“Great Stay”

Courtyard Detroit Auburn Hills
Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Auburn Hills
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Stayed here to see a concert at DTE Energy Center. Staff was friendly. Room was clean and bigger than I thought it would be for the price. It was a bit tricky to get to, but a great place to stay for a short trip.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 27 July 2014

The place is convenient, clean and recently renovated. The staff is helpful and the rooms are comfortable. Only thing I would say is to check where your room is. Our Marriott rewards says we would like to be away from the elevator; which the staff accommodated. The weird thing in this hotel is in the furthest point from the desk. That means most people in the front half of the hotel stay use the stairs. In giving us the room the absolute farthest from the elevator we were next to a stairwell. Every time that door closed all night it woke us up. I asked in the morning to be moved (which ironically was next to the elevator) and it was perfectly quiet. Just learned to look and see where the room actually is going to be.

Room Tip: Away from the starwell
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I hadn't stayed in a Courtyard for a few years and like the comforts of home, it's something you can count on. The rooms were clean and well appointed, the beds were comfy. I guess I would have liked more than 2 coffee packets in my room, but that's pretty picky. Would not want to stay there without a car, though there is a Taco Bell, a Wendy's and a Tim Hortons within walking distance and more if you want to walk a mile. Very pleasant.

Room Tip: There is only one elevator in one corner of the building (completely opposite corner of the receptio...
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel on 7/12 to attend a Queen/Adam Lambert concert. Stayed here due to the hotel having a shuttle to The Palace. Check in is at 3 and we checked in at 3:51. I was told that they only had 2 shuttles that would run to The Palace and both were full. Both full after 51 minutes? I was given a list of cab companies. This was not what I was planning but taking a cab would have been OK. We had no problem getting a cab to the event. However, we could NOT get one back. I tried for over an hour to contact every cab on the list repeatedly. After midnight most of them stopped answering the phone. Any cab that did show up at The Palace was practically fought over. I finally called the hotel as I was starting to get uncomfortable/unsafe. I was told that they were sending another shuttle but didn't think I could get on it since my name was not on the 'list'. I spotted one of the shuttle vans and flagged it down. The driver was not very happy and was reluctant to let us on. I insisted. How else were we to get back to the hotel? We had to sit on each other's lap but we at least made it back. Overall, a very tense/scary end to what should have been a fun weekend. To rub salt in the wound, the receipt for my stay actually had 'concert' listed under my name.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank OldHeadbngr
Reviewed 3 July 2014

This hotel was perfect for my business trip. Extremely quiet, even though I was on the side facing the highway. The windows minimized any traffic noise. Clean, sophisticated atmosphere. Excellent, friendly staff. Great breakfast served in the lobby, a level above self serve which may or may not be included in your room rate, depending on the plan you purchase. They also serve sandwiches for dinner which were decent---nice to not have to find a restaurant when you are traveling by yourself. STARBUCKS in the lobby was a big plus for me. The room was decent size, nicely decorated. Pool and hot tub were right across the hall, in addition to the workout room. I didn't use these, but I'll be back and prepared next time!

Reviewed 1 July 2014

The place is not well marked and off of the main road. The staff is nice, the place is clean, and WiFi is reliable in your room as well as in the lobby. Breakfast is decent, and they also make lunch and dinner available, although not using a conventional restaurant. The tables in the restaurant area are great for working at though. The restaurant/lounge is open until 10pm, but they have a small "market" with snacks, beer, and softdrinks after hours (until the legal cutoff for beer anyway).

The exercise room is limited to two treadmills, a Star Trac, and some free weights. Open 24 hrs though. They have an indoor pool as well.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

This was a very comfortable hotel for our three day stay. Although the room was average, bathroom crowded with the toilet and door placement. Price not necessarily a bargain we had a special request for a disabled guest and the staff did a perfect job in meeting that need. From the reservation person to the front desk. We found the food adequate, low priced and good sized portions. Wait staff very friendly.
Lots of free parking.

Room Tip: If you want a very quiet room you may want to not have one bordering on the outside patio area.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family