“home away from home”

Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Auburn Hills
Milton, Canada
“home away from home”
Reviewed 21 July 2013 via mobile

We watched the Beyonce concert and did some shopping at Crossings outlet. Hotel is very close to both locations. we stayed in a studio suite with a queen bed pullout. Room came equipped with a stove, dishwasher and suite. There was a separate living area. Bed was comfy. Hotel is not brand new but is well-maintained. We enjoyed our hot breakfast (waffles, bread, cereal, oatmeal, scrambled egg, bacon, hard boiled egg, muffins and fruit were available). Staff were very friendly and helpful especially lady at the breakfast area. They had an outdoor pool and sitting area there as well.

• Stayed July 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 15 July 2013

I stayed two nights at this hotel in April 2013 because the hotel I usually stay in was full. The lobby and rooms are serviceable and clean - no frills. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Small kitchen in the room was nice. I would recommend this hotel for someone who is staying more than a few nights and wants to prepare some of their own meals.

Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 12 July 2013

I stayed with my 2 teenagers in this hotel for 5 nights. We loved the facilities, the laundry room was very useful, the dining area was small but confortable, the staffs were very friendly and our room was big and very well maintained. We could sleep very well as our room was quiet and our beds were very cozy. We really recommend this hotel to stay…

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Pune, India
Reviewed 19 June 2013

I stayed in hotel room no 240 for 2 months from April 2013 till June 2013. Very good hotel, below list are the list which I found best amongst the other hotel in this area
1) basketball court
2)Complimentary breakfast
3) dinner (Tuesday, wed and thurs)
4) Cricket match organized every month
5) Complimentary travelling to nearby good places every month (weekends) such as Great lakes crossing.
6) Very cheap laundary services.
7) Every room has fridge, electric burner, cooking utensils, oven

and finally very friendly working staff.

You can get every worth of the booking amopaid to the hotel

Room Tip: Room heading towards the swimming pool are quieter. Room 113 and 238 lot bigger
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank rahul_dk3
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 19 June 2013

My cousins and our children and I decided to visit family in Michigan and because there was 6 of us we wanted to get one room and have enough beds for everybody. Sonesta fully accomodated not only the 6 of us but 3 of my other family member hung out and were able to sleep on the pull out sleeper/sofa. We enjoyed our stay. The room was clean and the kids loved that they could hook up their games to the tv and had a basket ball court. The kitchen area was stocked with pans and pots and dishes and had a good sized refrigerator for storing our leftovers food. The best thing about the room was the 2 full baths. This made for easy morning getting dressed and ready to go. The staff could have been a little friendlier especially when we wanted to use the grill and found to our dismay there was no propane. My cousin had to buy a propane tank (the hotel fully reimbursed her ) but the desk attendant acted as if it was not her problem to deal with. That was the only issue we had within the hotel. The road entering the parking lot is in real serious need of repairs and we entered and exited through the adjacent hotel's entrance. The potholes were so big you tires could fit in them. All in all the hotel was good and we had a very enjoyable experience. The breakfast was good and my family and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed 6 June 2013

My wife and I made a trip there to shop at Great Lakes Crossing...We are frequent travellers and made the decision to stay here after seeing it on the net...One night stay, nothing special however Susan Nowakowski the GM of this place and her staff have customer service down to a science. They make you feel like family and are always around to have any questions answered...The dinner at night with the meatloaf and mashed potatoes was awesome and the breakfast in the morning...Fantastic, Susan even came over to our table when she was coming into work to see how everything was...From the front desk, to the kitchen, to passing people in the hall, Michigan hospitality was at its finest and we're Canadian, we're supposed to be nice but this was great...Very close to the Palace and any shopping you need to get to...Rooms are nice, suites are huge, good showers, only piece I would pick at is guys-you have to update your TV's...its 2013, the old school 500 pound set box TV's are a thing of the past...Time to update to flat panel and get some movies in there (for extra revenue)

Susan, you are phenomenal and your staff is the same because of the example you set...Well done and keep it up, we'll bring the fam back for a Tigers game this summer!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Hampstead, Maryland
Reviewed 5 June 2013

Stayed at the Sonesta ES in Auburn Hills for two weeks while attending some corporate training. I had a one bedroom suite on the second floor of the hotel directly above the utility room where the sprinkler valves and equipment are located (this becomes important). The room was very nicely appointed with a full kitchen, full-size refrigerator, two televisions and a very nice bathroom. The room was very clean and nicely decorated. The full breakfast that is served each morning is the best I have had in a long time. They had several hot food choices each morning in addition to the cold cereal, oatmeal, fruit, yogurt and breads. Dinner is also included Tuesday through Thursday each week. The dinners were also very good with varied food choices.

The common areas of the hotel were very nicely decorated and very clean. The free wi-fi worked well the entire time that I was there. They also have a business center with two computers and a printer, all which were free.

The hotel is located directly across the street from the Silverdome, which was without a roof when I was there. There are also several restaurants and stores located a convenient distance from the hotel.

The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful, except during the times when the fire alarm was going off.

The one downside to the stay was the fire alarms which went off three nights in the middle of the night. The alarms went off for a few minutes on three nights between the hours of midnight and 4 am. My big problem was that once the alarm was silenced in the rest of the hotel, the alarm in the mechanical room directly beneath my room continued to sound for at least 15 minutes. This made it impossible to get back to sleep. When I asked the front desk staff about this, they seemed indifferent to my lack of sleep. Also, the hotel offered me no discount or other compensation for the inconvenience of being awakened by the fire alarm three nights during my stay.

Overall, this is a very nice hotel that I would recommend to anyone that needs to stay in the greater Detroit area for an extended period of time.

Room Tip: Don't take the room on the second floor closest to the main road.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business