“Cheap and Cheerful”

Courtyard Ann Arbor
Ranked #17 of 35 Hotels in Ann Arbor
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Stayed here for two nights on business. Nothing too special, but quiet enough with plenty of parking and some cheap eats available.
Staff were courteous and helpful, but overall just an average hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Korbyn M, Director of Sales at Courtyard Ann Arbor, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Hello Mike,

We greatly appreciate your review and feedback of the property. I am pleased that you found the staff to be helpful and we look forward to providing you with an above average stay on your next trip into Ann Arbor!

Korbyn May
Director of Sales

Reviewed 16 July 2014

We traveled to Ann Arbor for a family member's large & memorable birthday party. The hotel was in an excellent location for Cobblestone Farm. The service was fine, outside courtyard was a popular place for family to be together in the morning & in between events. Liked the rooms, was very glad to have our rooms near each other to assist with young children. Thank you making our weekend special.

Room Tip: On the Fourth of July be aware of neighboring parking lots being used for fireworks!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Korbyn M, Director of Sales at Courtyard Ann Arbor, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review Eileen. We truly appreciate you choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Ann Arbor for your stay and for taking the time to share your feedback. We hope to have you back in the future for your next trip into Ann Arbor.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Although I personally did not stay at hotel I heard mostly good things from guests staying there for a family weekend event. It was a very busy weekend (I know of at least 3 other blocks that weekend) and the staff accomodated somehow room changes for my guests that requested one shortly after checking in. Seems though that room keys were tempermental. Lobby area and outdoor courtyard were both great places for everyone to hang out and visit late in the evening. Had breakfast in one of the board rooms-plenty of good food and the omlette station was a big hit. Would definitely consider having another room block here if ever need one again!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Ann Arbor for your group block! We appreciate you taking the time to review the property and your guest feedback as well! We look forward to having you back for another group or even a night away for yourselves!

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Right from the check in this place got on the wrong side of me. I waited for someone to emerge from the office which was way longer than any recent experience I have had with any hotel. A guy finally came out and greeted me then immediately answered a phone call, then another one, then another one.
He ultimately called someone else out from the office to check me in. I assume she was some sort of manager and apparently the other guy learned his customer service habits from her. She comes out and, wouldn't you know, answers a phone call and then another one.
Finally, she got around to checking me in. It took her about one minute at that point. I guess if I was running the place I would take care of the person in front of me first and let the phone ring for a minute.
I would let the negative check-in experience go but then she had the nerve to hand me a cheesy hand written card stating that they want to "exceed every expectation." Well, you were a little late at that point. I didn't even bother to report the poor water pressure in the room.
Go ahead and answer your phones, I won't be back.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank arazi1
Korbyn M, Director of Sales at Courtyard Ann Arbor, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Thank you for your feedback and comments. I am very sorry that we did not make you feel like a valued guest and that you had such a poor check in experience. We truly do try to make every effort to meet and exceed expectations and it seems as though we fell short for you. We will review these comments with our staff so that we can improve and hopefully regain your business.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

This was a nice property and we enjoyed our stay. The property was clean and well-maintained. It's not particularly convenient for the center of Ann Arbor, but it is easy enough to find and close to the main road into town.

The staff, I must say, were exceptional, and offered me a roll of wrapping paper when I realized I had forgotten to wrap a wedding present.

The coffee at the post-wedding breakfast, however, left room for improvement...very watery.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback and to write a review. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff was able to assist you with your additional needs! We have also discussed the coffee issue with our Banquet staff in hopes to improve in that area as well! We look forward to having you back with us in the future.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

The staff went out of their way to make sure we had an enjoyable stay. Everyone in our block was very pleased with their room. As a traveling sports team, this was by far the most hospitable hotel we encountered this season.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank coplong
Korbyn M, Director of Sales at Courtyard Ann Arbor, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your review and feedback from your team's stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Ann Arbor. We truly enjoyed having your team with us and look forward to having you back with us for future trips! Thank you again!

Reviewed 15 June 2014

I arrived at an easy to find, convenient location in a very nice part of town. The reception was very polite, the room was spotless, well kept and up-to-date as was the rest of the hotel. All the staff were very attentive and helpful. Exceptional value for money by comparison.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank badttboy

Thank you so much for taking the time to review the property and share your feedback from your recent stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Ann Arbor. We strive to provide our guests with exceptional experiences and look forward to providing you with the same during your future trips to the Ann Arbor area! Thank you again.