“Clean hotel with friendly staff near University of Michigan”

Hampton Inn Ann Arbor-South
Ranked #11 of 34 Hotels in Ann Arbor
New York City, New York
“Clean hotel with friendly staff near University of Michigan”
Reviewed 12 November 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for parents weekend and were pleasantly surprised. Despite the fact that the hotel was full, the service was very friendly and accommodating. The rooms are clean, on the small side, but wifi is free and so is breakfast. I would definitely recommend it for a short stay.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank John L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Korean first
Reviewed 11 November 2012

We don't like the idea of spending $200 for a Hampton Inn but that being said it is a relative bargain for a football weekend. We have stayed at other Ann Arbor hotels and this one was the cleanest and least beat up of all of them. They also have great cancellation policies. The rooms look like they have been recently renovated. The hot tub was broken which was a disappointment. All and all it is a good place to stay.

• Stayed November 2012
irvine, ca
Reviewed 9 November 2012

Stayed here for a water polo tournament at U of Michigan. Nothing fancy, but clean rooms. A bit on the small side. Breakfast is nothing special but good enough if you don't need a hot breakfast. Close to the school and the freeway.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
New Jersey
Reviewed 25 October 2012

We stayed during the very busy weekend of the Michigan vs Michigan State game - the hotel was full and pricey for a Hampton Inn. We were welcomed by very friendly front desk staff and everyone we dealt with was accommodating and ready to make our stay comfortable. The room was fine, the noise in the very full hotel was loud on Saturday night (after the game) but Friday was quiet. Housekeeping in our room was not the best, tissue box was empty and toilet paper roll almost empty and not replaced. My review would have been worse, if not for the welcome we got at check in and the hospitality shown at every turn by the front desk staff. Parking is free and plentiful. First impressions go a long way and the manager of the Hampton Inn South Ann Arbor obviously knows this.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
West Jordan
Reviewed 22 October 2012

I know I always say this about Hampton Inn's...but it's an expected stay: clean hotel/friendly front desk/good breakfast...clean room...everything works....that's why I like Hampton Inn. It's also why I stay at them as much as I can (plus the Hilton HHonors points)! This hotel was in a good location (near to I-94 and a mall and local area restaurants)...but off the main street so a quiet location near other hotels. The only complaint I had about my room...was the "closet" was hard to hang stuff up in...and it was small. Instead of hanging stuff side-to-side/left-to-right... stuff went in the closet on a single-bar FRONT-to-BACK...so it made it hard to get stuff out...but I was only there for 3 nights so it was not awful...I was just thinking that if I was there for a longer time - would be hard to keep more clothes in the closet. I still liked the hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
North Potomac, Maryland
Reviewed 21 October 2012

I'm a Hilton Honors Gold member, always upgraded if rooms are available. This hotel was certainly not full, and if my room was an upgraded room, that is most disappointing. Small room, no fridge, only about 25 channels on the TV, remote control acts up and is due for replacement, no restaurant at or near the hotel, lots of static on the telephone, snack-water (Honors Gold freebies) not waiting for me in my room, etc. I could go on but won't. The staff was courteous, the room was clean and the bed was fine -- as is the case in all Hampton Inns. But this was a tired hotel, indeed perhaps the most modest Hampton Inn I've stayed in of the 15-odd HI's I've been to in 2012.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
MichelleMcclintockGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ann Arbor-South, responded to this review, 17 December 2012
Thank you for your review. We certainly work hard to create a great experience for each of our guests by providing the basics like a clean, fresh smelling room and friendly staff. I apologize that our bathrooms didn't provide you with a more spacious counter top which is certainly valuable feedback that I will note. And Yes, Michigan Football fills the Ann Arbor area rather quickly 6-7 weekends every fall. The next time you are in the area, please consider staying with us again as we loved having you!
Reviewed 19 October 2012 via mobile

This is a standard Hampton inn. Clean, decent rooms, good location. I was staying here on business. Breakfast ok. Staff were courteous. What more is there to say?

Why do I have to write 200 characters for a review?

• Stayed October 2012