“Family Weekend”

Comfort Suites Auburn Hills
Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Auburn Hills
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Months ago with my first stay, I would have given this hotel a 1 rating. But after a letter was written regarding my original stay, the present manager went above and beyond offering me a "second chance" to change my view.

We stayed over the first weekend in August and everything was perfect this time. My room was amazing. I had my 2 grandchildren and the room had a door that separated it from a small living area. It was perfect for my needs.

The room was clean and the beds and pillows were great. It also had a microwave and refrigerator for baby needs.

I will return to this hotel as my family lives in and around Rochester Hills area and is very convenient.
Thank you again Cameron, general manager, for your hospitality....

• Stayed: August 2014
Cameron K, General Manager at Comfort Suites Auburn Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2014

Thank you for allowing me to have the chance to change your mind about our hotel. I am sincerely pleased that we have had the honor to have you at our hotel again. I am thrilled that you have utilized our amenities and our appliances inside of our rooms. We can't wait until you visit us again.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

literally! The hotel has only 3 floors but you will wait close to 5 minutes for the elevator to come. How is this even possible? But to be honest, that is my only complaint. The staff was friendly, the breakfast was adequate, the rooms are clean and the location is convenient. Really, what else could you want? Oh, and if you face the back of the hotel you'll have a lovely view of the lake plus a terrace. So be patient and wait for the elevator, it will eventually come.

Room Tip: Request a room with a view of the lake.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Cameron K, General Manager at Comfort Suites Auburn Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay. I aprreciate the comments you've mentioned about our hotel. We take great pride in our staff, rooms, and breakfast. Our location adds as a bonus, being that it is set in the middle of many attractions in the area. I do apologize about the wait for the elevator. Despite the elevator trouble, I hope you stay with us again in the future

Reviewed 23 June 2014

The staff were all Great and the room (320) was nice and had a beautiful view of the lake. I don't travel often, but this was the best hotel I have stayed in. It was quiet and clean. All three of the front desk people I spoke with (Friday Night 6/20/2014, Saturday 6/21/2014 and then Sunday morning 6/22/2014) were all very nice and helpful. The cleaning staff were friendly.

Also, I thought breakfast was good.

When I am in Auburn Hills and need a place to stay this is where I will stay.

Room Tip: Stayed on the 3rd floor (Room 320) had an excellent view of the lake
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Cameron K, General Manager at Comfort Suites Auburn Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

First off, I want to thank you for staying with us. I am glad that you enjoyed your room and also the peaceful scenery just looking out from the window. Also, I am honored that our hotel holds such a high value to you as it does to me. I have shared your comments with the staff and they are pleased to have been mentioned. We hope you stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

My first night in the hotel Nadine did not seem very friendly and didn't seem like she wanted to be there. the rest of the family felt as such as she was trying to rush them away from the counter. To make a long story short out of two rooms four beds there was stains on the sheets the bed skits were nasty on all of them. The next night as the family was coming in from sight seeing you arrived to police the staff seemed to have lost control. As i was coming up an down from the third floor were there was chicken bones on the floor and in the elevator i finally said something at 10 o'clock pm at 12 i mentioned it again to a different staff and at 2 they were still there. To make matters worse i woke up in the morning an all but one was picked up which leaves me to believe that a guest picked it up but I don't know. This was a very unhappy stay an when i come again it will not me here.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Nadiya G
Cameron K, General Manager at Comfort Suites Auburn Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

On behalf of the staff, I do apologize for any inconvencience that you have experienced. I have brought this to my front desk staff's attention and they are working hard to improve guest satisfaction overall. I appreciate the feedback on the night of your stay.We are working hard to correct any issues or problems within our hotel/staff. It is only our hope that you will give us another chance and consider staying with us in the near future.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

The staff was very professional and nice before are stay and setting up the stay. Definitely worth the monies paid for a night's stay at a hotel. The remodeling is very nice and the spaciousness of the rooms are great. What I like about the suites in general is the rate is definitely comparable to the number of individuals who can stay in a room which is great when you are coordinating a group trip.
The only cons about the overall experience were: If you driving to fast you will miss the hotel as if is behind some other businesses. When we arrived our rooms were not ready which was not good since we arrived after 4 pm.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for staying with us. Also, thank you for noticing our newly renovated, spacious rooms. I do apologize that the room was not ready at the time of check-in and I hope you will consider staying with us again despite the inconvenience you have experienced.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Great job on the remodeling! Awesome service by Lo !! The rooms are clean and the price is right. Convenient location, closer to the freeway, shopping and restaurants. This place also has a nice indoor heated pool.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your kind words. I am thrilled that you have enjoyed our pool and clean rooms. I hope you will stay with us in the future.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Hello all reading,

I have spent most of my career on the road. I recently stayed at the Comfort Suites in Auburn Hills MI. If you are in town for work or play, I would HIGHLY recommend this property.
It is located close to various attractions from the Palace of Auburn Hills (new sports arena) to Chrysler Technical Center (world headquarters) to the quaint city of Rochester and near great shopping too.

So what make me really appreciate a hotel….The STAFF! I will go on record stating you will not be disappointed. It’s a rare thing to experience a staff the truly cares. A special mention to Nadine, she is always smiling and tries to make you feel like home. Also I have to mention Camron, the manager. He too always takes the time to greet guest and to ensure your stay is the best possible. Thanks for reading and thanks to the staff at the Comfort Suites in Auburn Hills MI.

As Arnold says, “I’ll be back!!!” :)

Mr Bill!!

Room Tip: The top two levels have great balconies overlooking a beautiful lake!! Extremely peaceful and quite...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Bill H

Bill: thank you for taking the time to compliment our hotel. The hotel is set inside the heart of many great attractions. Our front desk staff and I are honored to have the pleasure of assisting you with whatever you need. I have shared your comments with the staff and they are delighted to have been recognized. I hope you will stay with us again in the future.