“A Real Gem, and Priced at the Low End”

Ranked #3 of 34 Hotels in Ann Arbor
Indianapolis, Indiana
“A Real Gem, and Priced at the Low End”
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Such a pleasant time, quiet, clean and inexpensive. How do you get all of these together at the same time. We stayed in room 2100 and found everything, room, restaurant, and pool area to be clean, neat and comfortable. We will sure this one again when we are in the area. By the way, room 2100 is on the first floor and just 6 steps from an outside entrance. Really good for carrying things in and out.

Room Tip: Try Room 2100. Just off the main hall, quiet, and yet close to an outside door for easy in and out.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank DSStephens
aarsales, Director of Sales at Ann Arbor Regent Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write such a nice review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and we would agree it is a real gem! Not only is it a gem of a hotel to stay but also to work at. Thank you again and we hope to have you stay with us again soon.

Aaron Taylor
Director of Sales

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Polish first
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed 24 December 2013

My family and I needed a place to stay for the night while visiting family. I decided to book a room at the Regent because of how many good reviews I read. I was as satisfied as the other customers who had stayed here. The room was very nice, the people at the front desk were helpful, and we all slept very well. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank azemmie
David L, Manager at Ann Arbor Regent Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 28 December 2013
Hello and thank you so much for taking the time to contribute your experience on TripAdvisor! The personal experience of previous guest's is always an excellent method of selecting a hotel, which is why we pride ourselves on our consistently high marks.
We are so pleased to hear your stay with us was a good one! I look forward to welcoming you back, please feel free to call on us for any of your needs. Thank you again and have a wonderful New Year!
Kind regards,
Wakefield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 December 2013

Stayed here for two nights in September 2013.

We had a really nice stay. Most rooms are on the ground floor. There are lots of facilities and the garden is really nice, as is the pool.

The breakfast was ok. You help yourself, not much selection and some of the pancakes were a bit artificial. But you dont always get breakfast with hotels so it is much better than nothing. Quite a few places to eat on the road it is located on and close to the highway, though I did not hear any highway noise.

I would stay again if I was in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank brown9952173
David L, Manager at Ann Arbor Regent Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
Good day!
We at the Ann Arbor Regent are so grateful you took the opportunity to review your stay with us, your feedback is invaluable! I am happy to hear we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.
The Regent has rooms equally spread between the first and second floor and we do our best to offer each guest their preference of floors. I hope we were able to do that for you. And thank you for pointing out the peacefulness of the hotel! Many people think it will be noisy, being located so convenient to thoroughfares, and are pleasantly surprised when they don't hear a sound!
We again thank you for your kind review & look forward to your return visit. Happy Holidays!
Reviewed 8 December 2013

This hotel does not show up in the AAA book, but I'm not sure why. It is very comparable to Hampton Inns that I have stayed in.
We had a handicapped room. The room itself was a little cozy (but would have been difficult with a wheelchair). The room was clean and neat. The bathroom was spacious and had multiple safety bars in the shower. The heating/cooling unit kept the room comfortable and white noise from the fan muted any hall noises (I personally like the white noise from heating units when traveling)
The free breakfast was good - the eggs & meat were warm and not dried out, waffles, cereals, various fruits and juices, yogurt, and coffee. The woman who ran the area was attentive and efficient, making sure everything was replenished in a timely manner. The only negative regarding breakfast was that there were not enough tables at peak times.
The hotel has a pool and other amenities, but I did not avail myself of them so cannot report on them.
Although not in Ann Arbor proper, it is a short (10-15 min) drive to the downtown area. There are several malls in the immediate area for shopping, and it is easy access to roads in and out of town
I would recommend this place and would stay here again if I am in the area.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Tracy31748
David L, Manager at Ann Arbor Regent Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Hello Tracy!
We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at the Ann Arbor Regent! Rosa (the breakfast person you spoke of) is a shining star for us, thank you so much for noticing and commenting on what a great job she does.
I am glad you found our location convenient to all of the local attractions (downtown, malls & restaurants); we feel we are in an ideal location! On behalf of all of the staff, we would like to thank you for your detailed and positive review. We hope you will visit us again soon, Happy Holidays!
Ann Arbor
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Hotel was quite quiet. The suite was beautiful and perfect for my family, providing privacy when needed. Extremely clean, very helpful staff, and basic but good continental breakfast. Pool area was a beautiful get-a-way and so clean with extra pool towels provided!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Amy D
David L, Manager at Ann Arbor Regent Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Hello and thank you for your review!

The Ann Arbor Regent and myself are so grateful you have taken the time to share your experience with the TripAdvisor community. Your comments are so kind and we feel proud to have exceeded your expectations. After all, anticipating and exceeding the expectations of our guests is our mission statement.
Again, thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay! We look forward to welcoming you back to the Ann Arbor Regent and wish you Happy Holidays!

Plainfield, Illinois
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I truly enjoyed my stay here! I was in Michigan for a college visit at Eastern Michigan University and I am very happy I chose to stay at the Ann Arbor Regent Hotel & Suites. The hotel staff was very helpful, the room was clean, and there is a continental breakfast with the hotel purchase! The hotel was well worth the price. :)

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Nicole S
David L, Manager at Ann Arbor Regent Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Hello!
We are very happy to hear your stay was pleasant! I agree, our staff is amazing! And of course we are very proud of all of the comments we receive regarding what a great job housekeeping does with keeping our new property looking spotless.

Thank you for mentioning the value! The Ann Arbor Regent strives to provide all of the luxuries of a four-star hotel, without needing to charge an arm OR a leg! We feel you get more than you pay for! Thank you again, we look forward to welcoming you back.

Best regards,
Los Angeles
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I had two items of jewelry go missing while I was staying at this hotel. When I called the hotel, I was directed to call housekeeping. I called them three times, leaving a message each time. They never had the decency to return my call. Otherwise, it was fine.

Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
aarsales, Director of Sales at Ann Arbor Regent Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Dear CassieLA,

Please contact DeWayne Grann our general manager directly regarding this review and items lost. We are confused that you would leave such a negative review on a stay that you said was fine almost a year ago (December 2012) but had jewelry go missing during your stay? If you had jewelry go missing during your stay I can ensure you the management would of resolved the issue. From what it sounds like you might of left jewelry behind and called our housekeeping department regarding lost and found after your stay with us. If that is the case I can also ensure you our housekeeping manager would of returned any messages left. Please feel free to contact us directly regarding this review at 800-973-6101.

Aaron Taylor