Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - Featherstone Rd.
Ranked #14 of 17 Hotels in Auburn Hills
Chicago, Illinois
“Undesirable drama”
Reviewed 20 February 2011

We arrived late and tired with three kids under 10. The check-in was unremarkable; but we noticed an odd smell when we entered the elevator. When we exited the elevator, the smell grew stronger as we noted a group of 6-8 people hanging out in the hallway. It was tough to settle in with the crowd outside, and so we were probably very sensitive to the problems with the room. It felt like a college dormitory, with tired, servicable, sturdy furnishings. We noticed stains in the carpet, tears or cuts in the blankets and stains in the bathroom. Looking out the window to watch our car, we noticed that the screens had been reduced to shreds. Finally, the commotion came to a head as the front desk the crowd in the hall, finally involving the police. We didn't linger the next morning.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank DaddyCub

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Reviewed 22 January 2011

Nice clean beautiful hotel. Near food,close to great lakes crossing outlet(4 miles ),whole food market,meijers,Walmart super center etc.about 2miles. Also Chrysler corp world headquarters and museum within walking distance.plus Dave and buster about 10+ miles. Besides all of the above, the staff at this hotel are really nice

• Stayed January 2011
1 Thank mremb
Decatur, Illinois
Reviewed 14 September 2010

The front desk staff was great, the rooms were very clean and comfortable. all the imenties you could ask for, kitchen microwave refrig, stove top, dishwasher, toaster, coffee pot with coffee. Only down side we stayed during the weekend, no breakfast available. I would stay again and again.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Pontiac, Michigan
Reviewed 30 November 2009

I stayed at the ESD over the TG holiday. I got the hotel for a $35/nt bid (including tax). For a 2 star hotel I wasn’t expecting much but I’ve paid less and got a better hotel. I was leery as soon as I walked into my room. There wasn’t anything horrible about it – it just didn’t give me that warm-fuzzy feeling. The bed spread looked worn and dated. The curtains were the same with a couple holes. It would’ve been nice to have curtain sheers - the room was very dark but I couldn’t keep the curtains open without having everyone see into my room. The sink and the tub were clogged up. Even after Mr. Maintenance man came to pour Drano down the drain the sink remained clogged up. There were two door latches on the door which makes you wonder about security.

The layout in the ESDs double-rooms is very odd. The walls were thin – I heard someone snoring next door. You have to go down to the front desk for everything. They’ve even taken the buttons off the phone for housekeeping, maintenance, front desk, etc. Some of the pillows didn’t have pillowcases – had to go down to the front desk to get some. There’s nothing that tells you to push “0” for the front desk you just have to figure it out. There’s a $4.99/stay fee for Internet access.

I stay in this area a lot when visited family/friends. I usually bid on a room and have been fortunate enough to get a room at the Homestead (3 miles from ESD) and have paid less. They are both 2 star and after being placed at the ESD I’ll be willing to pay more and bid on a 3 star.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled solo
Northern Michigan
Reviewed 30 November 2009

I read all of the horrible reviews of this hotel and the one good review before I booked the room, and decided to book it anyway. I am glad that I did. My husband and I were traveling with friends to a Detroit Pistons game and wanted an inexpensive place close to the Palace. We had twice previously stayed next door at the Wingate by Wyndham, which is also nice and inexpensive but the Extended Stay Deluxe was only $45! We decided to take a chance and everything was fine. We let them know that we would not be arriving until quite late and the marked us for a late check in which was good since the hotel was full. The lobby is very nice, it does look like it may have been recently renovated. When we got to our room we were very pleased, for $45 we got a king sized bed, a pull out sofa (which we didn't use but hey, it was there) a full sized fridge, stove, microwave, table, all things we really didn't need but great deal for what we paid. The hotel was quiet despite being full, and the staff was friendly. Then only complaint I have is that the windows were not locked when we got there, and they were a little dirty. Also our friend's smoke detector was going of in their room because of a low battery, but that was an easy fix. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone looking for an inexpensive place to stay for the night.

Alto, MI
Reviewed 16 November 2009

After reading reviews on this and many other web-sites bashing the Extended Stay Deluxe of Auburn Hills, I was very disappointed when one of those on-line reservation sites placed us here. At that point, I swore I would never take that chance again, and even considered just eating the cost and getting a room elsewhere. But, after a reassuring phone conversation with the receptionist, we went ahead with the reservation.

A great decision. Upon entry, the hotel appeared to have been updated recently and I would considered it very comparable to one of those other hotel/motel chains that charge $30-50 more. And much to our surprise, we had been upgraded to a room with a king size bed. The room was spacious, clean, and relatively quiet with a good layout..

The hotel only offers coffee in the morning, but for the price difference we could eat breakfast and lunch elsewhere and still be ahead. There is a small cardio room, and an outdoor pool (closed for the season).

I will stay here again next time I am in town for a concert. It is a definite value for those not needing bells, whistles, and pampering. If you expect high-end service that you get at one of the H's, then pay the $100-200 and go there (next door). Otherwise, take it for what it is and consider it a great value (in our case $48 after tax).

And if there's something wrong, go to the front desk and try working it out instead of having a miserable experience, paying for it, and complaining later.

buckhead
Reviewed 14 November 2009

The room was dirty. the hotel staff was unprofessional and not helpful at all. The bathroom was not cleaned. Do not stay here

Travellers also viewed these Auburn Hills hotels
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Detroit Auburn Hills
Comfort Suites Auburn Hills
Comfort Suites Auburn Hills
#7 of 17 in Auburn Hills

Been to Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - Featherstone Rd.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - Featherstone Rd.

Property: Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - Featherstone Rd.
Address: 2100 Featherstone Rd, Auburn Hills, MI 48326-2804 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe )
Region: United States > Michigan > Auburn Hills
Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #14 of 17 Hotels in Auburn Hills
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - Featherstone Rd. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Extended Stay, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - Featherstone Rd. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay Deluxe Auburn Hills/Featherstone Hotel Auburn Hills