“Convenient”

Ranked #8 of 34 Hotels in Ann Arbor
Standish, United States
“Convenient”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

If you need a place to stay while doing medical business with the U of M Hospital, I would recommend this hotel.. They provide a shuttle service at no charge to and from the hospital that makes the stay more enjoyable. Definitely takes one stressful problem off the table. Plus, the Hampton is always a great place..

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Ryan B, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Ann Arbor - North, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Thank you, for choosing to stay with the Hampton Inn North, as we realize you have many lodging choices when visiting Ann Arbor. Our team is always working to improve our guest’s experience. It is feedback like yours that helps us to improve. We look forward to providing you with an even better experience during your next visit to the Ann Arbor area. Thank you and have a great day.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Turkish first
Sagamore Hills, Oh, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014

Staff was helpful and hotel was clean. Breakfast was hot and there was plenty of food for hotel guests. It snowed while we were there and the staff made sure that the parking lot and sidewalks were cleared. There were also several places to eat around the hotel. Rooms were spacious and we had plenty of room to move around. Good selection of TV channels.

Phoenix, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014

Selected primarily for location close to University of Michigan North Campus. Room was spacious and clean. Furnishings were decent. Linens and towels were low to moderate in quality, as might be expected from a hotel in this price range. Noise in the room was excessive. Could easily hear and understand conversations both in adjacent rooms and from the hallway. Bathroom sink and shower had low flow fixtures that were overly restrictive, making it difficult to get a good shower or rinse a toothbrush. Breakfast offering was of moderate quality, although the make-your-own waffles were nice. If you can get it at a bargain price, it's a great option. At regular price, there's nothing horribly wrong with it, but also nothing specially great to recommend it. I would not stay away in the future, but would also be equally willing to try somewhere else.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you, for choosing to stay with the Hampton Inn North, as we realize you have many lodging choices when visiting Ann Arbor. Our team is always working to improve our guest’s experience. It is feedback like yours that helps us to improve. I apologize that you were not overly impressed with our bathroom fixtures, bedroom furnishings, or breakfast. An experience such as this, is not the type we attempt to create for each of our guest. We look forward to providing you with an even better experience during your next visit to the Ann Arbor area. Thank you and have a great day.
Hudsonville, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014

I am a frequent visitor to Hampton, and a silver card holder. This is by far the dirtiest Hampton I've ever stayed in. I opened the door in the bathroom and behind the backside of the door there were wads of hair. I also found hair in the shower and there was even a long black hair in my bed when I pulled the sheets down. The hotel is very worn, and it shows in the rooms and the hallways. I also had my fitted sheet come off during the night, as other guests have complained about. I wouldn't stay here again even if the room was free. The towels in the pool area are also disgusting. My son went to grab a clean towel and there were nasty yellow stains all over it. Disgusting.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Mloughin1
Ryan B, Manager at Hampton Inn Ann Arbor - North, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
Hello,

i wanted to persoanlly thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recen visit to Ann Arbor. I also wanted to apologize to you for the issues you had with the cleanliness of our hotel. Please accept my sincerest apology for this mishap. That being said, please let me know if there is anything I can do for the inconvenience. We hope you will give us the opportunity to provide you with an excellent experience in the future, and show you that your experience with us is not a typical one. Feel free to contact me directly in regards to any questions, comments, or concerns you may have; thank you and have a great day

Ryan Byers

Guest Experience Manager
grand rapids mi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014

We stay in this hotel when we are in Ann Arbor visiting family. The staff is friendly and helpful and the rooms consistantly in great condition for a pleasant stay. The breakfast is just what we need... a good start for the day. There is an Applebys located right next to the hotel if one wants other meals or a late night snack.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Lee Y, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ann Arbor - North, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Thank you both for the comments. We always love to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us. We hope to welcome you both back soon.
Ft Myers, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014

This is a great Hampton, pet friendly and very close to US 23. Everything you would expect from a Hilton family hotel :). I would recommend this property to anyone travelin in this part of the state. Small and cozy. It also has a resturant (Applebees) attached.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Alec R, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Ann Arbor - North, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write in about your experience on TripAdvisor. I'm delighted to hear you enjoyed your experience. If your plans bring you to the area again, please keep us in mind.
Boston, MA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014

I usully prefer Hampton Inn's for their good prices and comforatble stay. However, I was not overly impressed with this location. As someone mentioned in another review, the fitted sheets were not fitted and did not fit the bed. Also, my biggest issue, the window in the room that I was in was not completely closed! The windows have not been redone from Hampton's takeover. They are old sliding glass windows that no longer open, but they are not completely sealed either! The window in my room was opened about an INCH with stuffing wedged in to keep the cold out... but it didn't work, and the draft coming in was so strong that the shaded was blowing in the breeze. I called the front desk to see if I could switch rooms. They were reluctant to help (despite the fact that the hotel wasn't full), and sent up maintenance. He improved it somewhat, but pushed the window was still cracked open with new stuffing. They tried to explain to me that Michigan is just cold... but I live in Boston, so I know cold, and that this wasn't acceptable. I visit Ann Arbor regularly and will not be coming back.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Alec R, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Ann Arbor - North, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Let me begin by thanking you for choosing our hotel and for you insightful review. I am so sorry that the window in your room did not close properly. I am both surprised and deeply disappointed by your recount of your experience with us and can assure you that it’s contrary to what our customers typically see from us. I apologize if this caused you inconveniences and I hope you give us another chance to serve you. Please know that we value your business and will work hard to earn your trust once again.