“Comfortable Hotel”

Ranked #17 of 34 Hotels in Ann Arbor
Franklin, Massachusetts
“Comfortable Hotel”
Reviewed 21 September 2013

This was either my first ever visit to a Courtyard Inn or the first visit in a very long time.

The room was very nice with a king bed, desk, and sitting area. I loved the sitting area with its sofa facing the TV and a little coffee table in front of it. It was perfect for watching TV before going to bed. I used some of the many pillows from the bed to prop myself up on the couch like I would at home.

The king bed was comfy with a firm mattress and lots of pillows. One thing I'm not sure I like; hotels these days have these half size pillows instead of the full size I'm used to. I imagine I'll get used to it. I liked that the bed tables each had a power outlet so I could charge my iPad overnight. There was a clock radio on one side of the bed- it had a night light on the top of it that bothered me. Instead of trying to figure out if I could turn the nightlight off I just slept on the other side of the bed. The room was very quiet with great room darkening shades. I overslept twice- something I rarely do.

The bathroom was nice and clean. The ceiling was pretty low- no problem for me but if you are a little over six foot it could get claustrophobic. The shampoos and conditioners were name brands- but was a brand I used back in the eighties. With the many conversation pits in the lobby it was a touch that made me feel I'd stepped into the past.

The hotel has limited exercise equipment- two treadmills, an elliptical machine, seated bike, and some free weights with an incline bench. Not enough for the serious exercise person, but for someone like me who wanted to burn off calories it was fine. The treadmills and elliptical machines have their own TV's so remember to bring your earphones. I used the pool and hot tub as well. The pool was cool- which was refreshing after a dip in the hot tub. I don't think they are heavily used.

You can get breakfast at the hotel. It is not included, but is reasonably priced. This is actually a nice change from the continental breakfast and waffle bars, where I sometimes feel I have to eat my money's worth instead of eat till I'm sated. As the day goes on you can get other foods as well, as well as beers, wines, and some mixed drinks in the evening. As I noted above there are lots of places to go and sit in little groups, or communally around TV's or a fireplace. If you want to eat elsewhere there is a Wendy's and a Korean-Japanese restaurant nearby. for other places I think you need a car.

The staff was very helpful and friendly down to the maintenance guy, who gave me directions to a nearby restaurant as the front desk people looked it up online.

I'll probably stay here again, as Courtyard is the choice of my company in this area. While I liked it, I'm not sure I liked it enough to switch my loyalties.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Mykal
Korbyn M, Director of Sales at Courtyard Ann Arbor, responded to this review, 27 September 2013
Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Ann Arbor for your recent stay and for taking the time to write such an in depth review of your stay! We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to have you with us again in the future when you are in town on business, and hope we can "change your loyalties" to the Courtyard brand of the Marriott chain!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Nowhere
Reviewed 12 September 2013

While the Couryard is pretty much the same everywhere, it's worth mentioning that this one is distringuished by staff who understand the meaning of five star service and deliver it smoothly. I appreciate them accomodating us but even without that, I noticed how attentive, friendly, and professional they were. That aside the rest of it is typical Courtyard which I really like anyways. It's comfortable, clean, and attractive.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Ann Arbor for your recent stay and for taking the time to write a review about it! We appreciate your business and look forward to having you with us again in the future.
Ridgefield, Connecticut
Reviewed 30 August 2013

This is a great hotel. Stayed two night while dropping off at U Michigan. We had the one room suite which is a very nice room. The bed was comfortable. Lighting was great. The adjoining room had a refrigerator, great functional desk and pull out sofa. My only complaint was the temperature control. Air Conditioning unit was in the bedroom so while trying to cool off the adjoining room it because very cold in the bedroom. I had to shut off the AC and turn on each night when it got too hot. Hotel also offers very nice food/drink bar and a convenient marketplace. Staff was great.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. We appreciate the business and hope to have you with us again during future trips to the University!
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 23 August 2013

This hotel offers a very convenient location. It is close to Interstate, downtown,business areas, restaurants,etc. The hotel is well cared for. The rooms are very nice and comfortable. The staff is very friendly and professional. The rate for this hotel was a real value.I look forward to a return to this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Samuel K
Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Ann Arbor for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to write a review! We look forward to having you back with us in the future!
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Bed was very comfortable and room seemed clean. (Though I did ask to be switched, as initial room appeared to have a wet area on carpet that I took to be an in-progress drying of stain.) I would have given an extra star except that (1) hotel had roped off entire front entrance overnight because parking-space lines had been repainted -- not a bad thing, except there was no prominent sign directing guests on where to park instead, and I had to phone the front desk in order to be directed to hotel's lower lot (also, no offer of help with bringing luggage up small hilly area to entrance) and (2) empty glasses from adjacent room sat in hall for quite awhile (necessitating another call to front desk).

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Ann Arbor for your stay and for taking the time to review your stay! We appreciate your comments and apologize for the issues that you experienced while you were here. We strive to make every guest's stay a 5 star stay, and when it isn't we hope that we can fix the errors so that your next stay is better yet! We hope to have you with us again so that we can show the improvements to your experience!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I was extremely pleased with this exceptional hotel. My expectations were moderate prior to arrival,but the quality of the hotel and staff exceeded my expectaions. The location was very convenient to the Interstate,downtown,restaurants,etc. The room was very nice and comfortable. I look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Ann Arbor, and for taking the time to write a review of your stay! We are so happy to hear that we exceeded your expectations and hope to have you again with us on your next trip to the area.
Coral Springs, Florida
Reviewed 5 August 2013 via mobile

We were there for business this past weekend and had a conference room as well as 2 sleeping rooms. I have to say that we stay in a lot of Courtyards and this one is second to none. The front desk staff is excellent with an extra A+ for Brandon Cassidy and Kyle. They could not have been friendlier and more willing to make your stay more comfortable. There were a few minor changes that needed to be made to the set up in our conference room and the man that helped, sorry don't know his name, was on it immediately with a smile on his face. I look forward to staying here again.

Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay! We appreciate your business and are delighted that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to having you back with us in the future!