Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - University Drive
Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Auburn Hills
Stoney Creek, ON Canada
“good vaule”
Reviewed 3 December 2012

My wife and I went on a shopping trip to Great Lakes Crossing. Booked this room through Hotwire to save a few dollars. We we very happy with the hotel , not a five star hotel by any means but clean and comfortable and about 8 min from mall. Over all very pleased with the hotel for what we paid for the room. It was located in an industrial area not much around it but that suited us just fine we just wanted to relax after shopping all day.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
RDO_Sarah_L, Owner at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - University Drive, responded to this review, 5 December 2012
Thank you for your recent posting. We appreciate feedback from valued guests like yourselves. I am happy to hear our hotel worked out for you on your recent trip to Great Lakes Crossing. I hope you found lots of bargains! Thank you again for choosing our hotel. We hope to have you back again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Harrison Township, Michigan
Reviewed 10 November 2012

My wife and I have been married for over 30 years now; an she is a clean freak. Let me tell you our room was so clean that she even tried to find something wrong and could not with that being said the room was absolutely fantastic. It had a small kitchenette with full-size refrigerator and a large flat-screen TV. The bed was almost as comfortable as my bed at home. We both had a good nights sleep. The staff was very polite and helpful. As far as location everything that you could possibly need is within a 15-mile radius. However, the room I just cannot say enough. It actually has a computer desk with a lamp that you can plug all of your computers needs into, can you believe it. Our Extended Stay was located in Auburn Hills MI. which is 25 minutes from where we live; this now has become our personal weekend getaway spot. For everything that the room has to offer, YOU CANNOT BEAT THE PRICE. This is a perfect 10 across the board.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
RDO_Sarah_L, Owner at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - University Drive, responded to this review, 12 November 2012
What a glowing review, thank you! Your feedback is very important to us and I cannot thank you enough for the kind words you have shared. I'm so happy to hear that your weekend getaway was a success! Thank you for the business. We look forward to seeing you again on your next weekend away!
Beverly Hills, California
Reviewed 1 November 2012

Extended stay is really amazing! From the Staff to the location everything screams quality. With restaurants right up the street and shopping not too far away it makes for a prime spot if you have to stay for an extended amount of time! The expressways are right there and so are a number of fast food restaurants. A great place to stay!!!!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
RDO_Sarah_L, Owner at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - University Drive, responded to this review, 5 November 2012
Thank you so much for your terrific review. We really appreciate your kind words. We do have a a great location near a ton of restaurants and shopping. I am so glad it's worked out for you. We are happy you chose to stay with us. Thank you again.
Auburn Hills, Michigan
Reviewed 21 October 2012

LET’S FACE IT, we’re not in Paris or Florence nor at The Ritz Carlton or Four Seasons, yet I’ve enjoyed my long-term stay of over 10 months here at this modest hotel. Located within convenient walking distance to good restaurants, Oakland University’s campus, and Auburn Hills Public Library, this newly renamed hotel now called “Extended Stay America” offers great value for the price! For discounted rates, be sure to mention if you’re a member of AAA or the military, a senior citizen, or a student at Oakland University. And an unexpected bonus when staying longer than a month, as ‘a resident’ you’ll receive refundable State of Michigan sales tax! This hotel is frequently booked to full capacity so be sure to make reservations well ahead of your arrival date!

WELL-MAINTAINED ROOMS AND FACILITIES are sufficiently large, bright, comfortable, and SPARKLE due to recent top-to-bottom professional grade deep-cleaning and cheerily colored fresh paint with updated new décor on-the-way! Nearly fully-appointed kitchen (all except an oven), quality Corian counter tops with barstool seating, full-length sliding closet mirrored doors and mature landscape add to convenience and ambiance.

GREAT FOR LONG-TERM EXTENDED STAYS! Business amenities include free Wi-Fi access and local telephone calls. Front desk staff is courteous and happy to print and send faxes. I’m pleased with concierge service which efficiently handles incoming mail and in & out packages. Facilities include brand-new high efficiency washers and dryers and laundering costs are reasonable. Readily available and included is European blend coffee, powdered creamer and sweeteners, towels, tissues, toilet paper, and trash bags. They even offer small packages of Tide, fabric softener, and dish soap if you happen to run out!

As an Oakland University student, I’ve found it’s a quiet, private, comfortable place to study, prepare and eat home-cooked meals, and relax. Also, if you’d rather not ‘hoof-it’ to campus there are newly installed outdoor racks to tether-lock your own bicycle. When taking a study break I can stay updated and entertained by a full line of Cable TV channels including CNBC, CNN, Discovery, ‘E’, ESPN, HLN, Home & Garden, Lifetime, PBS, TLC, TNT, TBS, Travel Channel, USA, Weather Channel, 3 Showtime channels, major networks and more; my only wish beyond these is for ‘The History Channel’!

HOTEL STAFF IS GREAT ABOUT writing up any repair requests that are promptly handled by a full-time skillful and friendly onsite HANDY MAN named JIM – from tightening the shower head to changing a burned out light-bulb. Jim even offered to help me move a piece of furniture to my satisfaction!

FRONT DESK CLERK, ADAM, was kind enough to locate and bring several extra pieces of dinnerware I needed when settling in.

MANAGEMENT HAS BEEN HOSPITABLE about listening and responding to my concerns with earnest aim to resolve any issues.

On-the-whole my stay here has been pleasant, worthwhile and meets my satisfaction with high marks.

WISH LIST: Vending machines offering healthier selections for late night study snacks & The History Channel! 

Room Tip: Rooms on south side are brighter. Rooms on the north side have a better view. (There is NO pool - pr...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
Sarah L, Owner at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - University Drive, responded to this review, 22 October 2012
Thank you so much for your incredible review of your stay with us. I cannot tell you how much we appreciate feedback like yours. It helps us know how our product, brand and amenity changes are being viewed by our loyal, long term guests such as yourselves. Thank you for sharing with us. I am so happy you have enjoyed your stay and it's terrific to hear the staff was so accomodating. Thank you again!
alburnhills
Reviewed 17 October 2012

my stay at the homestad studio was excellent the staff was great i got to see mangment the whole expernce was great.the rooms are clean they have every thing you need from full size friges to cable and fast internet.i will be back here every time i have to out of town..

Room Tip: everyone there is so frendly.call ahead of time to book a room there gone quick.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
Sarah L, Owner at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - University Drive, responded to this review, 19 October 2012
Thank you for your review. I appreciate you sharing feedback from your stay with us. It's great to hear that management and staff took wonderful care of you. We are happy you choose to stay with us. Thank you for your business!
Auburn Hills, Michigan
Reviewed 12 September 2012

This is my third week in a new position that is 100 miles from home which would be a long drive on a daily basis. The last two weeks I have been at Homestead Studio Suites four nights each week and it has been great. Comfortable bed, nice TV with good channels, and a kitchen with everything you need to cook almost anything you would want to. I will stay here again and again and you should too.

Room Tip: Use priceline to get the best deal.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - University Drive, responded to this review, 17 September 2012
Thank you so much for your posting. I’m very happy to hear you felt at home while staying with us at our hotel. It is very rewarding to get feedback like yours.

The staff and I hope your new position is working out well. Please continue to reach out to us if we can do anything else to make your stay more comfortable. Thank you once more!
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 9 September 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 6 months. The initial period of stay was good but then it started to worsen.
Check-in, room change were very fast. We were enjoying the stay for some time. Housekeeping was good, front desk was ok.Then after a few months, the housekeeping staff started skipping my room, almost every other alternate week. They never cleaned properly, I had to clean the room for most of the time. One of the female receptionists on the front desk is very rude. I also lost my mails, magazines. The rates used to be good but they increased. I was getting a better deal at the same price so I shifted.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - University Drive, responded to this review, 13 September 2012
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I want to apologize for the inconveniences and poor service you received while with us towards the end of your stay. Like most extended stay hotels, our hotel provides different levels of housekeeping service based on the length of our guest’s stay, with additional services available for a nominal charge. I regret that we did not properly explain our services to you, and caused your stay to be less than satisfactory. Obviously, our staff training failed during your stay, something that I have brought to the attention of our staff with the expectation that such an incident will not occur again.

It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying. I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other brand location in the future.