“Excellent hotel and can't beat the location”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Auburn Hills
London, Canada
“Excellent hotel and can't beat the location”
Reviewed 24 July 2011

My sister and I stayed here a part of a girls getaway shopping weekend. We booked the hotel because the location seemed perfect and we were not disappointed. Great Lakes Crossing Outlet mall is right at the hotel - about a 3 minute walk to the entrance which was perfect. If you have mobility issues there is a free shuttle from the hotel to the mall. Aside from the mall there is also a Target, Kohl's, Meijer, Old Navy etc within a 5 min drive and there are also lots of restaurants around ie. Olive Garden, Applebee's etc.
Room: The room was great, we had 2 queen beds as requested and the room had a fridge and microwave which was handy. The beds were very comfortable. The bathroom was perfect and nicely appointed with all the amenities you would need. The room was very clean and the air conditioning worked very well. It was very quiet at night and we had no trouble sleeping.
Pool/Fitness Club: The fitness club is small but nicely appointed with water coolers that you can freely access. The pool area was very nice and clean with towels available and a hot tub area which was very nice.
Internet: There are two computers in the lobby area which are free to use and were very quick.
Service: Service was great, front desk staff were all very helpful and very nice.
Food: A free hot breakfast is included which is a nice touch. It's nothing special but it's free and there is ample choice such as eggs, bacon, biscuits, bagles, cinnamon buns, cereal and coffee and juice is included. There was also free coffee and cookies in the lobby during the day and a coffee machine in your room which was included. There is also a snack store where you can purchase pretty much anything you might be craving.
Overall impression: Fantastic overall impression. We were extremely happy with this hotel and will return in the future.,

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Saint Charles, Michigan
Reviewed 15 July 2011

Be sure to take your swim suit...and work out clothes. Wonderful pool and work out area...nice cozy rooms.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Trempealeau, Wisconsin
Reviewed 12 July 2011

I travel to the Detroit area a couple times a year and over the years have stayed at many different hotels. I have stayed at the Holiday Inn Express twice now and it is by far my absolute favorite. The customer service is the best! The rooms are spacious, clean, modern and beautiful. Of course you have to love the bidet toilets as well. :-) Their complimentary breakfast is great and you get free cookies. The location is great because you can just walk across the parking lot to the Great Lakes Crossing for great shopping and dining. In fact, my husband had heard me talk about this hotel so much that when we travel there together in August for a vacation he requested we stay there! You will not be disappointed!

Oxford, MI
Reviewed 11 July 2011

I just wanted to thank the Holiday Inn Express staff for being such great hosts to our guests!!I We had a large meeting at our Corporation in Oxford and we had several Parker employees from several different countries come to stay at the Holiday Inn Express in March. We had visitors from Germany, India, and China, as well as many visitors from within the US. Everyone loved their accomidations. Also, it was great to have the mall near by for dinners, and shopping. We frequently use the Holiday Inn express for our customers and Parker Hannifin employees. I have always received great feedback from everyone! I know I can book with confidence! I just received a call last week from another Parker Employee that had stayed there. They wanted to let me know that they received a great rate, and they were upgraded to a better room because they mentioned our Corporate name. I didn't even know the associate was coming to town, but it makes me feel confident that the Holiday Inn in Auburn Hills is going to take care of their guests, no matter what the situation is. Thank you all again!!!

Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 11 July 2011

This hotel was great. People at the front desk were very friendly and helpful at check-in. They even gave me a free upgrade when I arrived. On my way to the room I snagged a couple free cookies they out... strawberry white chocolate, yum.

The room was nice and clean. My room even had a fridge and microwave, which was way more than I was expecting! The room was a nice size and the beds were comfy.

The view out the window-- a huge mall, indoor outlets, with lots of restaurants. Not only was the mall very nice, but I could eat at the restaurants and it was within walking distance.

I visited the pool that night. It was a little chilly, but the hot tub was nice.

Overall, great hotel. The room was a bit on the pricy side for personal use, but the rate they gave my company was very good.

Room Tip: Find out if this hotel gives your company any discounts on rooms
Holly, Michigan
Reviewed 7 July 2011

I have stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Auburn Hills multiple times and I would not even think about going to another hotel. Very clean rooms and common areas. Very friendly staff and what seems to be a great management team. You're missing out if you don't stay here.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Littleton, Colorado
Reviewed 31 May 2011

I stayed overnight and was exhausted when I arrived. The room was very clean, modern and calming with many nice amenities. The bidet style toilet was an added plus along with additional outlets in the bathroom made using hair styling electronics much easier. The staff was very helpful and so friendly.
Finally, your complimentary breakfast was definitely a "cut above" was most other similar hotels provide. The scrambled eggs were fluffy as though made from scratch (unlike the very rubbery ones that are normally served) and the coffee was very delicious. I would definitly stay at this hotel again if I am ever back in the area!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo