“Hampton Inn South, Ann Arbor MI, USA”

Hampton Inn Ann Arbor-South
Ranked #12 of 35 Hotels in Ann Arbor
Ames, IA, United States
“Hampton Inn South, Ann Arbor MI, USA”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

The hotel is very easy to get to, right off I-94. There was a large mall within about 4 blocks of the hotel. The hotel staff was very helpful and friendly, check-in was a breeze with my Hilton Honors number. I was attending the wedding of my nephew and there were several families at the hotel. Check-out was very simple, I had a very nice stay without issue.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

MichelleMcclintockGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ann Arbor-South, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Hello,

I hope you had a great time at your nephews wedding – it is always a great time when families stay together to celebrate a new beginning! I am glad to hear check in and checkout was a breeze – my gentlemen at the front desk never cease to amaze me as they continue to strive for the next level everyday they work. Hopefully you had time to visit downtown Ann Arbor, but if not you will have to plan another visit. The boutique shops are really cute!

Michelle

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Korean first
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I've been staying at this hotel for years but not by my choice. My company has an incredible rate which necessitates my stay here. To begin, the wifi is not so good; it seems to be based on the number of users at the time to determine the speed and efficiency. Secondly, the breakfast is really bad; hardly edible, especially the eggs and meat. Also, the rooms are very small which makes it difficult if you're staying for an extended period of time.

On the positive, this hotel has a deal with the local fitness center down the street which is really excellent. Also, this hotel is conveniently located down the street from the university and is next to the interstate which is nice.

Overall for the price, this is an average hotel experience. You could do worse but you could do a whole lot better as well.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank jazsacher
Hello,

Thank you for bringing to my attention that the internet is not so quick. Last year we upgraded our bandwidth and I haven't heard to many complaints since. Sounds like I need to address this issue as I understand how important internet is too many of our guests. Please feel free to contact me the next time you are in town as I would love to meet you and try and address all of your issues that you have encountered. I would love for this to be your choice in lodging and not becuase your company has a great rate with us. My number is 734-665-5000.

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed during the NHL Winter Classic (Go Wings!), which would be a test of any hotel. It was packed. Yet, the staff responded - they were great: friendly, fast and showing their A-game. The property is next to the upscale Briarwood Mall, so you have a lot of restaurant and shopping choices nearby. It's a short ride to downtown Ann Arbor and the University of Michigan stadium. It is my understanding that during football season, you can catch a shuttle from the mall.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your comments! That was a wonderful weekend and Ann Arbor downtown was just beautiful with the light dusting of snow. We enjoyed hosting this event and look forward to many more events being hosted at the Big House. When the hotel is full during our special event weekends - my staff gets really excited for the challenge. You are correct concerning the shuttle to and from the stadium during football games. Last year the cost was $3.00 for a round trip and can be bought right at the front desk. Hope you can come back for another visit real soon.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

I rarely complain about a hotel but they did two things that compelled me to give them two stars:

1. This one is trivial but it always is a pet peeve - I hung my towel up to be eco, yet they still replaced it both days

2. They are doing construction. They weren't supposed to be working on Sunday, as per the signs, but they were still out there working. Upon walking out the side entrance, a man 30 feet up in the air spilled plaster on me as I walked out the door. It wasn't like I got slimed, but it was enough to get my clothes dirty, and imagine if they dropped something sharp. The exit should have been closed off by the hotel

The room itself was completely fine and the staff was friendly. Free breakfast looked good but we got there too late.

I'd say don't go here while they are renovating for your own safety

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you so much for your recent review of our hotel during your stay in Ann Arbor. I addressed your comment with our housekeeping staff concerning your towel being removed – as it is our standard to leave the towels that are hung up exactly where the guest left it. I also apologize that the hotel painters came during a Saturday that management was not made aware of – as we certainly would have had the entrance closed off like we had done a few weeks ago when they replaced our roof. Everyone’s safety is one of our top priories. Our renovations are almost complete. They will be working on our landscaping next which should only last a few more weeks. Thank you for your comments concerning the staff and hopefully you will give us another try soon as the painting will be completed this week!

indianapolis
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I can't say enough about how friendly, helpful, and efficient the staff is at this hotel. The rooms are extremely clean and beautiful, with a wonderful work desk and lots of storage available. We stayed with our son's entire baseball team along with several other teams and there was never any problems. No complaints!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you Thank you!! My staff thrives to hear these kinds of comments. We post every trip advisor comment up on our back board so everyone can hear the good and bad, but when the staff has had a successful weekend – like when the baseball teams were with us – the staff gets really proud! Hope you can plan another visit back to Ann Arbor.

Columbus, OH, United States
Reviewed 10 July 2014

The staff is great and very helpful. Couldn't ask for a nicer group of people. During their renovation, the work crews were very accommodating and respectful of your privacy. I would recommend Hampton to anyone looking for a value.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thanks so much for your comments. I love hearing about how my staff takes care of our guests. They are great people just being themselves! We hope to see you again soon!

Cincinnati, OH
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Hotel located just off I-94 a couple miles south of University of Michigan main campus, in a corporate business district. Wendy's and BDubs within walking distance. Rooms on the small side, but clean and comfortable for three adults. Employees provided extra good service.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your review! We appreciate hearing our guests comments. The mall is right across State Street which also provides dining experiences and word around Ann Arbor is that hopefully a sky bridge will be installed providing a safe walk experience.