“College Tour 2014 - Michigan”

Fairfield Inn Ann Arbor
Ranked #23 of 35 Hotels in Ann Arbor
Reviewed 24 July 2014

On this College Tour stop, the location was convenient to shopping, dining and to get to campus for the college tour. Employees were friendly and helpful. It appears the facility does need some improvements, but for the price worked for us. Facility was clean just in need of some upgrades. Breakfast was also good way to begin the day - good assortment and friendly staff.

Room Tip: Nothing to add, hotel is tucked in with other hotels, so nothing special to view - - room was fine
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn Ann Arbor

Reviewed 19 July 2014

We did an overnight here during the Ann Arbor Art Festival and was completely disappointed with the hotel. The room was musty smelling, dated and small; TV did not work as the HD channels kept pixilating and freezing; the walls were paper thin and the beds were far from comfortable. I am a Marriott Silver member and had I known how disappointing this hotel is, I would have gladly stayed at the Sheridan or Holiday Inn across the street. For $149 per night I feel rather ripped off my Marriott.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Pamela K
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I think my issue is more with Fairfield inn in general rather than this specific hotel. I just don't love them. I have to remember it is a more "budget" chain, but it's not like the rooms are cheap. Like others, the hotel was a stopping point to visit U of Michigan. Arrived late and left early, so didn't experience a whole lot. One thing I did not like that the sink was in the room rather than in the bathroom. Beds were fine, breakfast good and staff was friendly. Location was easy for the school - can't say I noticed a lot else around there.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We were visiting the University of Michigan, and this was very convenient to campus. There is also a shopping center near by. Super friendly and helpful employees. Check out the huge map in the lobby. it helps you to get your bearings, and includes recommendations for eating in the area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Felicia N, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Ann Arbor, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay. We are pleased to hear that we were able to meet your needs and give you an excellent hotel experience. We hope to service you again during your next stay in Ann Arbor.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

This was a considerable let down. The room was not clean at all, me and my husband are retired and frequent hotels all over the state and this one bar far was one of the worst,. Location was fine, Breakfast was ok but we would have traded those to things for a clean room. Unless you plan on sleeping in the lobby dont even waste your time or money

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Rosa M
Felicia N, Manager at Fairfield Inn Ann Arbor, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to bring these issues and concerns to our attention. I will address the cleanliness issues with my housekeeping staff. It is our promise to give you a room that is fresh and clean. We would like to regain your trust and hope to service you again in the future. We are expecting renovations soon as well.

Please contact me if you have any questions or would like to discuss your stay further. Thank you.

-Felicia N.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Tucked away is this nice hotel. Compared to the pricey hotels in Ann Arbor this one is more reasonable for the area. The location itself, even though, you might not be able to find the hotel at first, is great to a number of amenities in the area. The indoor pool is great, however, since it is right off of the lounge area you hear those occupying the pool even though its is enclosed. The walls between the rooms are very thin as I could hear my next door neighbors, which interrupted my sleep. Upon arrival the rooms were just being completed with cleaning, which in some of the rooms it could be seen there was a rush clean job. Overall, it was an average stay at a hotel. Even though this is a hotel by Marriott, remember it is not a Marriott.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Felicia N, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Ann Arbor, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your concerns and issues. We apologize for the inconvenience while at our establishment. I will make sure to talk to my housekeeping staff regarding the service you recieved, as that is unacceptable. The hotel will be going through a renovation, and we hope that you will give us another chance when you are in the area!

Reviewed 12 May 2014

I stayed here last week for one night on business on my way to Grand Rapids. I got in around 9pm and left early in the morning.

Good: Great rate, especially when only here for a few hours. Close to lots of restaurants, gas stations, and points of interest. Downtown Ann Arbor and the UM campus is minutes from here. Plenty of parking, clean room, friendly staff, quality FREE breakfast.

Bad: The hotel is located a couple minutes off the highway and is not the easiest to find. I went into the Courtyard at first by accident (next door to each other).

The Verdict: STAY HERE! This is a prototypical Marriott Fairfiled Inn property. The free parking and free breakfast added to a VERY reasonable rate make this a great option. The experience is consistent Marriott with a friendly front desk, clean room and facility, and overall quality experience.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

We are please to have met your needs here at the Fairfield Inn.

I am happy that our price and continental breakfast was satisfying.

We appreciate the feedback so we may continue to give excellent service in the future. We hope you decide to return in the future.

-Felicia N.