“Beautiful and peaceful place to get away”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Au Train
Au Train Lake B&B & Cottage
Ranked #2 of 2 Au Train B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 May 2009

My wife and I stayed at the Au Train B&B in mid-May 2009, just as spring was starting to come out in the U.P. The lodge was a beautiful place to spend a couple days, and it was made even better by the friendly inn-keeper and great breakfasts. We've stayed at quite a few B&Bs over the years and some are better than others - this one definitely is at the top of the list. The scenery from our room and private balcony were ideal - we slept with the windows open just to take in the sounds of nature from right outside. The inn-keeper was very helpful in getting us oriented to the activities in the area, and even made some phone calls for us to help find out hours and schedules. We will stay at this B&B any time we're in the area, and highly recommend it to travelers who want to sleep and travel comfortably but don't want the resort scene.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 6 September 2008

My new wife and I stayed in the Au Train Lake Bed and Breakfast Museum cottage astride the historic Paulson House for our honeymoon. The cottage is very cute and filled with hundreds of tiny fun details. We especially enjoyed having breakfast on the porch which has a perfect view of the sunrise over lake Au Train. If you stay here, you must talk to owner Sue Larson who is very informative and thoughtful. She will tell you which attractions and restaurants to visit, which will make your time here well-spent.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 29 July 2008

My husband and I had to attend a family wedding in the area and couldn't agree on a place to stay until we found the Autrain lake B&B. Never having stayed at a bed a breakfast before, we didn't know what to expect, but it was wonderful . . .sleeping late in a huge fluffy bed and having a gourmet breakfast waiting for us when we traipsed down stairs. The whole experience was incredible. I highly recommend it to those thirty-somethings looking for a unique experience of pampering.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 9 July 2008

I stayed in the B&B and it was absolutely exquisite. The innkeeper, Susan, came out to meet me with an umbrella in a drenching downpour. She showed me to my beautiful room and brought hot tea and a piece of cake. What a delightful welcome! The view from my bedroom was of a smaller lake surrounded by forest. So peaceful I couldn't stop gazing out the window. And the linens! Gorgeous fine linens and a perfectly made, inviting bed. The towels were also lovely, thick and absorbant. Susan is a wonderful cook and her breakfast was delicious and different...and enough for twice as many. What a delightful and cozy place this is.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled solo
1  Thank mcbr

Been to Au Train Lake B&B & Cottage? Share your experiences!