“hampton”

Ranked #13 of 35 Hotels in Ann Arbor
Portland, United States
“hampton”
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Overall very nice experience. Its an older Hampton, but the upkeep and renovations of the rooms makes it feel newer. It was clean, comfy and nice breakfast area. Wish the indoor pool was working at the time of my stay...but oh well... Gym looked nice, didn't get the chance to use it.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

MichelleMcclintockGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ann Arbor-South, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
I am glad you experienced a nice stay! But I am so sorry that our pool was down during our renovation process. It should be up and running here shortly, so I hope you get a chance to come back and visit us again soon. I would also like to say that our hallways are currently being renovated which look beautiful and shortly our outside will be getting a face lift as well!

Michelle

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Korean first
New Albany, United States
Reviewed 20 January 2014

The cleanliness in the bathroom was horrible. The pillows on the bed were terrible which after 02:00, I couldn't sleep because of discomfort. I am not the type of person that complains but this Hampton was dirty. I am a Honors member and always stay at Hampton Inn's on business but for the money I paid, it was nasty and not comfortable!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Herbert H
I am so sorry to hear about the cleanliness of your guest room. Please contact me directly at 734-665-5000 so we can make it right! I appreciate your comments as this goes directly to the staff to read to ensure we improve in every aspect of our guests stay.

Michelle McClintock
Saint Charles, Illinois
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Good service, clean rooms and comfortable beds. My heating unit worked fine, but was noisy. Also, other guests were loud at 2 am, but I didn't report the problem. More glutern-free breakfast items would be nice. The eggs and sausage were a bit bland.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank t46821
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Quick and friendly arrival and check-out. Good breakfast. Clean hotel. Just small beds. I'm sure other rooms have bigger beds, so I wouldn't hesitate on staying here again...would just ensure the bed was at least a Queen.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

Average Hampton Inn, the room and bathroom was a bit more on the smaller side than some newer locations I've stayed at. The staff was super friendly! The dining area could use some updating to make it a little more cozy though.

There was a mall and plenty of options for dining nearby.

Stayed January 2014
MichelleMcclintockGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ann Arbor-South, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Hello,

Thank you for your kind comments concerning the staff here at the Hampton Inn Ann Arbor South. I love to hear that they are friendly and accommodating! I am also happy to say that our hotel will be going under outside renovations here in the next few months (needs to get a bit warmer outside first!) but once it is done it will be beautiful. I invite you back in early summer to see the transformation.

Guelph, Canada
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Hampton Inn is the first hotel that has actually used its 100% satisfaction guarantee. I have a gluten allergy and when the hotel could not provide the food it had said it would provide, they used their guarantee and did not charge us for the stay. In addition, the staff was friendly and helpful and did not make us beg for satisfaction. Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your comments concerning your stay with us. I will be looking into the breakfast issues with my vendor to ensure we have options for our gluten free guests - I understand food allergies and having healthy options for all of our guests is very important. I am happy that my staff issued you the 100% Satisfaction Guarantee and that you left the hotel happy. Please contact me directly if you have additional thoughts or comments as I would enjoy hearing how other breakfast options would have made your stay perfect. Hope you visit us again!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 26 December 2013

The staff makes up for any short-falls in accomadations at this Hilton Inn. For brief, business stays this is a great, no frills place. For more family, leisure visits I would recommend another hotel with working, updated ammenities.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your comments concerning the hotel and especially the kind words about the friendliness of the staff. All comments are posted on our back wall for everyone to see and I know that the staff loves to see how they have been doing. Our pool and spa are in the midst of being renovated, so any past issues will be resolved here shortly and the area will be beautiful. If you had any other issues not related to our pool area, I ask that you call me directly so I can ensure all issues have been addressed appropriately.

Thank you again for visiting the Hampton Inn Ann Arbor South - we certainly enjoyed having you!