“Nice local getaway”

Ranked #1 of 1 Auburn Hills B&B and Inns
Ann Arbor, MI
“Nice local getaway”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

This beautiful B&B is located in a great area, close to shops, restaurants, Oakland University, downtown Rochester, and nearby the Palace of Auburn Hills. It is set back from the road behind a row of trees on a beautifully landscaped front yard. You cannot hear traffic noises from inside the inn proper or the rooms. We both enjoyed the sit-down breakfast and the chance to visit with others at the breakfast table. My gluten-free, dairy-free version of breakfast was well made, flavorful and unlike anything I'd make for myself at home (aka a real treat!). The hosts were friendly, helpful, approachable and gracious. I have stayed here twice and will definitely return.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 11 January 2014

We stayed here one night after a concert at the Palace. It's only a few miles from there. We stayed in the Mourning Dove and opted for the Divine Dinner Date special. When we arrived, it was after dark and beautifully decorated for Christmas. I wish I had my camera with me. Once inside, it was just as beautiful. While checking in, we were asked when we wanted to go to dinner and then they called the restaurant to put us on the list.

The bedroom was lovely. The bed was comfy. And the fireplace was nice on a cold evening. The breakfast was excellent and the right portion. Not so much that you're stuffed or too little that you are wanting more (we've had both of these scenarios happen at B&B stays in the past).

There are a couple of things that keep me from giving a 5 rating:

I have to agree with one previous poster about the tile in the tub area. It really does need updating. The worn tile takes away from how beautiful the bedroom is.

This room has thin walls. While laying in bed, we could hear the water running behind us. Also, what sounded like drawers opening and closing. The vanity perhaps? Thankfully our fellow guests weren't up late. If I had been sleeping and they decided to fill up the tub, I'm pretty sure I would have been woken up.

This room has a great 4 post bed. However, if you want to watch TV while laying in bed, you must lay sideways, as one of the posts blocks the view of the TV, since the TV is on an angle in the corner of the room. If you're not going to watch TV in bed, than this won't be a problem for you.

Overall, a nice stay. Should I have the opportunity to stay here again, I would try a different room next time.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Cobblestone Manor is a cute b&b with extremely nice hosts. We were in the Oriole Suite which is located in the new construction section (The original manor is quite small - many of the rooms are located in a new construction which seamlessly joins the property). The suite was downstairs in a walk-up basement with natural light through a window cove. The room was nicely furnished with a great 4-poster king bed and gas fireplace. Downsides were a slightly musty smell and very low pressure shower which made rinsing difficult. Breakfast and coffee was very high standard. Would suggest staying in the older portion of the inn - most rooms are very nice - modern at the loss of some character - i.e. renovated not restored. Would recommend others to stay there for an enjoyable evening.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kozy411
asheville
Reviewed 10 August 2013

We have been going to this beautiful establishment for so many years, we feel like we are going home or to see family. We love the Inn but an Inn is only as nice as the owners. While "Living the Dream" is actually another way of saying "Retired", you can see that both Paul and Heather still put their heart and soul into making sure you are completely satisfied with your stay.

You will be awakened by the smells of fresh ground coffee and the breakfast selection of the day wafting into your room. You will know that a wonderful day is getting ready to begin.

Be sure to sample the mouth watering chocolate chip cookies which are available at all times.

You will not find a better place to stay if you are looking for a romantic getaway or simply driving through and stopping in the Auburn Hills area of Michigan. The owners will make you feel like you are "Living the Dream" just as they feel they are.

WE will return.

Room Tip: Leave your bathrobes at home and enjoy the luxurious robes the inn provides. ALL of the rooms are fi...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
San Diego
Reviewed 5 August 2013

My husband and I had the pleasure and good fortune of being guests at the Cobblestone Manor this summer. Ours was an unusual situation. We had just relocated to Michigan from California and my new company put us up here for 30 days while we found a home of our own. When we were originally told we would be living in a B&B for a month, we had some reservations, but were delighted as soon as we arrived. Cobblestone Manor is beautiful. Paul and Heather are the most generous and accommodating hosts we could have imagined. The room was luxurious and we felt right at home. We took walks in the garden, drank wine in the gazebo, watched movies, and got to enjoy the nearby restaurants. I'd be remiss if I didn't mention the incredible breakfasts which included stuffed French toast with orange infused honey, sausage, chili egg puff, fruit, coffee, etc. Delicious! This place is truly a hidden gem and I would encourage folks from near and far to take in its beauty and the warmth of its gracious hosts. Thank you Paul, Heather, Lisa and of course Joe Cocker for making our transition to this great state of Michigan an unforgettable experience. Cheers!

Room Tip: We had the fortune of touring the other rooms on property during our stay. They were all fantastic...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Farmington, Michigan
Reviewed 29 May 2013

I stayed with my boyfriend for 1 night in the Oriole room. We had the entire bottom floor so we managed to peek in the other rooms. Each room was different but very romantic. I highly recommend a night here just to get away and connect.
Breakfast was fabulous the next day. I will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Pick a room with a jacuzzi tub
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank KatieHer
Royal Oak, Michigan
Reviewed 28 April 2013 via mobile

We went for a quick one night away from home. This is our second visit and enjoyed a nice quiet evening. Paul is a wonderful host! Breakfast was outstanding both times we were there. The grounds are lovely. There is a lot to do in the area from walking at Meadowbrook to Oakland University to Great Lakes Crossing Outlets.

Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple