Hampton Inn Ann Arbor-South
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Courtyard Ann Arbor(Ann Arbor)
View Hotel
Fairfield Inn Ann Arbor(Ann Arbor)
View Hotel
All reviewsfront deskroom was cleancomplimentary breakfastthe hotel staffa great place to staystate streetother hotelsbriarwood mallfitness centerthree nightsbusiness tripnice stayfresh fruitfootball weekendmichiganuniversityinterstate
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 June 2012

This is your reliable, run-of-the-mill Hampton Inn. In the elevator, there is a picture of 2 children on a bed that states that "the Hampton Inn cleans all sheets and duvet covers between guests." Well, good for them, as I didn't consider dirty sheets in my room as an option, had they? So they have these basics in place, anyhow. The breakfast area is way too small, and very crowded. The internet, although free, is slow. They have only 1 desktop in the "business center" that stopped working due to "too many people using the internet at once" (desk clerk).

They swiped an old credit card of mine, but checked me in anyhow. The next day, I was unable to enter my room. Luckily a staff member who recognized me let me in. I called down to the front desk to ask why, and the clerk said that "you must have had your room key near credit cards so it's not working." Later on, I went to the front desk for a replacement. Now, very loudly, in front of several people in a wedding party, it was announced in the very small lobby that "your card was rejected." I was told that the desk clerk who registered me in had been "reprimanded" for registering me in with a nonworking credit card. However, no one had thought to let me know, either by leaving a note, or flagging this when I called down. Instead they waited to thoroughly embarrass me in the lobby. I gave them another credit card, and life went on, but they lacked skills in that regard. They need more computers, better internet, and to invest some money in expanding the breakfast space. The place was teeming with visiotrs, from figure skaters at 6 am to a wedding party later on. I think they can afford to refurbish so one is not practically sitting on top of the skaters when they load up on breakfast early!

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Travel L
Reviewed 4 June 2012

This was my third stay at this hotel. The first two times they were in the midst of renovations, so I let some stuff slide. Also, I thought it was just coincidence that the first two times the place was running over with very exhuberant children. I just completed my third and last stay there. The renovations are nice, but they STILL have hundreds of children running around. That particular hotel must be where all the kids stay when participating in area tournaments, contests and whatever. There is no way anyone can enjoy the pool or the hot tub while a "gabillion" children are running all over and screaming.

That said, the property is well kept and the staff are very helpful. However, the Hampton Inn North is a much better property.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Lynn J
Reviewed 26 April 2012

We were in Ann Arbor to attend the spring game at U of M and visit family. We were pleasantly surprised at how nice the hotel was - the decor was updated and the staff was very friendly. Yes, the rooms were small but decorated very well, and they were also very clean. The beds were very comfy and cozy. We spent time in the pool with the kids and that was a lot of fun. The only thing that could be improved in the pool area would be more chairs/tables so you could set your stuff down without it getting wet.
We definitely will be staying at this hotel again next time we are in Ann Arbor!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 March 2012

This is a standard Hampton Inn but there's nothing wrong with that! Staff was friendly and accommodating, hotel is in an office park location (near a lot of other hotels, too) and is nice and quiet. Room was small but classic Hampton Inn, perfectly fine. Stayed in a room with two double beds. Only wish there had been a fridge! I would certainly stay here again for another trip to Ann Arbor.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 March 2012

My husband and I stayed at this property for a weekend getaway in Ann Arbor. The hotel was conveniently located near the highway and not far from downtown Ann Arbor, the U of Michigan, and attractions like Zingerman's. The property was clean, and the furniture was updated and modern.

However, this Hampton Inn was simply a standard hotel and nothing special. The room was very small--not a huge deal for us but might be for some people--but we were impressed with how the furnishings tried to make the most of the space, even in the bathroom. We were also struck by how easy it was to hear noise in other rooms and in the hallway. We didn't complain because we knew there wasn't anything anyone could do; our neighbors weren't trying to be loud, but the walls were very thin.

Breakfast was a standard deluxe buffet, and the breakfast area was very crowded. We ended up taking our food upstairs, which was a challenge without a tray.

Unfortunately, the pool was also closed during our stay, which was disappointing since we specifically booked a property with an indoor pool.

I don't want to say that this is a terrible property, especially since the hotel's flaws are beyond anyone's control. Service was outstanding, but the noise is certainly a factor that will keep us away in the future. Anyone looking for a standard, no frills hotel that "does the job" won't be disappointed. Others who might appreciate more space and a quiet environment should look elsewhere.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple