“not much you can say negative about this place at all!”

Ann Arbor Regent Hotel & Suites
Ranked #3 of 34 Hotels in Ann Arbor
syracuse
“not much you can say negative about this place at all!”
Reviewed 18 July 2012

I stayed here initially last summer, although did not do a review at the time. I found that the Regent has not lost its excellent rating with me. The place is immaculate, from lobby, to pool to rooms. Carpeting is very clean, bedding is clean, towels, although clean, are a little rough (why do they have 3ply toilet paper but such thin towels?). You could eat off the bathroom floor. It is one of the few hotels where I would walk around with bare feet - and that goes for the pool as well.
Room a/c worked great, which was especially good in the 102 degree weather! I didn't venture out to the garden area, but it would be lovely in cooler weather. The pool is small but nice (again, very clean). Hot tub is outstanding. The room has a nice size refrigerator and microwave, plus coffee maker. Breakfast in the AM was standard but better than "continental". Never had to wait for a table.
My room had a queen bed and sofa bed. I originally booked a larger room (the one bedroom) but downsized when my husband couldn't come with me. Tip: if you book well in advance, check rates on line closer to your date - the rate for the one bedroom was cheaper than when I booked it.
There are plenty of places to eat in the area, and if you don't like to eat out, there is a Whole Foods within a mile or so to get salads,sandwiches, etc.
Overall, a great stay and I already have made future reservations.

Room Tip: the rooms that overlook the pool area smell a little of chlorine (probably thru the AC) so ask for a...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
aarsales, Director of Sales at Ann Arbor Regent Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 25 July 2012
Thank you for staying with us again and reviewing the hotel after this last stay. We always enjoy our returning guests and we are glad to hear a year later you still give us an excellent review. We are excited to have you already reserved for a future stay!

Aaron Taylor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Polish first
Pettisville, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 18 July 2012

Thank you to Aaron, front desk staff and housekeeping for a wonderful stay! We brought a varsity volleyball team to the U of M team camp and stayed 2 nights. The front desk and housekeeping staff were very friendly and accomodating. The breakfast area was a little cramped for space but the food was good. The girls enjoyed the pool area and enjoyed the spacious rooms with mini-fridge and microwave. We have been going to this camp for the past 4-5 years and this is the first time we have stayed at this hotel. We have stayed in different hotels each time. This is one that we will definitely book again. GREAT service, GREAT staff and GREAT hotel overall.

Again, thanks to all!

Room Tip: We booked the girls in queen/queen rooms which gave them plenty of space. We booked ourselves in a...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Hi Rachel,

Thank you for staying with us and for the excellent feedback. I'm glad everyone enjoyed the hotel and the staff. I know the the team was a little worried due to past stays in Ann Arbor which even made you come tour the hotel before staying with us. We can't wait to have you back again and thank you for staying with us!

Lake Ann, Michigan
Reviewed 18 July 2012

This is quite possibly the cleanest hotel I have ever been in. When you add to that the extremely friendly staff, the lovely pool and garden area and the free hot breakfast, it equals our new favorite place to stay when we visit this area. The only fault I could find with this hotel is that the tile in the pool area is VERY slippery when wet. Otherwise, we were very impressed and we will definitely be back!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
We are glad you found us also and thank you for writing such a nice review! We are always happy to hear excellent feedback regarding our staff and cleanliness of the hotel. Thank you again for staying with us and look forward to having you back.

Saint Charles, Illinois
Reviewed 17 July 2012

I had a last second business trip to Ann Arbor, the meetings were to be held at the Ann Arbor Courtyard but their rooms were booked so I stayed at the Regent for two nights and I was pretty impressed with the place.

The rooms were modern and very clean, no complaints there. The gal that took care of our room did a great job, I totally forgot her name but she left notes each morning to let us know she'd been there. Good touch! I like my room super cold when I sleep (wife hates this) so I blasted the AC unit all night and it ran smooth and quiet. I've had a lot of issues with them making rattling and other noises before so this was very much appreciated.

The facility is well kept. They have a billiards room upstairs near the workout center. The pool area was very nice as well and offered a good view of the nicely gardened courtyard.

The hot breakfast that is included was pretty decent, eggs, sausage, etc. all tasted good on par with IHOP but hey it's free.

I would stay here again when I'm back in Ann Arbor.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for staying with us and trying a locally owned independent hotel. We really enjoy when our guests "break free from the chains" (chain hotels that is) and try our hotel. We take the time to listen to our guests and provide them with an exceptional hotel and staff at a better value than the national chains. So thank you for staying with us and we are happy to hear you will stay with us again while visiting Ann Arbor!

Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed 17 July 2012

The rooms in the hotel are just like the pictures on their website and I agree with the major points that travelers have made in the past. The hotel has the structure of a Quality Inn or some other motel / small hotel but looks much more like an upscale hotel. They have nice carpeting and furniture, Jack Vettriano paintings that are framed throughout hallways, a lovely pool / fossball area, a small fitness center, clean rooms, and so on.

The location is your usual 'traveler's location' - off a major street, near a highway, and in a street with other smaller hotels, a Red Lobster, and so on. Not really a walking area but fine if you have a car, especially since it is close to downtown Ann Arbor (about 10 minutes by car).

The breakfast could use a slight improvement with a few more healthy options and the area is somewhat too small for the hotel when it is really busy, which it was when we were staying there. But those are really minor complaints in an overall great experience. We would definitely stay there again, especially for the great price that we had gotten.

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet room away from the elevators and got one in the '4' wing with a view to...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for such a nice review and for staying with us while in the Ann Arbor Area. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and noticed our upscale amenities and decor. With the recent requests for an improved breakfast selection and rotating breakfast selection we are currently adding new items and rotating selections daily. Our healthy items include whole fruit, yogurt, healthy cereal options and oatmeal. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon!

ontario
Reviewed 16 July 2012

We stayed in this hotel in July of this year. We stayed in a one bedroom suite. The suite was a good size. It consisted of a pull out couch and one king size bed. The room itself was spacious enough and quiet.
The room rate came with Breakfast, which was good. The coffee, which I believe is local, is fantastic.
So, why not the excellent rating? Well, the pool was closed, which I understand can be uncontrollable. I asked for a crib (Pack'n'Play) and was charged $7. I know that is not a lot but of money but I am already paying a good amount to stay at this hotel on a Monday in Ann Arbor, not new York or Chicago. So the $7 kind of rubbed me the wrong way.

But overall a good stay.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write a review about your last stay at The Regent. We are glad you enjoyed our one-bedroom suite which is our largest room in the hotel and is a great value for the Ann Arbor Area. We are sorry for the inconvenience of the pool being closed due to an unfortunate guest accident. We did work quickly to have it back open and safe for our guest in less than 24 hours. Glad to hear you enjoyed our locally bought Bear Claw coffee! We hope to have you stay with us again.

Dundas, Canada
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Staff was helpful--even a little too friendly at times. Rooms were clean, solid and pleasant. Pool looked delightful, unfortunately I didn't have time to use it. The conference facilities were fabulous and very functional. I did skip on the breakfast--just need a little more protein but ate at Bob Evans right next door. This is a good work hotel and very pleasant.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
, Director of Sales at Ann Arbor Regent Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 13 July 2012
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to review both the hotel and the new conference center. We are pleased to hear our staff was helpful and the conference room was very functional. We hope you stay with us again soon!

Director of Sales