“Great Stay”

Ranked #9 of 35 Hotels in Ann Arbor
Windsor, Canada
“Great Stay”
Reviewed 22 December 2013

I stayed at this hotel because I was taking a class in town. I wasn't in the hotel long but overall it was great. Did not experience any issues. The breakfast was good enough to be continental and it did the job. Rooms are clean and service was great. Had someone call my room to make sure everything was ok.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Alec R, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Ann Arbor - North, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Jeff,

Thanks for taking the time to write in about us on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your experience with us. If your plans bring you back to Ann Arbor, please keep us in mind.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Turkish first
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 6 December 2013

The hotel is convenient and nice, but still needs a lot of improvement in the comfort area. The pillows were too soft for me I tried 2 and 3 pillows, couldn't have a restful sleep at all. Also, the sounds from your neighbors is a little bit annoying but not that uncomfortable if you were blessed with a polite one. While anything near the room's door will be almost as if the door was open, as you will hear everything. The staff were great though!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Alec R, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Ann Arbor - North, responded to this review, 22 December 2013
Emad,

Thanks for writing about us on a TripAdvisor! I do want to apologize that you found the room to be uncomfortable and noisy. This is not something we want our guests to experience. Moving forward, I will take your comments to thought so that we are able to better ourselves for the future. Thanks again for the feedback and if you happen to be in the area again, please keep us in mind.
calumet
Reviewed 2 December 2013

This hotel delivered on all accounts. The convenient location close to UM and the medical centers was important to us. The breakfast was excellent and we appreciated the newspapers, coffee, tea and hot chocolate available all day long. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Our children loved the pool, the internet worked great, and the price was reasonable. We give an excellent rating for this and as the service and friendliness of the staff made our stay a great one.

Room Tip: We asked for and received a room on the first floor close to the pool.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
JIm,

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent experience with us! I'm glad you enjoyed our amenities and that your found our location to be convenient for you. I'll be sure to pass these comments along to the rest of my team as we strive to make this your home away from home. Keep us in mind next time you're in the area!
Grand Rapids, United States
Reviewed 2 December 2013

This hotel is clean, affordable and convenient to stay at. But, its the people who work at the hotel that make it amazing. I left my one night stay saying this was the friendliest hotel I have ever stayed at. The people made it a very enjoyable experience.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends

Kathy,

Thank you for taking the time to write about us on TripAdvisor! We appreciate it! I'm delighted to hear you found our staff to be amazing and friendly. Treating our guests like family is a priority for us. I'll be sure to pass along your comments to the rest of the team. Thanks again!
chicago, illinois
Reviewed 27 November 2013

We've stayed at Hampton Inns around the country, and this is one of the less appealing hotels. Even though it's not that old, it conveys the feeling of being a worn property. The bed was a bit lumpy; the bathroom had awful lighting, was small, and was uninviting. Shortly after arriving, someone came into our room without knocking or announcing themselves- or tried to. Good thing we had the chain on the door to keep them from fully entering. When we told the front desk, they (the desk attendant and the night manager) just shrugged and said that it must have been maintenance. So disturbing! For the price, the hotel is just not a good value.
The coffee/tea bar open 24 hours at the front door was a nice touch, but generally the eating area and even the coffee bar are not as nice as in other Hampton Inns. The area is small and quite close to the front door - cold in the winter!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Alec R, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Ann Arbor - North, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
I wish to take this opportunity to thank you for staying at our hotel and for sharing your concerns. Our management and staff appreciate and rely on our guests’ feedback to help us understand the areas which may need our immediate attention. We are fully aware that guests who stay at our hotel expect and deserve the very best accommodations and service we have to offer. I appreciate the time you took out of your busy schedule to share your feedback with us and we can assure you the specific matters you mentioned in your review will be addressed so that these same issues can be avoided in the future. We sincerely hope that you will come back and stay with us again in the not too distant future and let us know if we have successfully improved upon our services. Please let me know if their is anything else I can assist you with.
Ann Arbor, United States
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Unfriendly Front Desk staff Outdated hotel and room decor Daily housekeeping of room was not performed everyday. Overall experience was unpleasant and would not recommend or stay again, especially for the HHonours rate I received for $150/night to receive double the points.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Alec R, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Ann Arbor - North, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I understand that you were not completely satisfied and do apologize for the housekeeping problems you experienced. Unclean rooms and bathrooms are not typical at our hotel and we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We will make every effort to ensure our rooms meet the highest housekeeping standards and that our guests are 100% satisfied with their stay. I addition I am very sorry if you found our front desk staff to be unfriendly. I sincerely apologize and assure you that your experience does not reflect the level of standards we strive to provide all our guests. Again, I sincerely apologize if you went through any inconveniences and I hope that next time you are in town, you give us another opportunity to provide you with the exceptional service you deserve. Thank you once again for your comments.
Hinsdale, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Nothing special, but definitely clean and comfortable. I would recommend this to anyone staying in the Ann Arbor area. I have stayed here many times on business and the front desk staff is always friendly. The breakfast area is very nice and was just remodeled as well.

Over all a nice hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Alec R, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Ann Arbor - North, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
Mickey,

Thanks for writing about us on TripAdvisor. I'm glad you enjoyed your experience with us. If your plans bring you to Ann Arbor again, please keep us in mind!