“Old but remodeling is taking in place currently.”

Comfort Suites Auburn Hills
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Auburn Hills
Romulus, Michigan
“Old but remodeling is taking in place currently.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights. Unfortunately, we were assigned a room on the third floor. Our first impression about this hotel being that it's comfort suites was good prior to check-in. Soon afterwards, we noticed that this hotel needs renovation in the room. Mattress was ok to sleep in. Sausage links and eggs were great choice for Breakfast. They also had four juice choices options.

On the second day, I saw remodeling taking in place on the second floor. They were installing larger flat screen tvs and furniture on the floor wrapped. I spoke to other guest and they told me that new owners took this hotel over and that they are improving this place for the better.

I surely know that this place will surely meet my standards next time I am in town. I know I will return because my wife loved their sausage links and eggs. Keep up the great work!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Simon S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Aylmer, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013

We stayed at this hotel for two nights. We found it to be smelly, filthy, poorly staffed, and not cheap. The staff did not respond to our requests. They walked around sullen and annoyed-looking. The breakfast was fresh, but the counters were not wiped, and neither were the tables. The hallways were not vacuumed, the pool area was in such a state of disrepair that I wondered if it was safe. The furniture in our bedroom was broken, the screen door to our patio was ripped, the chair on the patio was broken, and the carpet had a sticky feel to it. Everywhere on the hotel furniture there were smudge marks. It was icky. We are not a very fussy family, but this was unacceptable. We will never stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Kamjaf
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

Dirty! Stains on walls. Stains on lampshades. Hole in door. Broken chair. Overall gross. There was a hole in the ceiling where the sprinkler casing should have been. The shower head was pulled from the wall. Do not stay here.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Asoume
Sylvania, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

We decided to stay overnight after a concert at DTE rather than driving back to Toledo. We arrived late and were very tired. The room was like a sauna when we walked in. Despite the hot, humid weather, the air conditioning was not on--even a low setting. Then when we did turn it on, it made a whirring screech all night long. The refrigerator did not work and the sofa bed was in such disrepair the cushions sank all the way below the frame of the couch when it was folded in and when it was out, the mattress is so worn, it was like not having one at all. The carpet on the rear entrance steps is extremely dirty and in need of serious cleaning--it really makes you feel like this is a uncleanly place.

We were too tired to complain that night and simply got up early and left the next morning. I didn't get the feeling that there is much money going into upkeep at this hotel.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Boston
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2013

The Good:
- Friendly, helpful desk staff
- Convenient location
- Comfortable bed
- good water pressure/good shower
- good towels
- Breakfast

The Bad:
- the hotel is badly in need of a makeover
- Room not real clean, funky odor, burn holes in rugs
- Mildewed/smelly shower curtain
- Room not vaccumed for 8 days
- Nasty/worn-out furniture
- Loud/rowdy weekend crowd
- Room fridge iced over, no room for food in freezer.
- Spotty room cleaning; different things missed daily
- "Security" doors taped permanently open
- Poor room-to-room soundproofing

Will choose a different hotel next time.

Room Tip: Avoid the room that looks over the pool room roof. The view of the dirty, littered roof area is nas...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
alger, mi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2013

We have stayed multiple times at this hotel when we are traveling through the area. It is convenient, rooms are roomy and clean, staff is very friendly and accommodating. The pool is nice and clean.....................would like it open one hour later in the evening. The breakfast is always good and plentiful.

Room Tip: Usually stay in room 112 or 114. It's close to everything and on the first floor
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TopKat2010
Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2013

This COULD be such an amazing hotel but they are definitely lacking in details. When I was checking in another guest came down with a bag of trash she found in her room, I probably should have known better! I got checked in and got sent to a room that was still being cleaned. I waited for 15 minutes to get a new room. THis isn't a big deal for me as I work in the hotel industry and believe me, I know stuff happens. That being said, housekeeping was subpar. Hairs on bathroom floor, bedding was clean but didn't look put together. It's nice that you have a fridge/micro though. My biggest complaint was the desk staff. At first the girl at the front desk was awesome. Lots of good information and super friendly! However, I was there for a concert with a friend. The front desk associate suggested a cab to the Palace and said it would be $6. We reserved a cab for 6:30. At 6:10 the phone was ringing saying the cab was here. We weren't ready! So we had to rush to get ready, the front desk called AGAIN to let us know the cab was there. When we got down the cab driver was ready to take ANOTHER fare because we weren't ready at 6:10 when we had asked for a cab at 6:30. Totally ridiculous. Then the cab ride was $20! Now the front desk agent did say it would be difficult to get a cab after but to get the driver's number which we did. When we left the concert there wasn't a cab in sight. We waited FOR AN HOUR outside of the Palace to find a cab. We tried calling the driver that took us there three times and he was pretty aloof about it all. We finally got a cab by basically standing at the entrance and getting the cab before anyone else. I wish they would have told us this at the desk. Obviously they've never taken a cab to the Palace or they would know it's $20 not $6 and that getting a cab back is hardly worth the hassle. If we hadn't had the cab fiasco I could probably over look the overall cleaning and rundown hotel room. I get it, it's expensive to up keep but make sure you know what you are talking about when you are sending people to places!

Room Tip: If you are going to a concert DO NOT TAKE A CAB! Not worth the hassle at all.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends