“Great South Indian food”
Review of Rangoli

Rangoli
Ranked #12 of 131 Restaurants in Auburn Hills
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Los Angeles
“Great South Indian food”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I went their with my friend and ordered to go. I was going to order Idli Sambhar but I saw that they had Indian Chinease so I ordered Szechuan noodles. They didn't put utensils so we had to ask for it. My friend ordered lamb thali with desert and Mugaltany soup.

My noodles were average. Not spicy like I ordered and it wasn't even mixed, white on one side, red chilli powder crummed on the other side with the vegetables.

My friend loved her lamb. I tried her Sambhar and it was good. Seems like Rangoli is better at traditional south Indian dishes.

Visited July 2014

• Korean first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“A True Taste of India”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

An extensive menu with fast and friendly service. A must for anyone looking for great tasting Indian food.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank alimentoD
Milford, Michigan
“nice lunch buffet”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

stopped in for lunch the other day. buffete is the play for lunch. Many choices, good quality, and there are a lot of people, so they keep the food turing over and fresh

• Visited June 2014
Allen Park, Michigan
“Worth the effort to find with a large menu and good food”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I won't pretend to know Indian food and what 'authentic' means. But I know that it's easy to overload foods with spices like cilantro and curry, ruining the natural mingling of the flavors in spicy dishes. Rangoli gets it right, with every dish I tried a nice blend of flavors. The menu is extensive, and the restaurant has a decent beer and wine selection. My service could have been better, though I noticed other tables getting outstanding service from other servers, so it's hit-or-miss.

If you are visiting Chrysler or one of the other automotive companies on Opdyke Road, this might be a great change of pace from the usual Applebee's, Macaroni Grill or Mongolian Barbeque. They even have a buffet at lunch. The restaurant itself is a little hard to find. It's 'around the corner' from Walton Blvd in a strip mall on the north side of Walton about halfway between I-75 and Squirrel Rd, and if you see the 'DQ' sign for the Dairy Queen next door you'll know you've found the right strip mall.

One item of note: I ordered my dishes spiced 'hot'. They were more what I would call 'medium'. If you like your dishes extra spicy, be sure to tell your server you'd like 'Indian hot', not 'American hot'.

• Visited May 2014
Rochester Hills, Michigan
“Excellent Indian restaurant”
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Lunch is a buffet (you can also order from the menu).
Dinner is a way more quiet atmosphere.
Food is great and a good introduction to Indian cusine. I would recommend the chicken tika massala.
Cooking classes are also available.

Visited February 2014