“TOP NOTCH”

Ranked #9 of 35 Hotels in Ann Arbor
Defiance, Ohio
“TOP NOTCH”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Very nice hotel,better than expected.Room problem taken care of immediately after checking in.Staff was very friendly and helpful. Only down thing was brown bag breakfast but that would be expected since had to leave before 6AM to get to hospital on time.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Alec R, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Ann Arbor - North, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Dusterman460,

Thanks for taking the time to write about us on TripAdvisor. I'm glad you were surprised by the experience you had with us. I will be sure to pass these comments along to my staff as they love receiving feedback from our guests.If you need anything else or wish to speak with me, don't hesitate to contact the hotel directly.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Turkish first
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 23 October 2013

This hotel was perfect for my recent stay to Ann Arbor. It was very convenient to the freeway,business areas,restaurants,etc. The room was very spacious and comfortable. The bed was very comfortable. The rate was reasonable. The staff was friendly. The check-in and check-out process was flawless. I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Jeff, Thanks for taking the time to write about us on TripAdvisor. We sincerely appreciate it. I am delighted to find that you found our accommodations pleasing and that we were conveniently located for you. If your plans bring you to the Ann Arbor area again, please keep us in mind. Again, thanks for writing about us!
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We really enjoyed our stay. The room was very well appointed and clean overall. The location was very convenient to several Ann Arbor landmarks, shopping and dining options as well as major thoroughfares (i.e. M-14, Plymouth Road, US 23). The staff was very friendly, patient and accommodating. The only negative things to note are the following: Hampton Inn's tendency to store their towels under the sink and next to the toilet in open shelving, less-than-luxurious towel texture and paucity of outlet accessibility next to the bed (near the nightstand).

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Alec R, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Ann Arbor - North, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Bonsoir206,

Thanks for taking the time to write about us on TripAdvisor. I am elated that you found our staff and accommodations pleasing and will be sure to pass along your comments to them. I will also make sure to pass along your suggestion regarding towels and power outlets near the bed. If you have any other concerns or any future need for a hotel in Ann Arbor, please don't hesitate to contact me. Again, thanks for providing us feedback as it helps us improve your experience.
Wheaton, Il
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Nice, well maintained, spotlessly clean hotel, great location, easy parking, comfortable beds, friendly staff, good value for the price. Nice breakfast and free coffee in lobby all day. Getting downtown to restaurants etc is a quick drive. In fact, we found getting to just about everything seemed easier from this location than from hotels at the south end of town, seemed less congested. We could hear some highway noise from our room facing the back of the hotel but it was not too bad. For us, really only 2 negatives: not enough seating at breakfast (although we noticed a conference room across the hall that may have been available for overflow), and there is no hot tub in the pool area, an expected amenity that would be appreciated after long days visiting A2.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Lee Y, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ann Arbor - North, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
JGCF Family,

We are pleased to hear that you had a great experience with us. Our staff is always willing to help out family when they come visit us. I'm sorry about your morning experience with us during breakfast, and yes, the other room was our breakast overflow room, available to all our guests in the morning. I do apologize about the hot tub as we had to remove it due to new laws. We are at a convenient location, and will always be here for your next visit when you're back in town. Thank you for choosing us.
Bowling Green, Ohio
Reviewed 10 October 2013

We were in Ann Arbor for an autumn weekend to hear a concert in Hill Auditorium on Friday night and then enjoy a canoe trip on the Huron River on Saturday morning. The stay at the Hampton Inn was a good one. The location is convenient and the room was clean and comfortable for a family of four. The staff is quite personable. The breakfast had many good choices, as we've come to expect at Hampton Inns, but the dining area was way too small. This was the only shortcoming of the stay that we experienced, and I would hope that the hotel could enlarge this area or come up with other options. People were tripping over each other to get breakfast and there was very limited seating. We ended up carrying breakfast upstairs, even though there were no trays to be found.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Alec R, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Ann Arbor - North, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Mark,
Thank you for providing us with some feedback on our TripAdvisor page. I am thrilled you enjoyed your experience with us and look forward to being able to host you again in the future. I've shared your comments with my staff and I am always looking for ways to improve the breakfast set-up. Again, thanks for staying with us and I appreciate your feedback.If you need anything from us in the future, please give us a call.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 4 October 2013

I have never stayed at a Hampton Inn before, but I was traveling with my 2 dogs and followed the advice on TripAdvisor's reviews. I couldn't have been happier. We were given a room on the first floor near the exit that would be convenient to walk the dogs without disturbing the other guests. The room was clean and spacious and the wireless internet and business center and breakfast (think homemade waffles) were all free. Clean, crisp, white cotton duvet covers were on the beds, just like you would find in a boutique hotel. The staff welcomed me and my pets and treated us as old friends. We were greeted by name each time they saw us. They anticipated our every need. I can't ever remember another time that I have known and remembered the names of the front desk staff at a hotel chain! They made us really feel at home.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for the great review! I'm thrilled you found our accommodations pleasing and I hope we can continue to serve you in the future. Many of our employees here love dogs so when we see them we make sure to treat just just like everyone else. If you need anything from us in the future, please let me know! Again, thanks for staying with us and thank you for the awesome feedback.
NC
Reviewed 3 October 2013

I was disappointed in this Hampton inn. Usually, I can count on Hampton to be clean and modern. This was old. Ceilings in the halls are low and carpet is wrinkled as though it was poorly put down. Rooms are small and bathroom is odd. Bathroom is in the front corner and there is no counter space. The doors are hard to open both into theroom I had and into the bathroom. Staff is very nice and knowledgeable about the area and restaurants. Applebee's is literally attached to the hotel and that is convenient, but I would not stay here again. Also, I thought it was way overpriced.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for the feedback. I want to personally apologize that your experience with us wasn't up to par with other Hamptons. I will make sure to pass your review along to the appropriate department in regards to future renovations. However, I am glad to see that you found the staff knowledgeable and that you enjoyed the convenience of our partnership with Applebee's. I will be sure to share this with my staff. If you need anything from us, please don't hesitate to contact us.