Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - Featherstone Rd.
US$201
US$171
HIExpress.com
US$130
US$120
Comfort Suites Auburn Hills(Auburn Hills)(Great Value!)
US$103
US$90
ComfortSuites
US$156
US$143
Quality Inn Auburn Hills(Auburn Hills)(Great Value!)
US$108
US$116
US$200
US$183
TownePlace Suites
All reviewshot cocoawithin milesfront desk staffcontinental breakfastkitchenette
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Stayed here on weekend shopping at Great Lakes Crossing.Best price for hotels in the area for that night. Only a few minutes from the mall so worth the drive instead of paying $150+ for hotels at the mall. Room is a little dated but good size. Didn't use the kitchen but would be good if staying longer. Beds weren't great but were okay. Everything appeared clean. Was suprisingly quiet. Breakfast was just granola bars,muffins and fruit but was fine. Didn't really expect more for what we paid. Overall would stay again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - Featherstone Rd., responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you found the accommodations and location convenient for your needs. Also, it is good to hear that the spaciousness of your guest room and the fully equipped kitchen were ad added value.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

My wife and I stayed here for a night over this past weekend for a business trip in the Detroit metro area, and our first impression of the place, when we arrived to an unlit exterior of a hotel at the dark of night when the other 2 hotels near it were lit tells the story of our short stay there. The front desk clerk took forever to show up to the desk when we arrived and phoned in the little phone by the desk to check in. After politely asking for a room on a location above the 1st floor, we were abruptly brushed back and told that the hotel is sold out; our room was next to the tiny gym instead. Our room was pretty cozy for a couple, with only one little ottoman chair for us to sit in the living area by the bed, and a smaller kitchen area than the one we had at another Extended Stay America hotel in a different Michigan town. The bed was also harder than that other ESA hotel, so much so that my wife had troubles sleeping for most of the night leading to the morning of our departure. Lastly, the hot water in the shower comes up short in that department, which is strange considering the hot water in the nearby vanity sink and in the kitchen sink runs just fine. It's not too comfortable showering in lukewarm water to start off our morning.

Overall, the hotel is located in a good area, has nice exterior architecture and lobby, but ultimately, the insides of it failed to impressed us. We will not likely to return to this particular ESA hotel for a stay in the Metro Detroit area in the future.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank chocopenguin
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - Featherstone Rd., responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am very sorry that our staff did not attend to your needs upon arrival in a professional manner. In response, I am reviewing our customer service standards with the entire team and how we handle overnight check-in's to ensure this does not happen again. As for the bedding, I am pleased to announce we will be receiving all new mattresses in the near future.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. I invite you to contact me, at DAB@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Should have realized the moment we checked in and the lady that checked us in said if our bed sheets are dirty bring them down and they will give us clean ones!! When we arrived to our room there was a huge beattle hanging on our curtains and there was 2 other bugs dead on the windo ledge!!.. The hotel was very smelly cause people were cooking and had there doors pryed open so that the smell would not stay in their hotel room so the hallways smelled like fish! Breakfast was only apple oranges and oatmeal bar. No juice or water. Would not ever stay here again!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank GRA1414
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - Featherstone Rd., responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I was disheartened to read that you encountered housekeeping issues. I apologize that our housekeeping policy was not reviewed with you during check-in. I've discussed your comments with the team to insure a more complete room inspection is performed to ensure cleanliness is to our standards.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

I was here for about 2 months, working at a nearby hospital, which coincidently offers discounts for this place. Overall, the staff was friendly and helpful. Internet was slow and expensive to upgrade (about $50 IIRC), but is a must if you want to stream good quality video and skyping. There is no gym, but the extended stay nearby has one for about an extra dollar a day.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - Featherstone Rd., responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that your accommodations were satisfactory. I am sorry about the inconvenience you had with the internet and promise to look into your concerns.

Reviewed 5 October 2013

I stay at Extended Stay Auburn Hills for a business trip to Detroit, around a week in September 2013.

When I travel on business, I really don't care about the hotels in which I stay, so I usually pick the cheapest I can find across the various hotel sites. For this trip, I paid around $45 per night, which is very cheap.

Of course, you don't get much more than your room, which is spacious and nice, albeit somewhat old. I hate fixed shower heads, but they are so common in the US, I won't hold that against this hotel.

There's no room service unless you stay longer than a week, in which case you get one room cleaning per week. There are no facilities to mention; there's a gym with three cardio machines, there are vending machines (but no restaurant). There's included breakfast if you count packaged donuts or backs of instant oatmeal as breakfast. You get a kitchenette and a full fridge so you can save by buying your own breakfast and make in your room. To get fresh towels, you have to bring your dirty ones to the reception and exchange. There's a pool, but it was closed while I was there.

Overall, however, if you're loking for dirt cheap and are willing to sacrifice on ammenities, this is an OK place to stay if you can find cheap nights.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - Featherstone Rd., responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. At Extended Stay America we try to create a "Home away from Home" atmosphere. I certainly hope we were able to accomplish this during your time spent with us. I was happy to hear you found the rooms spacious and was able to utilize the kitchen facilities.

Thanks you again for your review. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other locations, in the future.