“stayed 5 weeks-would stay again” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sonesta ES Suites Auburn Hills

Sonesta ES Suites Auburn Hills
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Auburn Hills
Seattle, Washington
“stayed 5 weeks-would stay again”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

I travel a lot for work so am picky about where I stay. Remodeling was going on but you don't make a place better without it. I found the studio to be tiny and was moved to a one bedroom after two weeks. Loved it. I only had one problem with this place and that was housekeeping. The worse I have ever seen. Basically consists of new towels and emptyinh wastebaskets. I had to specifically request to have floors swept. I should have just bought a broom myself. Otherwise I would have gone with 5 stars. It got a little noisy the last week there with families. There were smells of various foods but it didn't follow me in the room so big deal. Having a kitchen is one reason to stay there. The staff was nice and accommodating. I would stay here again.

1 Thank washingtonholly3009

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Tampa, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

Hotel is remodeling, had to take mildly warm shower. Ran only hot water in shower, I was still COLD. Front desk did send maintenance while I was out, but I guess they didn't check the shower....hot water worked in kitchen but not shower....YIKES can't live without a HOT shower.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank vyonke
Kalamazoo, Mi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

Proximity to the Pistons and Chrysler make this an ideal choice if you need to be in Auburn Hills. Rooms are large, well arranged, plenty of outlets and clean. Lighting is OK, but could be better (but this is a common compliant for me among all brands I stay at). Worthy of your patronage.

Review collected in partnership with Sonesta

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

When we checked in at 3:30 a.m because of flight delays, we were worried about checking in and room availability. The gentleman who checked us in was so nice and told us he had been expecting our arrival and inquired as to how we were. When I told him we had stayed at Sonesta Suites in myrtle Beach, he said that they were in the process of renovating and hoped it would be ok compared to the other Sonesta. I was leery at first because the hallways were not very clean because of construction debri but our room was clean and lovely. Construction started fairly early with a lot of noise but we were already up and going. They did have to shut the water to our room off for an hour but they called and asked us when would be a good time to do it. I was impressed with the friendliness of the staff and their willingness to assist. Would definitely stay there again, especially after renovation!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Grand Rapids, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

When we checked in, there was HUGE construction noise throughout the hotel. Concerned about the noise I asked what are the hours that the workers will be there working? I was told they are not to start until 10 am and finish before 5pm. Okay, off to the room. Walking down the hallway, which was dirty from the construction mess, my husband and I both were smacked in the face with the most disgusting smell!! Some kind of funky gross curry smell, mixed with high humidity levels that plague this hotel for some reason. Gross! When we opened our hotel room door, the smell was in there too...so Gross! The room was musty, humid, hot and stinky. There was dark curly hair on the bath floor and the tv's were old box style with non working remotes. The bed was awful, sheets felt "moist" all night and the smell was relentless. After being out at an event until after 1:00am we were looking forward to sleeping in a bit...well...We were awoken at 8:10 am to the lovely sound of pounding and hammering in the room above us. Apparently the construction workers aren't aware of the "not starting till 10am" rule. Upon check out, I stopped to let them know that the noise above us started at 8:10am, the young man behind the desk took a handful of Skittles and put them in his mouth and then went on to eat them while saying to us, "oh man, sorry bout that". Yup, that is top notch, classy customer service work right there. Save your money, stay some place else.

Room Tip: No quiet rooms here with the hotel construction, not to mention the road is torn up and is very diff...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank DMBLove
Auburn Hills
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

Outstanding new décor....rooms are exceptionally comfortable! Location of amenities/new batrooms and shower heads/new kitchen appliances/larger flatscreen TV's/exceptional bedding/new curtains,,,everything was outstanding!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Sonesta

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

Staff was very Friendly , Rooms were very clean, all of the Guestrooms have Kitchens , I heard the property is going to have a Renovation very soon . I saw a board with all of the new items and it sure does look like this is going to be a Great looking Hotels in a short time , I will be back very soon

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Ellie B, Director of Sales at Sonesta ES Suites Auburn Hills, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Thank you for your kind comments regarding our friendly staff and clean hotel. Like you many guest enjoy our spacious suites with kitchens whether staying one night or one month. We are thrilled about the 6 million dollar investment Sonesta is making into our hotel this year. Each guest suite will be completly remodeling with new kitchens, bathrooms, flooring and furniture by the end of the summer. We can't wait for your return and addtional feedback!!