“Clean Room - Comforable Bed - Would Stay Again” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn Ann Arbor-South

Hampton Inn Ann Arbor-South
Ranked #10 of 34 Hotels in Ann Arbor
Columbus, Ohio
“Clean Room - Comforable Bed - Would Stay Again”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013

Convenient location - close to The University of Michigan, downtown Ann Arbor, and close to Detroit/Dearborn, etc since it is right off of the highway. Good for business or family travelers.

Friendly front desk, clean room / bathroom, and quiet. Would stay there again when in the area. Is exactly what I expect out of a Hampton Inn.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Korean first
Marietta, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2013

In spite of my frequent stays at this facility, this time was awful - due entirely to a mattress that had long outlived it's product life. Other than that the location is very convenient for my business needs and the staff is as attentive as can be reasonably expected.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

This was a very short trip and everything was what I expect from a Hampton property. In the morning, I was a bit clumsy and spilt coffee on my work attire. Asher, at the front desk, saw me do this and gave me a dress shirt from his car that he said doesn't quite fit him anyways. He gave me his home address incase I felt the need to return it. This is probably the most kind and above and beyond service I have ever received from anyone at a hotel. It was completely unexpected. If I'm ever in Ann Arbor again, I will stay at this Hampton.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Kalamazoo, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2013

We had multiple rooms in our group and many had to change. Hotel was full, so some rooms had to be used due to unavailability of other rooms. Rooms had wet carpet, beds that were not on bed frames properly, chlorine in pool was extremely high and food was awful.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

MichelleMcclintockGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ann Arbor-South, responded to this review, 21 August 2013
Hello,

I am so sorry for the issues that you encountered at our hotel. We strive everyday to exceed guests expectation, so on times like these we are left feeling awful. Please be assured that we take our comments in investigate thoroughly as comments like these only make us stronger. I do know that our professional carpet cleaners were in that week cleaning carpet, so I do apologize that the carpets weren't dry upon your arrival. I ask that you please try us again in the future as we do strive for customer satisfaction and know that next time we will do just that!

Michelle McClintock
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2013

The whole staff greeted me with smiling faces each and every day. Monequa especially went out of her way to engage me in conversation every day and even delivered stuff to my room when I called the desk. It really felt like home.

• Stayed June 2013
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2013

This was our first visit to this Hampton Inn. True to the franchise, it was clean, comfortable and in a great location. We checked in close to dinner time, got a great restaurant recommendation from the receptionist, had dinner, went to bed and headed out in the am. A baseball team was staying in the hotel (younger crowd) and the clerk assured us that they would make sure they did not get rowdy or noisy in the hallways since we were dead tired. Either the kids were a great bunch of kids or the clerks did as they said, but we sure got a good nights sleep.
I felt very safe in the hotel and would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Denton, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013

Our first experience with Hampton A2 South: Was very good, clean, comfortable, excellent location. Good coffee, breakfast variety.
Elevator is next to hotel laundry made that awkward, just poor design.
Asked for a chair for our room and got an argument from the desk clerk; that was the only negative in our week long stay.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family