“Great location, housekeeping lacking a bit”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ann Arbor
Ranked #17 of 35 Hotels in Ann Arbor
Reviewed 24 October 2013

My husband and I recently spent a week at this hotel while we were house hunting and working. Thankfully we have priority points because we were upgraded to a junior suite. Much nicer room than what we would have had. The only negative thing I'd have to mention is housekeeping. I think if we had stayed only one or two nights, we wouldn't have noticed that housekeeping needs to pay a bit more attention to details. The previous guests used the coffee pot in the room but didn't empty the filter, neither did housekeeping. Also, as the week progressed, we received fewer replacement cups and dirty towels were not picked up after "cleaning" the room. Aside from that, I would recommend this hotel because of its location. It's across from the Briarwood Mall and very close to restaurants and the highway. They do offer a free breakfast, a pool and exercise room.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ann Arbor

Reviewed 8 October 2013

Spent the night here while in Ann Arbor for a medical appointment. The location is fine, near several eating establishments, The front desk employees were friendly and accommodating. The room was large and clean. I will definitely stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 September 2013

The best think about this hotel is its location. It is a convenient place to stay if you want to go to the U. of M. or theater in Ann Arbor. It has plenty of free parking and is located across from a mall that offers a number of eating options, including California Pizza Kitchen. It has free internet and gives you access to a gym and very nice pool at its sister hotel, located right next door. The gym is small, but better than what most hotels have, and you can get a complete workout there. Our room was spacious, and had two beds in it, one of which was in really bad shape. The other bed was ok. I think the management should consider replacing some of the mattresses in this hotel. The breakfast is included and it is the standard Holiday Inn Express breakfast, although the fresh bananas they offered all had varying degrees of black spots on them. I have stayed here more than once because of the location, but I think it is overpriced.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
GrahamHotelSystems, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ann Arbor, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2013

We appreciate when guests take the time to provide feedback and try very hard to make improvements to our product and services when we can. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. We have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.
Suzette

Reviewed 28 September 2013

My husband and I recently spent a total of 7 nights at this Holiday Inn Express. The staff was very helpful and pleasant. We spent 3 nights, September 10th, 11th and 12th at this hotel and returned on the 15th for 4 nights. Page was very accommodating by reserving the same room for us which we greatly appreciated. Vanessa always had a smile on her face and greeted us coming and going. The continental breakfast was always good with everything so clean and neat. Our overall experience at this hotel was very enjoyable.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 September 2013

I apologize but the only two things good about this hotel was the front desk staff and the location. My first room was VERY noisy because it was facing highway 94. I thought the window was open because of all the sound but it wasn't. The room also appeared to be neglected a bit. The bottom of the tub had dirty ground into it. The bathroom was pretty dirty and the carpet throughout the room had lots of dirt on it. There was even toenails visibly on the floor. I lasted one night and had to transfer rooms. My next room had been cleaned much better and the noise was better. I was surprised that the pillows and mattresses did NOT have covers on them. Just sheets/pillowcase and a throw blanket. The walls appear to be paper thin because I could hear my neighbor's conversation on both sides. I have to mention the air quality as well. VERY POOR My allergies kicked on double time while in the hotel and then cleared up as I was outside. This usually means mold. I had a very difficult time breathing. Thankfully I was by myself and did not have my children with me. IF that would have been the case, we would have checked out immediately and found a room in the hotel next door. On a good note, it was conveniently located and the front desk staff was really impressive. If I return to Ann Arbor, my business will go elsewhere. Sorry :(

Room Tip: Ask for a room NOT facing the highway. If you have bad allergies... find somewhere else.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
GrahamHotelSystems, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ann Arbor, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments regarding your stay with the Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites of Ann Arbor. Your comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us, and we are committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable accommodations for our guests.
Please accept our sincere apology for your dissatisfaction with our rooms. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I have taken note of your feedback and thank you for all of your comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.
Once again, thank you for staying with the Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites and providing valuable feedback.
Suzette

Reviewed 28 August 2013

The hotel has a bright, open lobby that was immaculate, I stayed in an executive suite at a reasonable rate. The room was spotless and fully appointed. Nice bed and sheets. Minimal amount of upholstered product. Would definitely stay again. Staff was very helpful and v
Shuttle driver Trey was amazing. He is very knowledgeable about the area and fun company during the drive.

The buffet in the adjoining restaurant was horrible. Free breakfasts at discounted hotels were better.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 July 2013 via mobile

Shuttle to art fair right across the street. Great breakfast. Best cinnamon rolls. Clean. Right next to the mall. Indoor pool..........free parking ... Hotel next door delivers room service if wanted ......enjoy Ann Arbor

• Stayed: July 2013