“Dont want to extend my stay”

Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - University Drive
Ranked #16 of 18 Hotels in Auburn Hills
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Front desk was great, room OK, Mattress is fine if you're a ten year old. I've stayed in some cheaper places but the mattresses were comfy. This place has the worst mattress, NO box springs, just a wood box. For an a extended stay I would not recommend this place for that fact alone, hope my back can survive a week at this place. I travel for work and in seven years I've never complained online, but this was bad.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - University Drive, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am so sorry to hear that the mattresses are very uncomfortable for you. I do apologize sincerely for this matter. I will make sure that I address this with higher officials within my company.

I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at auh@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

I stayed here for one night on a family trip after shopping. I was extremely surprised at how great it was. The location was fantastic. It was in a safe and nice area. We parked our car right next to the door. Check-in was painless and quick. The rooms were cleaner and bigger than I expected. The beds were comfortable. There was a fridge, a stove, plates and cutlery, which I didn't expect at all. We were on the third floor away from everyone, so everything was quiet. The complimentary breakfast was a good effort. It was just free coffee, oatmeal, fruits and muffins, but it was better than nothing. Overall, it was great value for what we paid. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - University Drive, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad to hear that your check in was quick and painless. We take pride in offering a quiet and comfortable environment that our guest can call it their “home away from home”. I am happy to hear that our hotel exceeded your expectations.

Reviewed 4 August 2013

I've lived here for almost 18 months and have enjoyed the excellent service and friendly staff. The monthly rate, while more expensive than an unfurnished apartment, is reasonable. The front desk staff is very responsive. The accommodations, however, are merely adequate. Internet service can be very slow. During rain storms, the satellite television system malfunctions. The thermometer on the air/heat system isn't accurate. In the winter, the suite can be either too hot or too cold. In short, this property isn't and doesn't claim to be a five-star hotel. But it is good for the price paid.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - University Drive, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

Johnnie - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Please accept our apologies that the A/C in your room was not working properly and that our WiFi was a bit slow. I will have our maintenance engineer look into these issues and work to correct them as soon as possible. Still, we are pleased to know that we were able to provide you with great customer service.

The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We hope you will stay with us in the future.

Reviewed 6 May 2013

My husband and I stayed here from March to August and we had nothing but problems with our room and services. Our room was nice and clean but we consistently had problems with the front desk staff. We were continually told one thing by one staff member then told a different policy by another. This meant we had to jump through hoop after hoop to get a straight answer about something. Also the wireless internet is horrible which made it extremely difficult to keep in contact with our family and friends back home in Indiana. If you're staying here for just a week or so this place is great, but anything longer than that we would recommend looking elsewhere for lodging.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Elise S
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - University Drive, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that our internet service and front desk staff did not meet your expectations. In response to your feedback, I am working on upgrading our internet service and making sure all front desk agents are properly trained on all policies and procedures. Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Reviewed 14 April 2013

In general the room was clean and spacious, the bed was comfy, but the blankets quite thin.
The refrigerator was starting at least once an hour, which was extremely loud, so you woke up out of your sleep.
My room was not so near to a wireless repeater. The internet access was unstable and speed didn’t really exist.
The dishes and forks weren't cleaned properly. For a kitchen, there should be some basics, like salt/pepper/oil to cook or detergent to wash the dishes.
Energy efficiency??? The shower had only one control. Waste of water and costs!!!! There should be one for temperature and one for the amount of water.
I asked the staff for an additional blanket; since I didn't want to have the heating creates additional noise during the night. There answer was: I should buy one in a local store!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - University Drive, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2013

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. We appreciate the kind comments about the cleanliness and spaciousness of the rooms as well as your remarks on how comfy the beds are. However, I am sorry to hear that your blankets were thin. We do have extra blankets that can be given to guests at their request. I am sorry that this was not communicated to you properly. As well, I am also sorry to hear that the fridge was loud, dishes were not clean, and the wireless internet was not working properly. I do sincerely apologize for these issues and take them very seriously. To ensure that a situation like yours does not happen again, my team will provide clarification on the amenities we have during the check in process and provide better customer service in regards to guests requests. Also I will speak with upper management regarding the wireless internet service.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at auh@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Reviewed 23 March 2013

When I first walked into my room it was very cold. The heat was turned off completely. It took hours to get the room comfortable to sleep in. The bathroom was in need of some repairs. There was broken tile and the shower heat was leaking at the base. The shower surround was in need of a recaulking too. In my opinion the hotel could use some TLC all over. Carpet was bleached in a few spots and the walls were beat up. The room I stayed in you could actually see an extension cord under the carpet. Not the worst place I have stayed in but not the best for what I payed.

• Stayed: March 2013
RDO_Sarah_L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - University Drive, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2013

Thank you for taking the time to publish a review of your stay with us. I want to apologize for the issues you experienced. I am so sorry to hear it was cold in your room upon arrival. That is definitely not our practice as we want our guests to be comfortable especially in the colder months in Michigan. I was disappointed to hear of the bathroom issues with the shower head, tile, etc. As a result of your review, I am working with our maintenance staff to ensure these deficiences are handled immediately. Thank you again for staying with us. I do hope you will give us another try on your next visit to Auburn Hills.

Reviewed 11 March 2013

My family and I really enjoyed staying at this hotel it was very clean and nice, and staff was friendly. The only problems I had was my extra blanket they gave me had hair all over it, but the staff quickly apologized and gave me another one, and the shower head was broken in the shower instead of spraying it poured out. Other than those two minor problems I would definitely stay here again and recommend this hotel

• Stayed: March 2013
RDO_Sarah_L, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - University Drive, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2013

It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. Our company motto is ""Excellence Every Day, Every Way,"" and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.
Again, thank you very much for the positive review and feedback that you provided. I do apologize regarding the blanket and shower head. I am glad my hotel staff provided you with another blanket upon your request and handled the situation in a timely and professional matter. The shower head has been fixed due to your feedback in the matter.