“Up to par” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 34 Hotels in Ann Arbor
Alexandria, Virginia
“Up to par”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

I have been a traveller for the last 20+ years and always prefer to stay at Hampton inns. I stayed here due to my previous experience with HI and an event at nearby UM. Very nice experience. Room was nicely sized and comfortable. Quality hot breakfast and coffee in the morning. Staff was nice and friendly ( with the one exception of the employee working at the front desk during check out ). Hotel conveniently located off highway and a short drive to campus.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Lee Y, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ann Arbor - North, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Rich,

Thank you for the review. We enjoy hearing that you liked your experience with us. I apologize about the attendant who checked you out, but appreciate you letting us know.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Turkish first
DC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

My complaint with this hotel is that I believe I was penalized for using Priceline to book. I arrived on a summer Sunday night - hotel in college town not full - and was assigned to room 215. Everything in room was fine (except for the wireless, which did not work), clean, spacious, etc. However, this room sat behind the elevators. I walked in and realized that, but listened for a bit and didn't hear anything so plunked down my stuff and then went out for a bit. Only discovered when I went to bed that I could hear the elevators running, which disrupted my sleep. Now - I KNOW the clerks know the pros/cons of the rooms - so can't help but assume I got tagged b/c I paid less than if I had booked direct with the hotel. Which is a BAD STRATEGY HOTEL PEOPLE - because today's priceline consumer is tomorrow's full rate/wedding/family reunion guest...!

The other negatives were the only treadmill in the exercise room was down - but I ran outside which turned out to be nice since there are good running trails outside the hotel.

Positives: Free parking, location off of highway, proximity to U of M (10 minutes to campus/downtown), breakfast (cereal, yogurt, fruit, coffee, waffles, etc., not just cheap continental...), plenty of restaurants/bars etc. nearby.

Overall it's a great hotel especially for the price I paid on Priceline. However, if I had it to do all over I would have walked down to the front desk and insistent on a room away from the elevator, and that would have greatly improved my visit from a customer perspective.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms 215 (and assuming 315 and 415)...right behind elevator shafts.
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
HoosierinDC,

I appreciate the feedback on how your experience was. Had you informed the desk of the requests and concerns you had, my team would have been able to relocate you to a different room so that you didn't experience the elevator noise. I'm sorry that you had to endure that during your time with us. Thank you for letting me know so that I can pass this on my to team.
Cleveland, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

This is an awful hotel, it should be classified as a motel. The whole place needs to be renovated immediately. Everything is weathered. I had the worse sleep, as the bed was very lumpy. The hotel clerk blamed the lumpiness on an old mattress, shouldn't they dispose of it? The stench on the first floor from the animals is terrible. I should have known that there was something wrong with an opening at this hotel, when it appeared most of the other hotels were sold out. I would never recommend this place to anyone, unless they are looking for subpar accommodations.

Reese,

I'm very sorry to hear that you didn't have a good stay with us. My team does want to deliver great service and resolve our guest's concerns prior to their departure. I'm sorry about the stay you had with us. This isn't the typical service which we provide at our hotel. I do hope that you will give us a second chance when you are in town next time, as we would like to be given another opportunity to prove to you that we are better than what you experienced on your last stay.
Durham, NC, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

All of the right amenities. Friendly, courteous and helpful staff. More convenient electrical outlets than many other places I've stayed. Very quiet room. Nice desk - perfect for working on my laptop.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Benjamin,

Thank you for the feedback, as we do like to hear what our enjoyed during their time with us. We hope to see you again next time you are in town.
Cincinnati, OH, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

The facility was immaculately clean and well maintained, the staff was friendly and helpful, and the breakfast was wonderful. There are stores and restaurants nearby, and it is only a short drive into downtown. It was perfect for our little four-day getaway to southern Michigan and across to Canada.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Cinthya,

Thanks for letting us know that you enjoyed your time with us. We hope to see you again, if you are in the area.
Austin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for the first time and found it very comfortable. There was a couch and a desk in my room. The shower and hot water worked fine. There is an Applebee's next door. The free wifi worked well. There are plenty of electrical outlets in the room. The breakfast is pretty average and there is a waffle machine if you like waffles. I would give it a solid three stars, but for me it's above average because of the staff. Most everyone was friendly in a relaxed way and the people seemed to get along with one another. I would stay here again.

Stayed May 2014
Movingsound,

It's good to know that you would come back and stay with us, I'm glad that we were able to provide you with what you needed. Come visit us again if you are in town.
Marquette, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

Stayed here for the 2nd time. Both times were very positive. Hotel front desk staff are terrific, welcoming and helpful. The room was very tidy and very comfortable. The room and bath were spotless. Attached restaurant was a bonus.The pool was beautiful, wish the hot tub was still there.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ryan B, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Ann Arbor - North, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hampton Inn North on your recent visit to Ann Arbor. I also would like to thank you for taking out the time to complete a Trip Advisor survey, as customer feedback is vital to our success. We appreciate your very kind sentiments regarding our staff and our property overall. Here at our property we firmly believe in passing positive comments along to our staff, and I will be sure to pass your comments along, to highlight a job well done. If you are ever in the area again, I hope that you would choose to stay at our property. We look forward to providing you with an even better experience in the future. Thanks again and have a great day!