“Clean, comfortable, friendly service in a friendly town” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn Ann Arbor - North

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hampton Inn Ann Arbor - North
Ranked #8 of 34 Hotels in Ann Arbor
Washington State
“Clean, comfortable, friendly service in a friendly town”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2011

I joined my husband on his business trip here. We stayed in room 403 and it was quiet and comfortable. Housekeeping does a good job, and the front desk is friendly and accommodating. There's a shuttle to take you anywhere you'd like to go in town at your convenience, and while I didn't use the fitness center or pool, they both looked clean and quite nice. If you're looking for a less expensive choice, check this place out!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
JennaSmithGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ann Arbor - North, responded to this review, 23 August 2011
Thank you for your feedback! I will make sure to pass your comments along to all of the departments to let them know what a great job they did during your stay. We appreciate your business!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Turkish first
Amherstburg, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2011

Tiles in bathroom not secure. Carpet needs to be replaced. Over priced by comparison to other lodgings we've stayed at.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your comments. The good news it that all carpet has been replaced in the guest rooms. We have also looked into the tile in your bathroom and have had that replaced since your stay. I do see we issued you the 100% guarantee since you were not completely satisfied with your stay. We hope you will consider us again for future stays to Ann Arbor.
Muncie, Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2011

My husband and I have been long time fans of Hampton Inns. They (generally) give us a great experience for a decent price.
First of all, I feel like this Hampton was a bit overpriced. Now, here's our "list."
1. The first room we were sent to was filthy. I mean, bed in disarray, towels wadded up, trash on the floor. And on the dresser, there was an apology note from the staff to the last visitor. Not a good sign. So we called down and a member of the staff brought us up another key card.
2. We open the next room to find that the room has 2 double beds, not the king size bed we paid for. My husband calls down and is informed that their computer doesn't say king size (then why oh why did the first room have a king bed?) Like the "boy scout" couple we are, I whip out our Hampton conformation that specifies "KING" on it. So they find us a king room.
3. A king room, next to the elevator, with a view of a wall..
4. Our hair dryer lit up like a Christmas tree while I was using it our first morning there, smoked and blew. Awesome! So I call down and I did receive sympathy from the staff and was quite promptly brought a new dryer. (I barely had time to hang up the phone.)
5. The room was not cleaned most of the nights there. Towels left on the floor, no replenishment of our products. (Coffee, cups, soap, toilet paper.)

With all this in mind, when we got back the first thing I did was compose a letter to the Hampton Inn and within 2 days I received an e-mail back from the manager of the Ann Arbor North Hampton Inn. She expressed her apologies and DID refund one night of our stay.
I will definitely continue to use Hampton Inns, but when we make a return trip to Ann Arbor, I believe we shall find another place to stay.

Room Tip: Bring your confirmation with you!
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank hulmerishere
JennaSmithGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ann Arbor - North, responded to this review, 2 August 2011
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of these items that caused you to have an unpleasant stay. I will continue to look further into the matter to assure these items are corrected for any future guests at our hotel. We do honor our 100% guarantee for any guests that are not satisfied, and we hope you will give us a second chance if you are in the Ann Arbor area again.
Belleair, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2011

This is a no frills lodging option near the University of Michigan and Dominos Farms. I seem to stay here a few times a year, my most recent being July 2011 as well as my first time to review the property. The room is very quiet, and so this is a good place to stay after a long day of business travel. My room this time had a switch labeled "mood" that lit up an architectural feature in the room, which I used as my night light. The room was a bit worn (needs updating). The bathrooms here are small, and the sink/cabinetry is in the corner. I didn't notice the door having too wide of a gap at the bottom, but I was surprised to find my bill and newspaper shoved under it in to the room. The front desk staff is always very efficient and happy. The breakfast area has standard fare (make your own waffles, fruit, coffee....), but the seating area is busy and full.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank SuzanneManhattan
Thank for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. The good news it that we recently completed updates in all guest rooms include carpeting, sofas, side chairs, and desk chairs. Hopefully this will give the rooms the updated look you are looking for during your next visit! Please feel free to contact me directly if there are any other items you see that need attention.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2011

The bed were comfortable! The bathroom were not the best. There was hair in the shower. No drinking glass! There was to noise! Very quiet! Pool was great!

• Stayed July 2011
      Location
      Rooms
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
We appreciate you taking the time to send over your comments. I will make sure to look into the bathroom items you have mentioned to assure these issues are not repeated. We hope to see you back at our hotel if you are in the area again, please feel free to contact me directly prior to your next vision and we will see you are well taken care of!
Grand Rapids
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2011

On check in, the staff was very friendly. Gave us our room key and off we went up to our room. When using our room key, it opened the door, but the room was occupied by another couple. Which totally freaked all of us out. Just something you don't expect. Returned down to the front desk, he gave us another room. Which that room ended up being fine, booked a room for 4 people. The new room had one king bed and a pull out sofa. Went down to the front desk and asked for 2 queen beds, (like our first room had) and he told me no, that he couldn't do that. Which was disappointing and the pull out sofa was not very comfortable, but the other bed was very comfortable.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank shuttermother
Thank you for proving us with your feedback on your 2010 stay. We are continuously working to improve all areas of customer service at our hotel and this gives us a great area to focus on. We do guarantee room types for all reservations booked directly, if you plan to return to the area please email me at jsmith@fhginc.com or you are welcome to call the hotel directly and we will make sure your accommodations are exactly what you expect.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2011

Stayed at this hotel while attending a basketball tournament. The staff (Denise Warwick) and others were FANTASTIC. Although there were renovations on the place was still above average. Nice pool and the rooms were great.

I would definitely recommend this place to stay.

Bonus is the attached restaurant. Although quite busy (because of basketball) and finding a table for 22 was challenging.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank RickToronto_Canada
JennaSmithGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ann Arbor - North, responded to this review, 15 June 2011
Thank you for recognizing Denise for all of her hard work, she does a great job taking care of all of our groups. I will make sure to pass along your compliments to her and we hope to see you next year!