Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - Featherstone Rd.
Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Auburn Hills
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Frederick and his professional team are the warmest hotel staff that I can ever remember. They are welcoming, efficient & generous with their time in order to make you stay as comfortable as possible. As a consequence I stay there whenever I’m in the area, knowing I will be treated with respect. My room is always very well prepared, clean & tidy. The check-in / outs are always smoothly handled, there is never a glitch. The rooms are secure & the parking is safe. Logistically very close to all major sporting amenities, local towns & shopping.
Well done the team of Featherstone Extended Stay; keep up the good work.

Room Tip: Book direct to the hotel, they will work you in, even at short notice.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 16 July 2012

Thank you very much for such a positive review of your experience with us. It's so great to read such positive feedback. I'm happy to hear Frederick and team took such great care of you. We appreciate your continued business very much, thank you!

There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - Featherstone Rd.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

I had a family emergency and needed to stay in the Auburn/Rochester Hills area for 5 weeks. I drove around and checked out at least 6 hotels. Frederick at the Extended stay was very nice and accommodating. this was an unexpected situation so price was a big consideration. There were a couple motels with a lower weekly rate but they did not even have mini refrigerators. This extended stay has full size refrigerator, complete kitchen stove microwave and living room Any other long term stay properties were much more expensive, Taking into consideration the cleanliness of the Extended stay and also how nice it looks, and all the amenities like complimentary breakfast, work out room etc - it was an easy choice and a great value. The staff is very friendly and we are having a wonderful stay. I highly recommend this property!
Linda D

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank LAD_11
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - Featherstone Rd., responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2012

Dear Linda,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of your stay at our Extended Stay Deluxe – Detroit Auburn Hills. Your experience is exactly what we hope to hear. It’s great to hear that our price, our product and our staff were a perfect fit for you. We appreciate your kind words and thank you for your business. We hope you will use our hotels again soon.

Reviewed 22 April 2012

I am a medical student who rotates at St, Joesph's Mercy, extended stay auburn hills/featherstone has been like a second home. The staff is so friendly, accommodating and helpful. They always make you feel like family with their warm smiles and cheerful hello. The rooms are great for students you are provided with everything you may need from a full sized fridge to a dvd player. They also provide high speed internet that is always working. There is also a gym with working equipment and it is kept clean by the hardworking staff. It is an amazing place to stay long term and you really are treated like family.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - Featherstone Rd., responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2012

Thank you so much for your glowing review of your stay at our Extended Stay Deluxe Detroit – Auburn Hills. I appreciate how well you spoke of our staff and our hotel. It’s always great to hear that we are delivering on our commitment of great guest service. To hear we treated you like family is a very high compliment. Thank you again for your kind words and your business.

Reviewed 21 April 2012

I am a student from another State and being away from home is already difficult, but living at E.S. (as we call it) made the transition easier! They have furniture, light fixtures, tv with a dvd player ad so many more amenities i.e kitchen and dishes! The best thing about it though is the friendly and hard working staff!!!!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Cara J
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - Featherstone Rd., responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2012

Thank you for your great review of your stay at our Extended Stay Deluxe – Auburn Hills. Your sentiments are exactly what we want to hear; we're thrilled to have created a home away from home for you. Thank you for staying with us and we are very happy you are enjoying your stay.

Reviewed 19 April 2012

The staffs are friendly and helpful. If there is a problem with the room or it does not meet your standards, the staffs are available to fix the problem promptly.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay Deluxe Detroit – Auburn Hills. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location.

Reviewed 14 January 2012

First, I must say I was given an awesome deal for my New Year's Eve stay.
That said, the room was large and the in room kitchen and kitchen supplies were an awesome extra.
My only issue was the cleanilness.
Now, I have seen many worse, and would never go back.
I just feel they need to spend a little more time on the extra cleaning I adore in better hotels.
But again, the price for the room was very good.

I would rather spend a little extra for the exquisite cleanliness I desire.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - Featherstone Rd., responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2012

Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at Extended Stay Deluxe Detroit - Auburn Hills - Featherstone Rd.. I know how committed we are to satisfying our guests, which is why it gave me great pleasure to read your kind words about our staff. Given this commitment, it was with great concern that I read the rest of your account. You have my most sincere apologies that your stay wasn't totally enjoyable.

Reviewed 2 October 2011

I arrived at this location on October 1st, 2011. I was told to park in the back for easy access to my room. I was greeted by trash near the back entry door, as well as the whiff of marijuana being smoked on the first floor. The swimming pool is outside and could not be used by my kids because it is now closed for the season. The suite was not equiped with hangers in the closet for your clothing. The bedroom area of the suite did not have a television. Do not wste your time and hard earned money as I did. I checked out the next morning and walking directly across their parking and booked a room with their competitor.

Room Tip: Choose elsewhere
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business