“Good value, okay accommodations” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - Featherstone Rd.

Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - Featherstone Rd.
Ranked #14 of 17 Hotels in Auburn Hills
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Good value, okay accommodations”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

We stayed at this hotel on July 20, 2013. What we got for the price was good. Our main complaint was excess hair in the bathroom and poor drainage in the tub. We reserved three rooms and everyone mentioned the hair in their bathroom. Some of the towels and wash clothes should be put out of commission as they have stains on them. Overall the rooms and hotel itself are clean so I wouldn't not discourage anyone from giving it a try, it's just not up to my standards. Should I ever go back to Detroit, I may try an Extended Stay America at another location.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - Featherstone Rd., responded to this review, 26 July 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the housekeeping concerns. I have reviewed our linen processing procedures with our team team to make sure all of our lines are fresh for our guests. Thank you again for your review. It would be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Oscoda, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

My stay here at the hotel has been great and it was very beneficial to me being a law student and not knowing the area. Staying here saved me money since I didn't have to bring furniture, or worry about the utility bills or extras. And not knowing the area and looking for an apartment, Extended Stay really helped me out financially for my first term. Plus the law school is only a couple of blocks away from the hotel.
They helped me out by putting me in an area where my neighbors were not noisy and I was able to study. Housekeeping staff is great and stayed on top of cleaning my rooms weekly if I needed. The extra amenities like dish drainer, cooking utensils and spoons, forks, coffee machine, dishwasher, were all great.
I just basically had to worry about buying my own food being my cost other than room payments which they worked out as monthly payments. I am happy with my stay here at Extended Stay in Auburn Hills, its close to major shopping and hospitals, economic and convenient. Again, the management and staff are very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - Featherstone Rd., responded to this review, 18 July 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I truly appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review. It is great to hear how beneficial the accommodations were for you. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.
Shelby, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

This hotel has been our home away from home for over 4 weeks and the management and staff have been nothing short of wonderful. They have been incredibly accommodating, friendly and very helpful. Everyone has been great, but extra kudos go out to Caren and Frederick. The facility itself, as well as our room, is very clean and very well maintained. I would recommend this property to anyone who is requiring the best in accommodations and service in this area of Michigan.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - Featherstone Rd., responded to this review, 11 July 2013
Jo - Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. We truly appreciate your comments about our hotel and the staff, especially Caren and Frederick. I truly enjoy receiving positive feedback about will be sure to share your remarks with all of the members of our team. Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.
Ontario
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2013

This was our second stay at this hotel. After a poor experience the first time, we were comped a second stay. After two stays I would not be back.

The rooms are clean, but very run-down. The carpets have stains, the furniture is getting tattered, wall paper is peeling.

The toilet in our room was running and making a lot of noise. We closed the door to keep the noise level down and the door locked. We could not get back into our bathroom. Upon calling the front desk, we were informed that the hotel did not have a staff member to fix it. There were no rooms with a King sized bed available to be transferred to, only double bed rooms. We did not want to sleep in a double bed, so were given a key to the double bed room down the hall to use the bathroom facilities.

Breakfast is "grab and go" - prepackaged muffins, granola bars, and some pretty sad looking fruit.

The only good part of our stay was the comfortable bed and that the stay was free.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Dina T
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - Featherstone Rd., responded to this review, 20 June 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am sorry to hear that you experienced issues while staying with us. I am discussing your review with our staff to adress your concerns. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

Cortez, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2013

Extremely close to Chrysler HQs and easy to get to I-75. Very friendly, professional desk agent who listened and got me a top floor room. The room was very clean and was perfect for a week-long stay. Although there is a great kitchen, the selection of cooking utensils/pots & pans may have been lacking, but overall, it allowed me to save money over going out to eat for every meal. I'll definitely be back!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - Featherstone Rd., responded to this review, 31 May 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the staff and cleanliness of the room. We certainly take a lot of pride in our facility. It would be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thanks again!
Auburn Hills, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2013

Have stayed before in Extended Stay in many cities, but this should rank as among the worst ever; You had customer service persons who were always grumpy, who assumed you were staying for free and had a lackadaisical attitude; Even to collect your mails/parcels was unpleasant; The bathroom door was not locking and was not repaired even after 3 weeks of stay, same with the bathroom water issue; A customer service person told that it was not her duty to remind us before checkout date for extending a room;; Another person was very rude and made unpleasant remarks; The breakfast was really wortheless with the items served decreasing with every week of stay, First fruit juice was removed, then it was the oats, then it was the fruits served, at the end everyone I knew started preparing their own breakfast, I would definitely not recommend this ESA to even my worst enemy

Room Tip: Choose Ground Floor Rooms
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
RDO_Sarah_L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - Featherstone Rd., responded to this review, 15 April 2013
I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. Please accept our most sincere apologies for the poor customer service you received. Your comments were reviewed by the staff and we will train and coach our front desk agents to make sure this experience is not repeated. I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at dab@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
Bay City, MI
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2013

We stayed here for a weekend away to go to the Auburn Hills Mall. It's proximity to the mall is awesome, you just hop back on the expressway, and you are there in about 5 minutes. Great. The first room we walked into was a disaster. There were key cards still on the table, along with a knife left out, and there was black soot(?) all over the place. The bed was not made.... all in all not clean at all. So we lugged our things back down and told the front desk, and she said that her system showed that it was cleaned. Our eyes saw differently. She gave us another room down the hall from the dirty room. Once we got settled, it was okay. The shower was vapor locked and made a squealing sound the entire time you were in there, which wasn't very long because the drain did not work properly and before you know it, you're standing in ankle deep water. The same went with the sink- poor plumbing. The bed was decent, the TV was updated, but, I've stayed in three other hotels in the area, and I would not come back here. The Wyndham and the Hyatt are much nicer, but, I guess you get what you pay for; if you want something cheap, this will do.

Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
RDO_Sarah_L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - Featherstone Rd., responded to this review, 28 February 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am sorry to hear that you experienced issues while staying with us. I am discussing your review with our staff to ensure that issue does not happen again in the future. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at dab@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.