“A night in Ann Arbor” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #25 of 34 Hotels in Ann Arbor
michigan
“A night in Ann Arbor”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2012

I was here for a 1 night stay in January, 2012. I stayed in Room 132, which is right next to the stairs. It was very noisy, every time somebody went up or down the stairs it seemed as though they were coming into my room. Also, only about 20% of the TV channels worked, although I didn't notice this until about an hour before checkout when I turned my TV on for the first time.

Other than that, it was exactly what you'd expect from a Fairfield Inn... Decent bed, good shower pressure, good location, seamless checkin and checkout, average free breakfast, etc.

Room Tip: Do not accept a room close to the stairs.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2011

We are members of the Marriott program and our profile was honored, High floor, away from elevator. The room is on the small side, with a mini fridge, but no microwave, we had to use the one in the lobby. It worked. We did nit like the sink in the room instead of the bathroom, with carpet it is not as good as the tile floor. The heat worked well, it was a raw evening and that was nice. I enjoyed the pool and hot tub, both are big enough and the temperature was right. Location is in an area with other hotels, just off Hwy 94. We needed a room for the night, the last night of a very long trip, it fit the bill.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
East Alton, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2011

I stayed here for two weeks while doing business with an Ann Arbor company. I would not recommend this hotel for more than a one or two night stay. They did have a refrigerator but no microwave as I have seen in other Fairfields. The rooms are generally small with a small bathroom. The room was kept inpeccably clean, and the hotel service is excellent. So for that one or two night stay, this is the place!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Schertz, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2011

While in town a friend of mine recommended this hotel. It was a night before New Years eve and the hotel was very busy but the night girl tried her best to get us a room.Unexpectedly we had to extend our stay.. But our stay was great.. my children enjoyed the indoor pool... and breakfast was great. Though it was packed the place seemed very cheerful. Hopefully this winter on our next trip we will stay again.

Room Tip: Getting to the breakfast room earlier is better b/c you dn't have to wait in line as long..
  • Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank TigerlillyBlossom
Lansing, MI
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2011

I often choose a Fairfield when I travel for business because your pretty much get what you expect - not plush but comfortable. My stay at the Ann Arbor Fairfield was fair but there were some characteristics that would cause me not to choose this location in the future. The bathroom was so small it was hard to get in the door and only contained the toilet and tub/shower. The small (less than 3 ft.) sink vanity was in the main room. This made it difficult for one of us to get up and ready early while the other person slept. Also, the bathroom fan was loud - very loud and you could not enter and close the door then turn on the light fan. You had to flip the switch in the main room, again causing the light and fan to wake the person still trying to sleep. The room itself had a fairly strong unpleasant smell, thankfully I was so tired I 'got use to it' and was able to sleep. The room was small. On the positive side the front desk staff were very good on our arrival.

Room Tip: The room I was in was on the main floor next to the workout room - avoid it!
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank becshev

Travellers are raving about these Ann Arbor hotels

Reno, Nevada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2011

This hotel is half-way between average and very good. Surprisingly, in this university town, it is hard to find a decent hotel at a reasonable price. We've stayed at several others over the past three years, but the Fairfield Inn is the one we will come back to. The rooms are very clean. Bedding is sheet-covered duvet which is nice for those of us who dislike bedspreads. Beds were comfortable. The vanity is in the room with the toilet and bathtub/shower separate. That's nice when trying to get ready in the morning. There is a pool and free breakfast. We were given a room on the first floor very close to the breakfast/lounge area, and I was concerned about the noise as there was a team staying in the hotel at the same time. Fortunately, it was no problem.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank KDRaknm
Akron
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2011

My boyfriend and I dance Argentine Tango and travel to Ann ARbor for a dance weekend about four times a year. Most of the time, we stay at the Fairfield so that I can accumulate Mariott points, and it is the most affordable and easiest toy, book out of all the Mariott hotels in Ann Arbor. The rooms are clean, the lobby is decent and the parking lot is well lit. We usually cut through the Sheraton parking lot and other restaurant parking lots to access the feeder road, because it is a goofy location. The last time I stayed there, I was not pleased with the cleanliness of my room, but the manager gave me a discount to entice me back. Usually, my room is clean as I would expect from a Fairfield. This is also a family hotel, lots of traveling baseball, hockey teams stay here.

Room Tip: If you have to park near the pool, your key will provide easy access to the back door, which is very...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple