“Pleasant trip”

Courtyard Ann Arbor
Ranked #17 of 35 Hotels in Ann Arbor
Reviewed 11 April 2012

I stayed here one night for a business trip to U of M and was pleasantly surpised by how nice and modern it was. The rooms were standard rooms but very clean. I was upgraded to a suite which was nice. I also had a refrigerator in my room which was great because I like to purchase serveral bottles of water. The bistro has limited food selection but luckily, there were a number of restaurants nearby. Will stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 2 April 2012

Nice hotel, staff was nice, rooms clean, a little dated. Very spacious! Nice T.V. Stayed for a surgery at U of M, good location easy to find, free parking. Lobby and general ares very nice.
Would stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 March 2012

This is my second stay here. I like the warm decor of this hotel with its tan and red color scheme and the reception area is very spacious and bright. My room on this occasion (236) was very nice except the bath had ink like staining and would have liked seperate switches for the light and bathroom as the fan was quite noisy!
Staff are pleasant and attentive. I would definately stay here again - good hotel at a good price.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 13 March 2012

Clean, and simple. Loved this hotel for our quick one night stay. 45 Minutes from Downtown Detroit. Close to University of Michigan Campus so plenty places to eat and places to see around the hotel. Mall is right across the street. Right of the freeway. Room was decorative very new and nice, and was clean. Didn't use the pool but noticed that it is handicapped accessible with a lift swing. Also the lobby is awesome and there is a cute "bistro" there. Which i thought would be awesome for those needing that. If we ever come back to the area we will stay here again. Room are very up - to - date which was a plus! Almost forgot - LOVED the matress, so comfy I wanted to take it home!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank deltamay
Reviewed 5 January 2012

My family had a very pleasant and comfortable stay at the Courtyard. Our first room smelled of cigarette smoke but after we called down to the front desk they promptly changed our room. The second room was clean, did not smell of smoke and laid out better than the first room. The staff was very helpful and polite. There were not a lot of activities for children but my kids loved swimming in the pool. I do not recommend the Cafe in the hotel. Our breakfast was pricy and the food was not very good. Grab a complimentary coffee and go out to eat. The location was perfect for me. The hotel was easy to get to with a mall, gas, restaurants, and thruway close by.

Room Tip: we had a room on the third floor that was quiet and the sleeping area was separate from desk/pull ou...
3  Thank Steve B
Reviewed 21 December 2011

My mother and I visited to look at the University of Michigan. The location was fantastic (only a short, 3-minute drive to central campus), and was fantastic for the price. Be sure to call for a reservation and tell them you're either a student, or visiting campus, and they'll give you a discount. The rooms are very clean, as you'd expect at any Marriott. Nothing special, but again, probably the nicest hotel you'll find to stay in its vicinity.

2  Thank Sam S
Reviewed 21 December 2011

Just recently returned from Ann Arbor for my niece's graduation from U of Mich. When making our travel plans I can't say I was especially excited at staying at "another" cookie cutter Courtyard Marriott, but chose it because the rest of the family was staying there. Well, what a VERY pleasant surprise when we arrived! This hotel was beautiful and our stay was fantastic!

Apparently undergoing major recent renovations the hotel was just perfect! The hotel lobby was bright, cheerful and spacious. There were numerous seating areas just off the main lobby offering a semi private space for small groups of guests to gather and hang out. Though our group was constantly on the run we saw many groups of people taking advantage of these seating areas to grab a bite and visit, either in front of the large screen TV , a beautiful fireplace, or in the open cafe. Our check in was a little slow since there was just one young lady working the front desk...but her bright smile and welcoming demeanor made up for the extra few minutes we had to wait,

The guest rooms were spacious, clean and inviting. The color palette of the hotel was yellow and rust and beautifully coordinated. It had a very crisp, modern flair. Each room had free WiFi, flat screen TV, refrigerator, and nice, thick towels. Looking out our window I could see a beautiful garden courtyard and an indoor built in pool just across the way. We were too busy to partake in either. My mother had a handicapped accessible room on the first floor and I was also impressed that there were numerous handbars and a shower seat in the bathroom for her safety. (would have been helpful if the hotel had a wheelchair available for guests, as the walk to the guest rooms can be a long one for the elderly)

The hotel is located in a business park about 2.5- 3 miles from the U. of Mich. campus. It is a pretty straight shot to campus. I am happy to highly recommend this hotel to you. You'll love it!

3  Thank Rummy123