“Great place to stay!”

Ranked #9 of 34 Hotels in Ann Arbor
Chapel Hill, United States
“Great place to stay!”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I stayed at this hotel while visiting the University of Michigan - Ann Arbor and had a wonderful experience! My room was clean with an absolutely heavenly bed. The breakfast selection was pretty good for being free, and the free coffee and cookies offered throughout the day were a nice touch. The hotel staff was very prompt, friendly, and helpful. The fitness room is small with one treadmill and one elliptical, but they offer complimentary admission to a nearby gym if you need it. This Hampton definitely made for a comfortable and pleasant experience in Ann Arbor!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Lee Y, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ann Arbor - North, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Lauren,

I'm glad that you had a pleasant experience with us. It's great to hear that you loved our beds and our amenities. We hope to see you again soon when you visit the University again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Turkish first
Atlanta, United States
Reviewed 11 March 2014

While the hotel is obviously older and a little dated, the rooms and amenities are clean and comfortable. The plus is the overwhelmingly helpful staff, even with non-hotel related things. The overnight guy helped fix my laptop! Decent breakfast offerings and shuttle to campus make this a good option.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Bob S
Bob,

Our hotel may be old, but service is delivered to our guests. We appreciate your feedback and thank you for choosing us when you are in town.
Dundas, Minnesota
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Overall, a nice visit. Very nice room decor. The window shade was the only downside as it was very finicky. Staff was pleasant, though slow for checkout. There had two people behind the desk, and two people checking out (myself and one other person). For whatever reason, one employee thought she'd stand there and let the other check one person out while I waited. A little odd. I'd think two people could each check out a person and be done with it quicker.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Christopher A
Ryan B, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Ann Arbor - North, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Thank you, for choosing to stay with the Hampton Inn North, as we realize you have many lodging choices when visiting Ann Arbor. Our team is always working to improve our guest’s experience. It is feedback like yours that helps us to improve. I wanted to apologize to you for the issue you experienced during check-out. Please accept my sincerest apology for this mishap. If you are ever in the area again, I hope that you would choose to stay at our property. We look forward to providing you with an even better experience during your next visit to the Ann Arbor area. Thank you and have a great day.
Marion, United States
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Very clean and quiet hotel with great friendly service. The lobby, pool and fitness area were in great condition and clean. We would recommend staying at this hotel to anyone. Location is great with access to the expressway, stores, gas stations and restaurants.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Greg S
Thank you, for choosing to stay with the Hampton Inn North, as we realize you have many lodging choices when visiting Ann Arbor. Our team is always working to improve our guest’s experience. It is feedback like yours that helps us to improve. We look forward to providing you with an even better experience during your next visit to the Ann Arbor area. Thank you and have a great day.
Kildeer, United States
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Arrived late and without warning or choice was placed in a handicapped room. Furnishings were basic (bed and desk), gloomy, marginally clean with a free standing closed crammed with equipment and a hanging bar so low clothing dragged on the floor. I went to breakfast at 0700 but found most items in very short supply other than cold scrambled eggs.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Craig C
Ryan B, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Ann Arbor - North, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
I wanted to thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent visit to Ann Arbor, as we are aware that you have many lodging options. I wanted to apologize to you for the issues you had during your recent stay with us. Please accept my sincerest apology for this mishap. I am not sure why you were placed in a handicap room, but I can assure you that if you would have brought it to the attention of my staff, we would have had no problem with moving you to a room type that better accommodated your needs. Customer safety and satisfaction are our main concerns here at the Hampton Inn North, and I am very sorry that we did not succeed with our efforts during your experience. Problems such as these do not reflect the type of experience we try to create for each of our guests. That being said, I would like to offer you a complimentary night's stay at our property for the date of your choosing. We hope you will give us the opportunity to provide you with an excellent experience in the future, and show you that your last stay with us is not a typical one. Feel free to contact me directly in regards to any questions, comments, or concerns you may have; thank you and have a great day. Sincerely, Ryan Byers
Wixom, Michigan
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed for an overnight getaway on Valentine's day. The room was small but well furnished and clean. We got to enjoy the pool. They removed a Jacuzzi but there was evidence of it's previous existence (signs still posted). I don't know why it had been removed but, being such a cold evening, a soak would have been great. The breakfast was great. A little crowded in dining area (sports teams), and it was cold, but I can only blame Mother Nature for that. The same front desk associate was there at night and in the morning, and she was extremely pleasant and helpful when I approached her. She helped seal the deal on a great stay.

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank katie w
Katie,

I'm pleased to hear that you had a great night out. We did seal our hot tub about a year ago, I apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused. It's good to hear positive feedback on our associates serving our guests exceptionally well. We look forward to your next stay with us.
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed 21 February 2014

The hotel room was very nice and clean. The major issue we had was that when I was on the phone making my reservation I asked if there was a hot tub and was told yes when in fact there is not one. I spoke with the manager after we checked in and went down to the pool area to see there was not one and he was no help, nor willing to take a percentage off our room because "he knows his employees wouldn't have said yes since there hasn't been one in over a year and they don't advertise that they do have one" we would have just stayed at a different hotel if we had known.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
JM,

I appreciate the feedback so that we may address the concern to ensure that other guests won't be misled as well. I apologize that your experience was affected, we do try to work with all our guests to ensure that they are satisfied with the hotel. Please feel free to reach out to me if needed to discuss this further.