“hot tub bugs”

Courtyard Ann Arbor
Ranked #19 of 35 Hotels in Ann Arbor
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I got hot tub folliculitis from the hot tub. Bugs under the skin causing a rash all over my back from a poorly maintained hot tub. It didn't clear on its own so I am taking antibiotics now. The pool boy was too busy chatting up people at the bar as he seemed to have a dual role. He made great drinks and entertained the crowd but obviously didn't check PH levels too diligently!! This is a great place if you don't like swimming and hot tubs. I surely would not bring my children here!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Zephyrchinook
Korbyn M, Director of Sales at Courtyard Ann Arbor, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to review the property and share your concerns. We regularly clean our hot tub and we as well as the city of Ann Arbor do PH Level checks. We did a full acid wash of the hot tub on April 4th. We do not have a pool boy here on property but we do have a maintenance team that is in charge of the spa and pool. We are looking further into your feedback and will make sure that we remain diligent in our cleaning and upkeep of the spa and pool areas. Thank you again for taking the time and we hope to have you with us again in the future!

Reviewed 6 April 2014

We were guests at this hotel last Friday night. The hotel was busy, but the check in process was efficient. We ended up having to park around the back of the hotel, and it was raining. That was a bit messy, but they do have covered drop off at the front door for luggage.

The rooms were standard and the internet service is free. We didn't eat here or spend much time at the hotel, but it was fine for the night.

Room Tip: We were on the third floor and it seemed to be fine. The odd numbered rooms have a view of the high...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank preppygirl56

Thank you so much for taking the time to review the property and to offer feedback regarding your stay. We hope that you will choose to stay with us again for your future visits to the Ann Arbor Area.

Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

Everything looks good from the renovation. The walls are paper thin. I jump out of my skin every time my neighbor next door opens their closet door. I can hear the people upstairs and allll the way down the hallway. I requested a room away from the elevator...apparently that means right next to the elevator.... This feels like a Motel 6 except for the nice lobby. Should have stuck with the Hilton properties
Near by.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank AliDog
Korbyn M, Director of Sales at Courtyard Ann Arbor, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and share your feedback from your recent stay. We strive to give the best service and Marriott quality to all of our guests and it is disappointing to hear that we did not meet or exceed your expectations. We hope that you will stay with us again so that we can improve your experience with the Property.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

Very nice extended king room, great service and very clean they even let us have a late check out...loved it and looking forward to staying again. The starbucks coffee in the lobby is a plus. I wish they had a better breakfast and restaurant but that is ok compared to the other benefits

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank vacationum
Korbyn M, Director of Sales at Courtyard Ann Arbor, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Thank you so much for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott for your trip into Ann Arbor and for taking the time to write a review on your stay! We strive to provide the best service for all of our guests and are delighted that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to having you back with us on your next trip to Ann Arbor!

Reviewed 14 March 2014

I travel to AnnArbor frequently on business, and this has been the only hotel I've stayed at on my trips there the past year. It's a terrific property with excellent rooms and a top-notch front desk staff. I've never had a problem, and I've never had to wait for a room, even though I usually arrive to check in before 9AM. Absolutely worth your time and money.

Room Tip: First floor rooms are a bonus, as you're on the same level as the gym and you don;t need to wait...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Korbyn M, Director of Sales at Courtyard Ann Arbor, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Ann Arbor. We truly appreciate your kind words and are delighted that you have enjoyed your experience! We look forward to having you back with us on your future stays!

Reviewed 5 March 2014

The hotel is nice but some of the staff needed some help. First of all the front desk staff that I dealt with Sal and Jessie were AWESOME! They helped out my family and are really good at their position. The hotel was clean and everything was good. The Manager Steve seemed to only say "NO" to people. I watched on how he dealt with some of the guests and I wasn't really impressed. I do write reviews that are good and some that are not, but I am honest with the service that I get when I stay at a property. I am a marriott member and I feel that people should learn from the feedback.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Korbyn M, Director of Sales at Courtyard Ann Arbor, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Thank you so much for your review. We strive to give the best customer service to all of our guests, and it is unfortunate that your entire experience did not meet those expectations. While we try to accommodate all special requests, there are many situations where we are unable to. We truly hope that you will stay with us again in the future and allow us to assist with your group again.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

Another comfortable stay at a Marriott hotel! This Courtyard is conveniently located on the south side of Ann Arbor. It's a great place to stay for a Michigan Wolverine's sporting event. It's convenient to South Campus where all the sporting venues are located, the mall and a number of eating establishments. It is located just off I-94 yet set in a quiet location. We had a King room with a sofa bed, which was nicely appointed. The sofa bed was located in its own space and separated from the main sleeping area by Dutch doors. The king foam bed mattress was very comfortable. The lobby is very modern and includes a Bistro with Starbucks coffee and food for all mealtimes. It's a bit pricey and there is no free breakfast included. However, the service at the Bistro was great as was the front desk.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review from your recent stay at the Courtyard by Marriott in Ann Arbor! We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to having you and your family back with us in the future!