“Nice Hampton Inn”

Hampton Inn Ann Arbor-South
Ranked #11 of 35 Hotels in Ann Arbor
Reviewed 22 October 2012

I know I always say this about Hampton Inn's...but it's an expected stay: clean hotel/friendly front desk/good breakfast...clean room...everything works....that's why I like Hampton Inn. It's also why I stay at them as much as I can (plus the Hilton HHonors points)! This hotel was in a good location (near to I-94 and a mall and local area restaurants)...but off the main street so a quiet location near other hotels. The only complaint I had about my room...was the "closet" was hard to hang stuff up in...and it was small. Instead of hanging stuff side-to-side/left-to-right... stuff went in the closet on a single-bar FRONT-to-BACK...so it made it hard to get stuff out...but I was only there for 3 nights so it was not awful...I was just thinking that if I was there for a longer time - would be hard to keep more clothes in the closet. I still liked the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 21 October 2012

I'm a Hilton Honors Gold member, always upgraded if rooms are available. This hotel was certainly not full, and if my room was an upgraded room, that is most disappointing. Small room, no fridge, only about 25 channels on the TV, remote control acts up and is due for replacement, no restaurant at or near the hotel, lots of static on the telephone, snack-water (Honors Gold freebies) not waiting for me in my room, etc. I could go on but won't. The staff was courteous, the room was clean and the bed was fine -- as is the case in all Hampton Inns. But this was a tired hotel, indeed perhaps the most modest Hampton Inn I've stayed in of the 15-odd HI's I've been to in 2012.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
MichelleMcclintockGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ann Arbor-South, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2012

Thank you for your review. We certainly work hard to create a great experience for each of our guests by providing the basics like a clean, fresh smelling room and friendly staff. I apologize that our bathrooms didn't provide you with a more spacious counter top which is certainly valuable feedback that I will note. And Yes, Michigan Football fills the Ann Arbor area rather quickly 6-7 weekends every fall. The next time you are in the area, please consider staying with us again as we loved having you!

Reviewed 19 October 2012 via mobile

This is a standard Hampton inn. Clean, decent rooms, good location. I was staying here on business. Breakfast ok. Staff were courteous. What more is there to say?

Why do I have to write 200 characters for a review?

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 6 October 2012

My wife and I stayed here for 9 days while visiting family in the area. We couldn't have been more pleased. All of the staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel was clean and the staff was constantly keeping it that way. The breakfast was great. We will stay here again when we come back. Moderate prices,clean,great staff,good breakfast. If you're looking to stay in the area this is the place.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
MichelleMcclintockGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ann Arbor-South, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2012

Thank you so much for your kind comments concerning the staff as they take great pride in providing a clean and friendly environment! We look forward to your next visit to Ann Arbor!

Reviewed 12 September 2012

The hotel management and staff excel in their service, friendliness, and attention to their clients. The free, warm breakfast is superb. The cleanliness of the hotel is above and beyond the expected. The location is convenient to the downtown and campus area of the University of Michigan. I would highly recommend this Hampton locale.

Roger E. Mayerson
Morristown, N. J.

Room Tip: All rooms are good.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you so much for your kind comments as I certainly will share them with all of my staff members. Lucie and Kay will be very happy to hear that you throughly enjoyed the breakfast buffet that they take such pride in delivering hot and fresh food!

Reviewed 5 September 2012

Sticky carpets,mediocre rooms, wifi out of order. Should've stayed at the Sheraton. I've stayed here before, and keep thinking its got to get better. So far, no luck. This is definitely one of the weaker members of the Hilton family.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 2 September 2012

After reading other reviews, I can't believe they are being fair. This hotel was NOT old and dated - quite the opposite. The halls, common areas and breakfast area were all spotless, clean and updated. Our room was very comfortable, clean and had lots of space for clothes. The TV was HD and the shower was fabulous. Front desk was very nice and the breakfast was very good, especially considering that it came with the room! The wifi was quick and easy to connect to. My husband and I have been to Ann Arbor five times and this was our favorite - even way above The Dahlman Inn. I immediately put my name on the waiting list for Parents Weekend at the college - I don't ever want to stay anywhere else when I come to town! Crawfords give it an enthusiastic two thumbs up!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family