“Hampton Inn Ann Arbor: Fail”

Hampton Inn Ann Arbor - North
Ranked #9 of 34 Hotels in Ann Arbor
Chicago, Illinois
“Hampton Inn Ann Arbor: Fail”
Reviewed 10 August 2010

we checked in after a very long day of driving and the woman at check in was "very sorry" to inform us that the room we booked ("King study with sofabed") was unavailable and all they had to offer was a room with a 'full' size bed. I suppose we didn't really *need* a king bed, but it would have been nice if they'd at least called to let me know the room we'd booked was unavailable and given me the opportunity to book a different hotel. the room itself was clean and the hotel building was in decent shape; the whole experience wouldn't have left such a bad taste in my mouth if someone hadn't knocked on our door literally *five minutes* after check out (we had our "do not disturb" sign on the door) and rudely asked us if we were staying another night. The woman could plainly see that we were in the middle of packing our bags. Hampton Inn, I am disappoint.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
JennaSmithGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ann Arbor - North, responded to this review, 11 August 2010
I am very sorry to hear that your stay did not meet your expectations. I will investigate this situation to see what happened and see how we can prevent this from happening in the future. We would like to issue you the 100% Hampton guarantee, since you were not satisfied you we would be happy to refund you for your stay. Please contact myself or anyone at the hotel for a full refund. Thank you for your understanding in this matter and also for taking the time to let us know this occurred so it can be corrected moving forward.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Turkish first
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 6 August 2010

I would give your hotel a ‘10+’. I was checked into the hotel in less than two minutes by a very pleasant employee. The room was well appointed, clean, and very comfortable. I was pleasantly surprised by the snacks left for me, a Hilton Honors member. I thoroughly enjoyed them. The breakfast and cookies were delicious and plentiful, and my check-out experience was as good as my check-in experience. Thank you for going above and beyond for the comfort and consideration of your guests. I will recommend your hotel to anyone I know going to Ann Arbor.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank khinton
JennaSmithGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ann Arbor - North, responded to this review, 7 August 2010
Thank you very much for such an encouraging response! I will make sure to share this with all of your staff members. We look forward to seeing you back at our hotel.
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Reviewed 26 July 2010

I just stayed at the Hampton Inn North this past weekend, to attend the Ann Arbor art fairs. I stayed there because of the great reviews on Trip Advisor, and the hotel didn't disappoint. The hotel was clean and comfortable, has an extensive hot breakfast (included) and friendly staff that go above and beyond. It was located about a 10-15 minute drive to downtown/UM, but we expected that.

TIP: I wanted to stay three nights, but couldn't find availability on Expedia for all three nights. I ended up booking two nights via Expedia and got a great deal, and booked the third night directly through the hotel website. The latter was more expensive, but overall it worked out to be a great value (about $110/night, after taxes, and breakfast included).

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
JennaSmithGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ann Arbor - North, responded to this review, 27 July 2010
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to provide your feedback. We try to make sure every single guest walks out of door happy. We look forward to seeing you for Art Fair next year!
Cambridge, Massachusetts
Reviewed 30 June 2010

The Hampton Inn North was a great hotel and worth every penny, although it was not expensive. The hotel was booked solid when we were there, but the staff could not have been nicer. The breakfast is excellent and the staff did a great job of keeping the items stocked despite being overwhelmed with customers. The pool was a perfect temperature and the exercise facilities were good. I will definitely return.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
JennaSmithGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ann Arbor - North, responded to this review, 2 July 2010
What a wonderful compliment! We appreciate you taking time out of your day to recognize our staff members. Everyone really tries hard to make every guest happy!
Berea, Ohio
Reviewed 2 June 2010

We stayed only one night but we wish we'd had more time at the Hampton Harbor Inn North. The beds are so comfortable you might actually be tempted to skip the day's plans just to stay between the amazingly comfortable sheets! Our room was absolutely spotless and noise between rooms was quite minimal. Although the breakfast wasn't anything out of the ordinary, the gentleman keeping things stocked and in order was so friendly he made a routine meal quite pleasant. Although we aren't interested in eggs, the hotel had just introduced hard boiled eggs to the breakfast line-up, which already includes waffles guests can cook themselves on the two waffle makers, fresh fruit, yogurt and assorted cereals and pastries.

The staff were all so friendly we felt we were long-lost friends....and when we discovered a toothbrush had been forgotten at home, the front desk was happy to provide us with a free replacement.

We would definitely stay here again should we find ourselves in Ann Arbor.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cemetery_Man
JennaSmithGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ann Arbor - North, responded to this review, 8 June 2010
We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay. The hard boiled eggs are new so I am glad to hear that our guests are enjoying them!
Los Angeles CA
Reviewed 6 May 2010

We stayed at the Hampton Inn for graduation weekend at University of Michigan. The hotel was packed with an excited crowd. But the staff were terrific: efficient, friendly, and competent in every way. Our room was quiet and well appointed and the bed was among the most comfortable I have encountered in a hotel. The breakfast was the usual hotel fare. Nice touches were the availability of coffee, tea and internet 24 hours, as well as internet.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
JennaSmithGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ann Arbor - North, responded to this review, 8 May 2010
We are very pleased to hear you enjoyed your experience here during University of Michigan's graduation weekend. We spend a lot of time preparing the staff on information and resources that guests may need during that event, we hope to see you back during future trips to the area!
Harrison Twp, Mi
Reviewed 17 April 2010

My wife and I traveled to A2 to see a show at the Michigan Theater on a Friday evening and then she had a seminar at the VA Hospital the next morning so for the $$ the Hampton Inn fit the bill nicely. The room was beautiful and spacious. The bed was incredibly comfortable and if there were any cons to be told, they'd be that we had to get out of said bed that next morning!

If I had to be critical, the back of the bathroom door could've been wiped down a little better but all that aside I would highly recommend especially if you had an event at or near the North Campus of UM

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
JennaSmithGM, Genearl Manager at Hampton Inn Ann Arbor - North, responded to this review, 18 April 2010
Thank you for the kind words about our hotel. I will make sure to share them with our team. We will make sure to focus on bathroom doors and hope to see you back in the future!