“Old”

Ranked #9 of 34 Hotels in Ann Arbor
NC
“Old”
Reviewed 3 October 2013

I was disappointed in this Hampton inn. Usually, I can count on Hampton to be clean and modern. This was old. Ceilings in the halls are low and carpet is wrinkled as though it was poorly put down. Rooms are small and bathroom is odd. Bathroom is in the front corner and there is no counter space. The doors are hard to open both into theroom I had and into the bathroom. Staff is very nice and knowledgeable about the area and restaurants. Applebee's is literally attached to the hotel and that is convenient, but I would not stay here again. Also, I thought it was way overpriced.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Alec R, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Ann Arbor - North, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Thank you for the feedback. I want to personally apologize that your experience with us wasn't up to par with other Hamptons. I will make sure to pass your review along to the appropriate department in regards to future renovations. However, I am glad to see that you found the staff knowledgeable and that you enjoyed the convenience of our partnership with Applebee's. I will be sure to share this with my staff. If you need anything from us, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 2 October 2013

This is a nice Hampton Inn. The hotel is convenient to US 23,I-94,etc.The staff was friendly and pleasant. The room was very nice. It was larger than most Hanpton Inns. The rate was very reasonable. I would return here again.

John,

Thank you for the great TripAdvisor review. I appreciate when our guests take the time to provide us with feedback as it helps us to serve our guests better. I look forward to seeing you in the future,if you need anything from us, let me know! Thanks again!
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We have been staying at the Hampton Inn North in Ann Arbor every time we visit. This has been the case since 1998 when our son started college at UMich. We have always found the hotel to be exceptional. If there is a problem, it is immediately fixed. We recently stayed there for four nights and found the new management team and staff to be absolutely first class. Stay and you will see the difference. And the cookies are great, too!

Room Tip: Fourth floor is very nice and quiet.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
I am delighted to here that you enjoyed your experience with us! I am even more delighted to hear you have been staying with us since 1998. Next time you visit us if you need anything, let me know. I would be glad to assist. I'll be sure to share your comments with my staff as well. Again, thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. See you next time!
Canada, Kentucky
Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

Recently stayed here for a youth tournament in the area. Staff was so friendly and helpful, rooms and hotel were spotless. Our entire team enjoyed stating here. Hope to visit again if in the area. Keep up the great work staff!

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for the awesome review. I will be sure to share this with my staff. I hope we have the pleasure of booking your team in the future. If you need anything from us in the future, don't hesitate to ask!
Ann Arbor, United States
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Cleanest hotel I have stayed in. Staff is wonderful and very helpful. Would recommend this hotel if you are in the area. Pool is a bit chilly, but also very clean. Breakfast is also very good and offers a lot of options.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Linda,

Thank you for taking the time to write about us on TripAdvisor. I love when guest write about us on TripAdvisor as it always gives us ways to improve ourselves. I will make sure to pass along these comments to my staff. I hope to have the pleasure of being your hotel of choice next time you come to the area. Thanks again!
Oakville Ontario
Reviewed 28 September 2013

We stayed at the Hampton Inn in Ann Arbor north for one night while visiting a craft show in nearby Chelsea, and what a great stay. From the time we checked in the staff were so helpful and polite, excellent customer service and a credit to the Hotel and its Management. Other larger Hilton chain hotels could learn a lot from this location. If ever we have a need to visit Ann Arbor again we will make this Hampton our home away from home.

Room Tip: Just book at this hotel all rooms are great and so is the service
Robert,

Thank you very much for the wonderful review. I appreciate the time you took to do this for us. These kinds of comments are very uplifting to the staff and I will be sure to share with them. I am glad we were able to exceed your expectations and I hope we have the pleasure of being your hotel of choice in the future. Next time you stay with us, let me know if I can get you anything. Again, thank you very much!
Chelsea, Vermont, United States
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Has all the usual Hampton characteristics. Solid, dependable, no frills. Good location back away from the main road so it's quieter than some. Breakfast is enough to get you going - they do have granola, which a lot of Hamptons don't offer. Exercise room is quite small but good enough if you get there early. Internet service was dependable, though not the fastest - still good enough for a VPN.

Andrew,

Thank you for the kind review. I'm glad you were pleased with our accommodations. In the future I would like to invite you to take advantage of our partnership with Anytime Fitness across the street. They offer a full-service facility available 24/7-free to our guests. I hope to see you in the future. Until then, if you need anything, let me know. Thanks again!