“Great Place”

Ranked #16 of 34 Hotels in Ann Arbor
Asheville, North Carolina
“Great Place”
Reviewed 17 January 2014

We had a block of rooms for my daughters wedding and everyone's experience was great. The rooms were very clean and large enough to hold a family get together after the wedding. The staff was extremely friendly from the front desk to housekeeping.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Korbyn M, Director of Sales at Courtyard Ann Arbor, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review from your stay. We truly appreciate your business and hope to have you with us again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Westerville, Ohio
Reviewed 29 December 2013

I am business travelor and always looking at how hotels make us feel special. this hotel was a welcome experience. I have stayed in Ann Arbor many times for business but the first time at the Courtyard.....it was wonderful and will stay her always in the future...they made me feel like family and the rooms were immaculate....make this your hotel of choice..
kathy

Room Tip: top floor less noise always
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Korbyn M, Director of Sales at Courtyard Ann Arbor, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review the property. We look forward to having you back with us on your next stay in Ann Arbor!
Kevil, Kentucky
Reviewed 12 December 2013

The lobby was big & beautiful. The staff was extremely friendly! The room was clean! All the equipment worked. The food was really good! In my opinion, this was a flawless stay. Warning, if you want free breakfast, free coffee, free, free, free. Courtyard isn't the place for you!!! Do some research and find a Drury. If you want a high quality stay with a friendly staff, and a good nights rest, this Courtyard will be exactly what you're looking for.

• Stayed December 2013
Korbyn M, Director of Sales at Courtyard Ann Arbor, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
Thank you so much for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Ann Arbor and for taking the time to review our property. We look forward to having you back with us when your travels bring you back to Michigan!
Hardyston Township, New Jersey
Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

No raves, but no complaints either. Comfortable, clean accommodations. Ample lobby lounge area. Limited bar / food service area. Traveling with a dozen or so colleagues, with similar experience. Would stay again.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Korbyn M, Director of Sales at Courtyard Ann Arbor, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Ann Arbor. We truly value your business and reviews and hope that on your next stay with us you will leave with rave reviews. We look forward to having you back!
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Reviewed 19 October 2013

We recently hosted our daughter's wedding and reserved a block of rooms at the Courtyard Ann Arbor for many friends and family members. The arrangements were easily made in advance. The hotel is ideal for parties arriving at different times and with varied needs. The desk areas offer comfortable gathering sites with snacks, morning and evening meals and refreshments.There is access to computers and a printer in the lobby. The desk staff is extremely helpful and responsive to special requests. The rooms are comfortable, pleasant and well-designed.
We have stayed at this hotel several times during visits to Ann Arbor. It is always a pleasant destination.

Room Tip: The suites are great. Our third floor corner room was very quiet.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Korbyn M, Director of Sales at Courtyard Ann Arbor, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Courtyard by Marriott Ann Arbor.

We truly appreciate your business and we are thrilled that your daughter's big day was a success. We hope to have you back again on your next trip into Ann Arbor.
Franklin, Massachusetts
Reviewed 21 September 2013

This was either my first ever visit to a Courtyard Inn or the first visit in a very long time.

The room was very nice with a king bed, desk, and sitting area. I loved the sitting area with its sofa facing the TV and a little coffee table in front of it. It was perfect for watching TV before going to bed. I used some of the many pillows from the bed to prop myself up on the couch like I would at home.

The king bed was comfy with a firm mattress and lots of pillows. One thing I'm not sure I like; hotels these days have these half size pillows instead of the full size I'm used to. I imagine I'll get used to it. I liked that the bed tables each had a power outlet so I could charge my iPad overnight. There was a clock radio on one side of the bed- it had a night light on the top of it that bothered me. Instead of trying to figure out if I could turn the nightlight off I just slept on the other side of the bed. The room was very quiet with great room darkening shades. I overslept twice- something I rarely do.

The bathroom was nice and clean. The ceiling was pretty low- no problem for me but if you are a little over six foot it could get claustrophobic. The shampoos and conditioners were name brands- but was a brand I used back in the eighties. With the many conversation pits in the lobby it was a touch that made me feel I'd stepped into the past.

The hotel has limited exercise equipment- two treadmills, an elliptical machine, seated bike, and some free weights with an incline bench. Not enough for the serious exercise person, but for someone like me who wanted to burn off calories it was fine. The treadmills and elliptical machines have their own TV's so remember to bring your earphones. I used the pool and hot tub as well. The pool was cool- which was refreshing after a dip in the hot tub. I don't think they are heavily used.

You can get breakfast at the hotel. It is not included, but is reasonably priced. This is actually a nice change from the continental breakfast and waffle bars, where I sometimes feel I have to eat my money's worth instead of eat till I'm sated. As the day goes on you can get other foods as well, as well as beers, wines, and some mixed drinks in the evening. As I noted above there are lots of places to go and sit in little groups, or communally around TV's or a fireplace. If you want to eat elsewhere there is a Wendy's and a Korean-Japanese restaurant nearby. for other places I think you need a car.

The staff was very helpful and friendly down to the maintenance guy, who gave me directions to a nearby restaurant as the front desk people looked it up online.

I'll probably stay here again, as Courtyard is the choice of my company in this area. While I liked it, I'm not sure I liked it enough to switch my loyalties.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Mykal
Korbyn M, Director of Sales at Courtyard Ann Arbor, responded to this review, 27 September 2013
Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Ann Arbor for your recent stay and for taking the time to write such an in depth review of your stay! We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to have you with us again in the future when you are in town on business, and hope we can "change your loyalties" to the Courtyard brand of the Marriott chain!
Nowhere
Reviewed 12 September 2013

While the Couryard is pretty much the same everywhere, it's worth mentioning that this one is distringuished by staff who understand the meaning of five star service and deliver it smoothly. I appreciate them accomodating us but even without that, I noticed how attentive, friendly, and professional they were. That aside the rest of it is typical Courtyard which I really like anyways. It's comfortable, clean, and attractive.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Ann Arbor for your recent stay and for taking the time to write a review about it! We appreciate your business and look forward to having you with us again in the future.