Extended Stay America - Detroit - Ann Arbor - University South
Ocilla, Georgia
“Outstanding Hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2013

This was by far the best hotel experience I have ever had! I had made reservations at a hotel that turned out to be horrible and I relocated here. Fabulous manager and staff! The bed was the most comfortable and the room had everything I needed! And they welcomed my dogs!!!

Room Tip: No pool but you don't need one in MI!! Tell staff if you want to be on a floor w/o pets. We had...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Ann Arbor - University South, responded to this review, 15 May 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you had such a wonderful experience and we were able to take such great care of you. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2013

My overall experience was ok. I was told things at my time of reservations later on i found out it was all lies multiple problems with the room i felt like i was camping some days my suggestion to anybody thinking of staying here or anywhere is don't assume just bring your own. That even goes for an outdoor grill.

• Stayed May 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am so disappointed that we did not properly communicate the amenities we have available to all of our guests properly. Please accept my apology. For your next stay, please know that we keep a limited supply of toiletries behind the front desk for guests to enjoy upon request. As well, we do have in-room kitchens for cooking and offer housekeeping for every 7-day stay or more. I will be working with my team on conveying this message as guests arrive for check-in moving forward.

Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. I invite you to contact me at dta@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
ann arbor
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2013

I have gone thru a rough period in the last few years forcing me to change residence. I am glad I discovered Extended Stay America. It is the best value for your dollar. The management is professional, helpful, and caring. Any problem that may arise is swiftly dealt with. The bedrooms are spacious and the premises are always kept clean. when my children visit me, they feel as if it is their new home in Ann Arbor. They're able to cook, watch their favorite programs on TV or DVD, and do their school work (free internet access!). And for those of us who crave caffeine, there is complimentary tea or coffee in the kitchenette!
Add to this a laundry and exercise room, and ample free parking space! All for a fraction of the cost of the best three to four star hotel! whenever I am in Ann Arbor, I stay here. Truly, home away from home!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Joseph - Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that we were able to provide you with a "home away from home" experience while you visited our hotel. As well, thank you for your kind comments about the staff. I will be sharing them with the entire team.

Redford, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2013

I booked via our corporate travel system and got an exceptional price on a room at Extended Stay. I always check Trip Advisor, and was very impressed with the positive reviews I read from other patrons.
In fairness, I really only needed somewhere close to downtown to sleep.

My experience was not quite as glowing as some of my fellow travelers.

The front desk staff was available, even very late, and very accommodating. Made me feel safe to know the front desk was attended at night.

*Large, spacious room.
*Wood laminate flooring-- very nice.
*Tub and bathroom floor very clean.
*Fridge and countertops in kitchen very clean.
* Extra very nice pillows on bed
* Nice flat screen TV

Not so much:
*The room smelled of stale smoke. The furniture smelled of stale smoke. In the morning, my coat had picked up the smell of stale smoke.
*Huge, very apparent stains on the floor, curtains and pull out couch.
*There was cold air coming from the wall unit/heating-cooling system when not turned on. When I turned the heat on high, it worked fine, but most of the hot air blew up under the drapes.
* The bed had a sheet and a thin polyester bedspread (as seen in hotel pics). I'm not in the habit of using the bedspread in hotels (my experience is that they don't get cleaned/changed). Since there was no blanket, I just used the sheet and cranked the heat. (But hey, for what I paid for the room, I was glad to have somewhere to sleep!)
* Coffee pot was stained with old coffee. Used a kitchen towel to scrub it out with dishwashing crystals in the kitchen.

Probably a great value if you are traveling with family or are on a budget. I'm confident that, with some steam cleaning, and some Glade plug ins, this property would be a favorite of guests to Ann Arbor.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Ann Arbor - University South, responded to this review, 16 April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that there were issues with smoke odor in your room and some items were not thoroughly cleaned. To prevent this from happening again, my team is diligently working towards making sure that our rooms maintain a fresh smell and more attention is placed on overall cleanliness.

I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I hope that you will contact me directly, at dta@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2012

I recently stayed here to visit my daughter and my stay was amazing! I did not have a reserveration and the staff went above and beyond to accomdate me. My room was comfortable and clean. This was an excellent value. Moreover, Alan was very helpful. I would recomend it to anyone looking in the area. My only regret is that I couldn't stay longer.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RDO_Sarah_L, Owner at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Ann Arbor - University South, responded to this review, 27 November 2012
Thank you for your kind review. I am so happy it worked out so you to stay with us in Ann Arbor. i appreciate you sharing your experience. We would love to have you back on your next trip to Ann Arbor.
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2012

I recently stayed here because I was in town for a game at The Big House against the Spartans (Go BLUE!!) and was very pleased and impressed with the hotel and the customer service. Everyone was extremely friendly from the front desk staff (especially Alisha & Alan--I hope I spelled her name right) to the housekeeping staff. I stay in hotels frequently and nothing turns me off more than having unpleasant people at the front desk, but that wasn't the case here. There room was a nice size for me and my best friend and the rates were good! The location was also very convenient to where I needed to go. I would definitely come back here again and look forward to being greeted by the warm staff.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I wanted to personally respond to your kind review. Thank you for posting it. It's very rewarding to hear you say great things about our service. We are committed to making every guest experience a great one so I am happy to hear we delivered. We do hope to have you back for another U of M game soon. Thank you again.
Grandville, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2012

Very helpful staff, always there when you need them. Alan is a wonderful person to do business with and Ashley is so very helpful with scheduling my rooms in advance; I don't worry about not having a place to stay when I am in town.
However this hotel needs more luggage carts, 2 just isn't enough. Also larger pots for cooking, skillets, baking pans for oven use as well.
This hotel is like my second home away from home. Great staff!

Room Tip: Corner Suites are the best for sure, but all the room are very confortable.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RDO_Sarah_L, Owner at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Ann Arbor - University South, responded to this review, 20 November 2012
Thank you for your recent posting of your stay with us. I really appreciate you sharing your feedback. It's always rewarding to hear our staff taking such good care of your guests. I apologize for any inconvenience with the luggage carts. We will definitely take that into consideration along with your suggestion about our pots and pans. Thank you for your business.