. I would stay here again.

1 Thank EatYourVeggies
Thank you for staying with us a taking the time to write such a nice review. We look forward to having you stay with us again while visiting the Ann Arbor Area!

Philadelphia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

This is actually a pretty nice hotel. It's clean and the people at the front desk are helpful. It's an okay value and breakfast is halfway decent, but the coffee is cold and awful. I have stayed here 3-4 times, but after my last stay, I will not return. During our last visit we stayed 4 nights and we were in town for Michigan's Commencement Ceremonies. The hotel was packed. On the last day we stayed we left our room around noon and my husband ushered in the housekeeper to straighten the room. We returned at about 8:30 at night and to my shock and horror, our door was open. Clearly the cleaning staff had left the door ajar and neglected to close it. Our room had several computers, additional electronics and some inexpensive, yet irreplaceable and sentimental jewelry. Very fortunately, nothing was taken. I let the front desk know and I was super nice about it even though I had every right to be freaking out since a member of their staff had seriously compromised our safety as well as the security of all our belongings. Honestly, the person at the front desk was not a bit apologetic and just said they were really busy that day and that kind of stuff just happens. I never heard a peep from management or housekeeping. I will be back to Ann Arbor, but NO WAY back to this hotel.

Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank mei2828
aarsales, General Manager at Ann Arbor Regent Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 14 May 2012
I agree, a room should never be compromised to security breeches. This is a very serious matter that addressed with the housekeeper immediately. Again, I apologize for our error but you probably know that since you spoke with a manager the next day.

As for the coffee, we are very proud to offer a local, very well liked company, Bear Claw Coffee. We are the only hotel to use a local brewer with such a high reputation in the area. I am sorry it was not up to your standards but we do receive multiple compliments. We are also the only local hotel to use 100% fresh squeezed orange juice during in our breakfast.

I am always willing to hear suggestions and feedback on how we are able to improve and again, I am sorry we compromised your security.

DeWayne Grann