“Small beds, but everything else was great.”

Hampton Inn Ann Arbor-South
Ranked #12 of 35 Hotels in Ann Arbor
A TripAdvisor Member
“Small beds, but everything else was great.”
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Quick and friendly arrival and check-out. Good breakfast. Clean hotel. Just small beds. I'm sure other rooms have bigger beds, so I wouldn't hesitate on staying here again...would just ensure the bed was at least a Queen.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Korean first
Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

Average Hampton Inn, the room and bathroom was a bit more on the smaller side than some newer locations I've stayed at. The staff was super friendly! The dining area could use some updating to make it a little more cozy though.

There was a mall and plenty of options for dining nearby.

Stayed January 2014
MichelleMcclintockGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ann Arbor-South, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Hello,

Thank you for your kind comments concerning the staff here at the Hampton Inn Ann Arbor South. I love to hear that they are friendly and accommodating! I am also happy to say that our hotel will be going under outside renovations here in the next few months (needs to get a bit warmer outside first!) but once it is done it will be beautiful. I invite you back in early summer to see the transformation.

Guelph, Canada
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Hampton Inn is the first hotel that has actually used its 100% satisfaction guarantee. I have a gluten allergy and when the hotel could not provide the food it had said it would provide, they used their guarantee and did not charge us for the stay. In addition, the staff was friendly and helpful and did not make us beg for satisfaction. Thanks for a great stay!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your comments concerning your stay with us. I will be looking into the breakfast issues with my vendor to ensure we have options for our gluten free guests - I understand food allergies and having healthy options for all of our guests is very important. I am happy that my staff issued you the 100% Satisfaction Guarantee and that you left the hotel happy. Please contact me directly if you have additional thoughts or comments as I would enjoy hearing how other breakfast options would have made your stay perfect. Hope you visit us again!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 26 December 2013

The staff makes up for any short-falls in accomadations at this Hilton Inn. For brief, business stays this is a great, no frills place. For more family, leisure visits I would recommend another hotel with working, updated ammenities.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your comments concerning the hotel and especially the kind words about the friendliness of the staff. All comments are posted on our back wall for everyone to see and I know that the staff loves to see how they have been doing. Our pool and spa are in the midst of being renovated, so any past issues will be resolved here shortly and the area will be beautiful. If you had any other issues not related to our pool area, I ask that you call me directly so I can ensure all issues have been addressed appropriately.

Thank you again for visiting the Hampton Inn Ann Arbor South - we certainly enjoyed having you!

Indiana
Reviewed 8 December 2013

This Hampton Inn, located on the south side of Ann Arbor is always a great place to stay. The staff is helpful and the rooms are always clean and well cared for. The breakfast is normal for Hampton Inn, including fresh fruit, a hot breakfast entree, yogurt, hot cereal and a variety of breads, boiled eggs and waffles. Always plenty of coffee and cookies later in the day.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank Indianatravelers098
Illinois
Reviewed 7 December 2013

This hotel has been the biggest headache of the 6 I booked.
1st it was Tara, then Doug, then someone else taking my reservations for the
skating team.... only to find out with month before our arrival date, half the parents
did not have reservations.... why??
When we arrived, we got checked in, and to my surprise, the staff seems mostly college age.
Does this mean they are working for low wage? putting 2 and 2 together....
The bed has a sign on it that tells us the sheets are fresh and clean... what else are they suppose to be?
The room is average, 2 small double beds, old flat TV. The sink is in the bathroom, so usage is limited to one. Can't have one kid take shower, and other brush teeth... no liking that feature.
The breakfast experience was terrible.
We brought 2 teams, there were another 2 skating teams along with another hockey team staying for the weekend.
For breakfast, it is a little nook area with food, 10 people can be served at once.
The lady in charge, Miranda, was busting her butt... another co-worker called-in sick...
Felt bad for her... so I asked Miranda why isn't one of the 2 registration clerks helping you out...
Miranda was serving over 30 people, registration desk had 1 customer...
This is typical hotel mismanagement... 2 fancy pants guys staying away from dirty work.
If there is a deficiency, it needs to be addressed, and it was addressed during our breakfast.
On another negative side, the hotel ran out of paper plates for breakfast by 7:30AM, it closes at 10AM. SERIOUSLY? Who is in charge of this hotel.. You have over 75 families coming for the weekend, and you are short staffed and short on supplies. Not going back there again....

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank R G
Stockbridge, Massachusetts
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Every request was met above and beyond what was asked for. A great stay. Hotel was clean; employees seemed to enjoy working there. Breakfast was typical; enough to eat, enough variety. Laundry facility was a nice plus.