“Nice Short Stay”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ann Arbor
Ranked #16 of 35 Hotels in Ann Arbor
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Overall, it was a nice stay. It's right across the street from Briarwood Mall, so it's easy access to restaurants and shopping. I highly recommend Briarwood; there is a very good selection of shops and restaurants! The staff were friendly for the most part, but it almost felt like they didn't put in much effort to try make your make your stay extra special. The room was clean, pretty basic it seemed like for a Holiday Inn Express. Comfy beds, nice TV, good desk and workstation. The lights in the bathroom were a little dirty, though. The breakfast was pretty good; they had very good cinnamon rolls and a machine that made pancakes for you, which I thought was pretty cool! The wi-fi worked pretty well. If you are looking for a little snack at night, the snack vending machines on the 1st floor are very inexpensive! They have a pool, but didn't get the chance to use it. Also, in the evenings, they have fruit punch, lemonade, and flavored water in the lobby which was a nice touch! In conclusion, I don't know if I would transfer to Holiday Inn Express from Hampton for my go-to hotel, but nevertheless I would stay at a HIE again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Thank you to Suzette for assisting me today over the phone. She was very professional and helpful. It sounds like they are having a busy afternoon there today and I really appreciated her taking the time to assist me . Thank you again for your wonderful customer service. I would recommend visiting this hotel, the staff is very friendly :)

• Stayed: July 2014
GrahamHotelSystems, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ann Arbor, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear kbusine,
Thank you so much for taking the time to rate us. I really appreciate your kind words. I want all of our guests to feel important and taken care of, because you are important to us! I will be sure to let my staff know of your appreciation. We hope to see you again in the future. Thanks again, for staying with us.

Reviewed 28 February 2014

Holiday Inn Express has totally won me over! Ten years ago, I stayed in a dirty and noisy HIE and I have avoided them ever since.
However, during my travels in the first two months of this year, I have stayed in 3 different HIE in 3 different cities....Ottawa, Ontario, Canada Airport, St George, UT and Ann Arbor, MI. The service at the Front Desk in the Ottawa location and the Ann Arbor location was superior. Suzette in the Ann Arbor location was friendly and had our 12 rooms ready with rooming lists and she put my husband and I in a suite.
My room here in Ann Arbor is spacious and immaculate! I love having a clean smelling room with comfortable bedding. Good Night everyone!

Room Tip: I always ask for a quiet room "please not by the elevator and please not by the ice machine&quo...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night and hotel is clean but room has limited bathroom counter space and light. Very tight bathroom but clean. Could really use more horizontal space. Heat was great with low outside temps. Breakfast is ok except eggs were terrible. Coffee is fair but room coffee is bitter. (At most of these)
Overall for a fairly priced room and functional except bath was an issue. Would go elsewhere for this reason. Assume eggs might be a one time issue.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 December 2013

I stayed here for a night while traveling on business. The hotel was clean and the room was comfortable. I arrived late and the free cookies were good and the selection of free coffee and teas was very good as well. The bed was comfortable and the staff was friendly. The hotel is fairly close to the highway and a short drive to downtown and U of M and is therefore quiet and not overrun by students.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 December 2013

This is a very clean and well run hotel. We only stayed one night, but the staff was very pleasant and helpful. The lobby, hallways, and room were spotless. We really didn't have one complaint about this hotel. The breakfast was fresh, hot and well stocked as well. The hotel is right by the mall and lots of restaurants as well. And very close to the Michigan campus.

We will be back next time we're in Ann Arbor.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 December 2013

A very clean well kept property with great friendly, helpful staff. You can't beat the location which is just outside a large shopping mall and lots of restaurants nearby. The breakfast area was clean and well supplied.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple