“One of the best hotels I have stayed at.”

Hampton Inn Ann Arbor - North
Ranked #9 of 35 Hotels in Ann Arbor
Reviewed 30 December 2013

This hotel was fantastic. Everyone was courteous and helpful, the room was very comfortable, and the breakfast was delicious and served a large variety of items that could accomodate most diet types. They had meat and eggs for carb controlled diets that are rarely found at other hotels. And although they have a pool the odor of chlorine was not noticable at all.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Alec R, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Ann Arbor - North, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Jim,

Thanks for taking the time to write in about us on TripAdvisor. I am glad you enjoyed your experience and that you found out breakfast options to be accommodating. I will be sure to pass your comments along to my team. If you need a place to stay in the future, please keep us in mind.

Reviewed 27 December 2013

Mediocre at best, they tried to revamp it but you can see the remains of an OLD outdated hotel. The fitted sheets do not fit the bed which is very annoying, though the bed is comfortable. Sticky bed table and questionable bathroom cleaning.

Room Tip: smoking in room will cost you 250.00 per room!!!!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Annie,

Thank you for providing us with feedback via TripAdvisor. I do apologize your experience wasn't the greatest with us. I assure you this is not the type of experience we want to create for out guests. If you wish to speak more about your issues, please reach out to me by contacting the hotel. Again, thank you for the feedback.

Reviewed 22 December 2013

The front desk and drivers are very customer service oriented and helpful. They are courteous and friendly in their greeting and try to resolve any issues/problems. The manager, Lee, went above and beyond in offering her help to make our stay more pleasant. We were there for work and the staff made the stay pleasant. The hot breakfast was also good and the chocolate cookies in the evenings were welcoming. The only non-complimentary comment I would say was that the housekeeper came late in the evening (16:30) and when I asked her to come back in 15 minutes, she stated she was off work in 15 minutes yet when I left my room, she was cleaning another room and was probably there longer.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write in about us on TripAdvisor. I am glad to hear that you found Lee helpful and that you enjoyed your overall experience. I have taken note about the housekeeping issue and will be sure to pass it along to that department. If your plans bring you to Ann Arbor again, please keep us in mind.

Reviewed 22 December 2013

This is one of the better hotels in Ann Arbor. The rooms are comfortable enough (although bathrooms are small and somewhat awkward), the breakfast is good, and the front desk staff are very nice, friendly and helpful. We have actually stayed here three time over the past year.
However, recently, we were recently there after some snowfall, and we overheard a woman in the breakfast area complaining that she nearly fell, in the driveway of the hotel. Then, a little while later, sure enough, my husband did fall on his back on the cobblestoned driveway area in front of the hotel. Thankfully, he was more embarrassed than seriously hurt. We have been married for over 25 years, and he's never fallen before, so it's not like he's accident prone. There have been other times as well, that we felt there was inadequate attention paid to the snow/ice conditions in their lot and driveway area. I am writing this review because I believe this is a nice hotel, but they need to work harder to avoid dangerous, slippery situations in the driveway area leading to the front door. I truly hope no one else has a fall. Thank you.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write in about us on TripAdvisor. I do apologize about the slippery drive and parking lot. The safety of our guests and employees is our number one priority and the condition of our parking lot did not reflect as such. I have addressed the issue with our snow removal company and the issue will not happen again. If your plans bring you back to the area, please keep us in mind. Again, thanks for the feedback.

Reviewed 22 December 2013

I stayed at this hotel because I was taking a class in town. I wasn't in the hotel long but overall it was great. Did not experience any issues. The breakfast was good enough to be continental and it did the job. Rooms are clean and service was great. Had someone call my room to make sure everything was ok.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Jeff,

Thanks for taking the time to write in about us on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your experience with us. If your plans bring you back to Ann Arbor, please keep us in mind.

Reviewed 6 December 2013

The hotel is convenient and nice, but still needs a lot of improvement in the comfort area. The pillows were too soft for me I tried 2 and 3 pillows, couldn't have a restful sleep at all. Also, the sounds from your neighbors is a little bit annoying but not that uncomfortable if you were blessed with a polite one. While anything near the room's door will be almost as if the door was open, as you will hear everything. The staff were great though!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Alec R, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Ann Arbor - North, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2013

Emad,

Thanks for writing about us on a TripAdvisor! I do want to apologize that you found the room to be uncomfortable and noisy. This is not something we want our guests to experience. Moving forward, I will take your comments to thought so that we are able to better ourselves for the future. Thanks again for the feedback and if you happen to be in the area again, please keep us in mind.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

This hotel delivered on all accounts. The convenient location close to UM and the medical centers was important to us. The breakfast was excellent and we appreciated the newspapers, coffee, tea and hot chocolate available all day long. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Our children loved the pool, the internet worked great, and the price was reasonable. We give an excellent rating for this and as the service and friendliness of the staff made our stay a great one.

Room Tip: We asked for and received a room on the first floor close to the pool.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

JIm,

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent experience with us! I'm glad you enjoyed our amenities and that your found our location to be convenient for you. I'll be sure to pass these comments along to the rest of my team as we strive to make this your home away from home. Keep us in mind next time you're in the area!