Extended Stay America - Detroit - Ann Arbor - Briarwood Mall
Toledo, Ohio
“Below average”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I'm not one to complain and I have never left a hotel due to the conditions found there, but this hotel was terrible. From the front desk clerk smelling like weed and jumping over the counter to help us to the feces in the toilet in our room... The first room we were given was filthy and apparently had never been clean. We went back down to get another room feeling more and more apprehensive. The floors were dirty and the lobby smelled like pot. He gave us another room and when we went up to that one while the sheets were on the bed this time, it wasn't much better. When we found the toilet with poop in it we had to leave. He gave us a third room, but by that time we were late for the hockey game we had come for so we left. Thankfully Hotwire refunded our money and switched us to another hotel. (which happened to be the Extended Stay across the street at Boardwalk Dr. MUCH better experience there!!)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Talitha S
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Ann Arbor - Briarwood Mall, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The room conditions you described are not acceptable and I sincerely apologize for your experience. I will be meeting with our housekeeping staff to ensure your experience is not repeated. As well, I am sorry to hear that our staff did not attend to your needs in a professional manner. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at daa@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I have never been soooo discussed & hurt with people since since my husbands accident. Stayed at a your hotel last night February 23, 2014 sidewalks full of snow & ice. Thank goodness there were two guest outside that were able to help me to get my husband on sidewalk since the handicap ramps where full of ice and snow. The next morning checking out my husband almost fell off your sidewalk. Went back in to speak with the hotel manager ( Erika Medina) told her how I felt & her lovely answer was this is Michigan Weather & that they can't do anything about it!!! And that there is nothing they can do!!!! This is totally uncalled for!!!!!

The pictures that are attached do you think that is accessible for someone that is in a wheelchair....

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Queenie1012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that the walkways were not completely cleared. I will be meeting with our staff to ensure this does not happen in the future. Guest safety is a top priority of ours and we will be sure to take the appropriate actions so that your experience is not repeated. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at daa@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you’re in the area.
Middleburg Heights, Ohio
Reviewed 17 January 2014

I would like to extend my sincere gratitude to all of the front desk staff. They were very friendly and helpful during my stay there. The hotel is in a great location next to the Briarwood Mall in Ann Arbor. It is a clean place to reside or stay as your home away from home. Thank you to all of the staff there. This truly is a great hotel to stay in for the money!

Room Tip: Rooms on the end of the hall seem to be larger.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Ann Arbor - Briarwood Mall, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Sheryl - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that our front desk staff was friendly and helpful. Providing outstanding customer service is one of our top priorities and I am pleased that we met that goal.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Call first, no email is effective as person to person, all they can do for you they will regardless of who you are. So enjoy your visit in beautiful Ann Arbor, Michigan. I went outside in the below freezing weather to help shovel snow around the parking lot, I like to give back to those whom treat and respect me. Each time I leave or go, someones speaks to me with wishes of be safe and have fun and upon returning how was your day. I talk personally with staff as I am affiliated with multiple Democratic Campaign Committees, and encourage the staff to vote Democrat and to support Hillary Clinton for President in 2016, but first we need more U.S. House seats to get more done for the Obama Admistration. Get out and vote.

Room Tip: I got lucky and got same room, makes me feel back at home, as my stays are for a few months at a tim...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank TampatoAnnArbor
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Ann Arbor - Briarwood Mall, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that we were able to establish a "home away from home" during your stay. The staff and I truly enjoy having you visit our hotel and are so glad that we could make your time away from home that much better. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Davison, Michigan
Reviewed 6 January 2014

We stayed here for NYE as we booked late and nothing was left. I was nervous as Extended Stays don't have the best reputation but we were so pleasantly surprised! The staff was super friendly, upbeat and helpful and the room was very clean! This is a great hotel for the money!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 224AnneC224
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Ann Arbor - Briarwood Mall, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Anne - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your your room and our staff's friendly service. It was a pleasure having you stay with us for NYE and we look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 28 September 2013

I stayed there for 10 nights, it's a big&clean place. There're a big clean bed, a big TV, a simple kitchen (include microwave and some cookers),an AC/heater and a big bathroom as well.
The staffs were nice and helpful.
The location of the place is really great. Tt is accessible to anywhere around, bus station and shopping mall are both in walking distance.
The hotel also offers free grab-and-go breakfast, like coffee, tea, fruit,oatmeal. It's very convenient for the people who are traveling.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank RichardChung
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Ann Arbor - Briarwood Mall, responded to this review, 4 October 2013
Richard - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that we provided clean, comfortable, spacious accommodations for you and that you enjoyed our convenient location and grab-and-go breakfast.

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 28 September 2013

I reached this hotel at around 1:00 AM in the morning, since the flight was delayed. I had to knock of the glass door of the main entrance - to enter the hotel. The receptionist told me, that there was some report of burglary in the adjacent area - hence this was a precaution for safety. I appreciated the hotel staff for their thoughtfulness. During my seven days of stay in this hotel I cooked for myself, made full use of the kitchenette. The kitchen has full set of utensils to cook. the AC however made loud noise at night.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business